Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: The time for "Action" has come! (Please do NOT post questions in this thread.)  (Read 29965 times)

Matt Walter

Re:The time for "Action" has come!
« Reply #60 on: 09 Aug 2004, 19:05:12 »
ok, I read this whole topic, copied the scripts, and then I tried to put them in a mission and it said it didn't work. Can someone explain this to me, step by step.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #61 on: 09 Aug 2004, 20:30:23 »
Don't ask questions here, this thread is for adding information.    ;)

All you need from this thread is one of the files that I attached a couple of posts ago:  they contain all the information in the thread.

For your question, start a new thread on this board.    Tell us in MUCH more detail what you are trying to do, what you did, what happened and how you know it didn't work.   If you got an error message quote it exactly.  
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Iva

« Reply #62 on: 09 Aug 2004, 20:48:12 »
How do i use TakeMagazine Action?  >:(

I need ai to pick up magazine that other soldier droped whit this acion:

_Carrier action ["DROP MAGAZINE",pl,0,0,"Osa_Mag"]

??? ???
« Last Edit: 09 Aug 2004, 20:52:32 by Iva »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #63 on: 09 Aug 2004, 22:36:49 »
What did I say in my last post?  :hmm:

Don't ask questions here, this thread is for adding information.

::)

Please do not ask questions in this thread!
[/size][/b][/color]

« Last Edit: 09 Aug 2004, 22:41:05 by macguba »

Matt Walter

« Reply #64 on: 10 Aug 2004, 08:38:32 »
oops sorry guys.
« Last Edit: 10 Aug 2004, 08:39:54 by Matt Walter »

Offline Tyger

• Former Staff
  • I was at OFPEC when it still had dirt floors...
    • OFPEC
« Reply #65 on: 20 Aug 2004, 00:10:50 »
if u want 2 double check urself, or find some new ones, theres an 'action' list/tute over at www.opflashpoint.com somwhere

Tyger
"People sleep soundly at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

MSG Mike Everret - We Will Never Forget - '75-'08

Bart

« Reply #66 on: 28 Aug 2004, 18:17:05 »
This thread has very good scripting commands about the STANDARD OFP actions but what about if you make them yourself?  ???

An example a scripter has made a hostage script, when you want to free the hostages you must press 'secure hostage' in the action menu

now I want to know how an AI can perform this action...
I've been working on this issue for about 3 months now and I couldnt find an answer  :'(  :-X , plz help me...  :-[

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #67 on: 28 Aug 2004, 18:42:50 »
[size=50]Do not ask questions in this thread.[/b][/size]

I said it in big red letters about three posts ago.   :hmm:

This thread is only for adding information.    Please post your question in the Editing: General board.
« Last Edit: 28 Aug 2004, 18:44:47 by macguba »

Bart

« Reply #68 on: 28 Aug 2004, 18:59:16 »
I'm sorry but I cant seem to make a new topic on the general announcements board  ??? so i posted it here

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #69 on: 26 Oct 2004, 00:30:16 »
Forgive me for this, macguba, but I believe I'm adding information (conjecture), which may help someone figure this out, or post the answer if they already have figured it out.

This thread has very good scripting commands about the STANDARD OFP actions but what about if you make them yourself?  ???

An example a scripter has made a hostage script, when you want to free the hostages you must press 'secure hostage' in the action menu

now I want to know how an AI can perform this action...

I don't know if this is possible, but I sure hope it is...

From looking at the list of available actions from McFly's post, I would suspect that the correct action would be "USER TYPE". I experimented with this action a while back, but with no success. Well, I did find a way to crash to desktop with no error message, and believe it or not someone asked how to do just that a few weeks later on these forums....

To recap something I posted a while back, the action command seems to take a max of 5 parameters. If you give it 6, it will give you an error saying it expected 5. However, I believe that in many actions, some of the parameters are just placeholders for some reason. For example:
Code: [Select]
foo action["take mine",_unit,0,0,"Mine"]would work the same no matter what you put in place of the 0's.

I would suspect that you would need to pass the index of the action you want the unit to use, if you can use scripted actions. So perhaps it would look something like this:
unit action["USER TYPE", action index, object action is attatched to]There also might be any combination of "place holders" required, like in the above example with the "take mine" command. Just remember, the limit seems to be 5 params, and most actions seem to use either 1 parameter, 2 parameters, or all 5 (with placeholders). Anyway, hopefully someone will find my musings helpful in finding more actions.

---------------

However, the "user type" action might also refer to actions added in via an addon's config. Just another angle to look into...
« Last Edit: 26 Oct 2004, 00:41:29 by General Barron »
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

XIII

« Reply #70 on: 02 Nov 2004, 14:18:17 »
I made this when i had nothing to do

SlowMotion

Play OFP a la Max Payne!

