Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: The time for "Action" has come! (Please do NOT post questions in this thread.)  (Read 29967 times)

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
Re:The time for "Action" has come!
« Reply #75 on: 05 Apr 2005, 03:08:01 »
I don't have a whole lot to add here, but I'm trying to figure out the "SWITCH WEAPON" action. So far, I've only been able to get any response from it using the two following methods:

_unit action ["SWITCH WEAPON"]
_unit action ["SWITCH WEAPON", _unit]

The only effect I've been able to make from the above is that if the unit has a pistol or AT launcher out, then he will put it away and switch to his rifle. Not quite the effect I'm hoping for, but at least I've gotten a response from it...

The second method can then have any number of parameters after it, with anything in them, to the same effect. Basically, if you have more than 1 parameter, the second one must be the unit. I'm hoping that one of the parameters beyond that will let you tell the unit what weapon or muzzle or magazine to use, but no luck so far...

-----------------------------

I've also gotten some effect from the "USE WEAPON" action, using this syntax:

_unit action ["USE WEAPON", _unit]
_unit action ["USE WEAPON"]

This will make the unit bend down like he is putting his weapon on the ground, then stand back up. HOWEVER, if the unit has an AT weapon selected, then this will make him shoot his RIFLE (!) while it is still on his back!

The above actions might also have something to do with a vehicle's current weapon, so I'll have to experiment with that as well....
« Last Edit: 05 Apr 2005, 03:29:07 by General Barron »
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

C4_tnt

« Reply #76 on: 16 Apr 2005, 03:02:30 »
well, dont take this as a goddamn question, its a sugestion ok? pls someone put the action vor vits antonov open rear, and open the front hatch! thats all...

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #77 on: 16 Apr 2005, 13:21:45 »

Was that info not supplied with the addon via a readme or something?

Besides all that I think this thread is for default game actions not for third party actions.

It would be a very large thread if it included third party actions.   ::) ::)

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

C4_tnt

« Reply #78 on: 16 Apr 2005, 15:00:59 »
No it didn't came in the readme, but sorry, if this threat is really for the games basic actions... I miss understood. But I know it would be a really big list of actions… but so what? People could use it as reference…. It would be cool… it could even be a fix post…

Just a suggestion….

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #79 on: 16 Apr 2005, 15:04:05 »
Hmmmm......it is a sticky topic already.

Somehow I doubt a lot of people would scan a very large topic looking for the third party actions they want.

Planck

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #80 on: 16 Apr 2005, 19:32:11 »
@C4_tnt

Scripting-wise, what you are talking about isn't the same as the rest of the actions in this thread. This thread deals only with how to use the "action" command. I'm sure the addon you have uses the "animate" command to open/close the doors.

Well, if the plane has an action that lets you open the front or the rear, then that is sorta what we are talking about. In fact, I'm now guessing that user-defined actions like that are what the "USER TYPE" action refers to. But until someone figures that action out, you will have to use the "animate" command, or whatever other scripting commands the plane's action actually runs.

I'd suggest emailing the author if his readme was incomplete.
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

C4_tnt

« Reply #81 on: 17 Apr 2005, 02:19:34 »
sry you guys are right i confused action with animate sry i will delete my posts... sry, realy sry

ROBINO

« Reply #82 on: 23 Apr 2005, 12:03:06 »
Good stuff thnx guys  :D

Offline The-Architect

• Former Staff
  • Bite my shiny metal...
    • Bob's Un-official Flashpoint Page
« Reply #83 on: 08 Jun 2005, 18:56:06 »
C4_tnt, you'll have to un-pbo the addon and look for the animation bit in the config. That'll tell you how to open the doors.
James Andrew Wilkinson 1977 - 2005 R.I.P.
"If it ain't the friggin' incoming it's the friggin' outgoing. Only difference is who gets the friggin' grease, and that ain't no friggin' difference at all."

_AG

« Reply #84 on: 02 Jul 2005, 17:49:08 »
Hi!
What is format for action "LOAD MAGAZINE"?
Thanks

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
« Reply #85 on: 02 Jul 2005, 17:54:11 »
Good question.  ;D

Unfortunately I don't think anyone knows.....yet.

Actually this thread isn't for asking questions about actions.
It is in fact for people to list any new actions they find and how to use them.

Or indeed any actions we know about and how to use them if we don't know already. ::)

Planck

Offline 456820

• Contributing Member
Unfortunately I don't think anyone knows.....yet.

i dont know the correct syntax but im sure someone could get it the action is

ACTION(ReloadMagazine) // special actions

given to use by BraTTy in post 14 of this topic it syas what i put above so we do know it just dont know the syntax yet a sham tough i need it
if someone whats to try a test and find it, i would i just dont have alot of time for playing ofp for some reason now.

anyway hope that helps someone

it may be
unit_name action ["ReloadMagazine"]
but thats not guarantted syntax

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
This sticky is now unstuck.

It has been replaced with a new sticky here.

Most of the information in this topic has been condensed into an html document and submitted to the Editors Depot.

This document is available here.

Planck