Use: Slowmotion
How: Use your action menu for: Slowmotion On and Slowmotion Off
Extra: Sounds
Script(s): Main.sqs, Slowmotionon.sqs, Slowmotionoff.sqs
Command(s): slowmotionon=p1 addaction ["Slowmotion On","Slowmotionon.sqs"], slowmotionoff=p1 addaction ["Slowmotion Off","Slowmotionoff.sqs"]

And i also used the Removeaction command.
I put the map if you guys want, it's for SP and this is just to test. Maybe i'll make a mission with it...

XIII
« Last Edit: 02 Nov 2004, 14:18:46 by XIII »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #71 on: 02 Nov 2004, 16:07:33 »
@XIII Well, it sounds like a handy little thing but it is nothing to do with this thread.      This is about the action command, not the action menu.   As it's a beta post it on the scripts beta testing board.    ;)

@General Barron, that is EXACTLY the kind of thing this thread is for.  :thumbsup:

makkaramies

« Reply #72 on: 22 Nov 2004, 21:53:36 »
WoW! this was helpfull. Thanks guys.

Offline Fire-Fox

• Members
  • Violence is just a friend walking on the right way
« Reply #73 on: 23 Nov 2004, 02:06:29 »
After trying around with it extensively, I think I have found out that the action "Flaps down" / "Flaps up" only works when the player is the driver of the corresponding aircraft. (I activated an Alpha trigger with a10 action ["flaps down"] while an AI pilot was in it and nothing happened. Then I shot the AI pilot  ;D, got in myself and triggered Alpha again, and oho! the flaps were down)

And now, after having conveyed these fundamental, revolutionary findings I think I can now go to bed and enjoy my well-earned rest.  ;)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #74 on: 16 Dec 2004, 22:00:37 »
 OK........I decided to have a wee poke about with macgubas list of all the actions mentioned in this thread so far.

There were quite a few that seemed incomplete......so

I decided to play with the GETIN and MOVETO type actions to see what I could come up with.

To begin with:

GET IN:    unit action ["get in",vehicle]

This is in the list, but sadly I couldn't get anyone to get in anything with it.

The same went for this variation I tried

GETIN:    unit action ["getin",vehicle]

Also:

GET OUT:    unit action ["get out",vehicle]

That doesn't work for me either.

But this works fine:

GETOUT:    unit action ["getout",vehicle]

Anyway....onto my newer findings:

GETIN CARGO
unitname action ["getin cargo",vehiclename]

Unit will get into vehicle cargo if there is space.
Will even get into vehicle if the vehicle is miles away or flying, but I think the vehicle must be relatively slow moving or stationary. Unit seems to get teleported to the vehicles position and then does the getin animation.

GETIN COMMANDER
unitname action ["getin commander",vehiclename]

Unit will get into vehicle as commander if the position is empty.
Will even get into vehicle if the vehicle is miles away, but I think the vehicle must be relatively slow moving or stationary.
Unit seems to get teleported to the vehicle position and then does the getin animation.

GETIN DRIVER
unitname action ["getin driver",vehiclename]

Unit will get into vehicle as driver if the position is empty.
Will even get into vehicle if the vehicle is miles away or flying, but I think the vehicle must be relatively slow moving or stationary.
Unit seems to get teleported to the vehicle position and then does the getin animation.

GETIN GUNNER
unitname action ["getin gunner",vehiclename]

Unit will get into vehicle as gunner if the position is empty. Will even get into vehicle if the vehicle is miles away or flying, but I think the vehicle must be relatively slow moving or stationary.

Note:
GETIN PILOT which is also in the list seems to do nothing.

Ok....Last lot

MOVETOCARGO
unitname action ["movetocargo",vehiclename]

Will immediately move a crew unit to cargo. If you order a pilot to do this, he will, and if the aircraft is flying it will no longer have a pilot unless there was a unit/units in cargo already, in which case they will swap positions.
However choppers sometimes fly erratically and even fly backwards when you swap pilots like this.
Works with player as well as AI.

MOVETOCOMMANDER
unitname action ["movetocommander",vehiclename]

Immediately moves a crew or cargo unit to commander position.
Original commander ends up in cargo or new commanders previous position.

MOVETODRIVER
unitname action ["movetodriver",vehiclename]

Immediately moves a crew or cargo unit to driver position. Original driver ends up in cargo or new drivers previous position.
However choppers sometimes fly erratically and even fly backwards when you swap pilots like this.

MOVETOGUNNER
unitname action ["movetogunner",vehiclename]

Immediately moves a crew or cargo unit to gunner position.
Original gunner ends up in cargo or new drivers previous position.

Well, thats all for today, hope its useful.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.