Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: ok...some mod groups have gone too far...  (Read 965 times)

futurehornetdriver

ok...some mod groups have gone too far...
« on: 04 May 2003, 22:48:56 »
yeah, I know it's their business what they decide to do but OMG...I just went to ofp.cz and some retard is making an ET Mod..yes a mod about the freaking movie...now I'm just thinking when is too far too far for operation flashpoint.  Now, judging 95% of the people who claim to be working a mod have a snowballs chance in hell of actually releasing one. I just think someguys have lost perspective on what OFP was all about when BIS designed it. It was built as a military shooter that was based on realworld units and plausible conflict now I see mods for starwars, aliens, crusaders, the matrix etc.....I mean geez why don't we have a mod based on pokemon too. We yet to have a decent WWII or Korean War mod...let alone many other wars that the US wasn't involved in.  All I'm saying as when u "modders" have a brain fart on the next new thing  for ofp..please don't lose sight on the effort BIS put into making ofp a somewhat realistic game of modern realworld combat

fragsta

Re:ok...some mod groups have gone too far...
« Reply #1 on: 04 May 2003, 23:41:07 »
Hes right. There are too many b**ls**t mods being made out there, and too many b**ls**t addons too. How can you make an ET mod? What I think is that all you "modders" should get 2gether and finish the WWII, falklands, Gulf war and mayb a couple other mods, instead of fightin on who gets to do which theme. Just work 2gether, and use each others addons. We want quality addons and mods, not just crappy RAM and Hard disk-eating models and maps with slightly changed textures. Come on you "experts", think!

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
Re:ok...some mod groups have gone too far...
« Reply #2 on: 05 May 2003, 00:04:35 »
Guys,

As this is going to quickly become a flamewar, I'm locking it.

But just bear in mind that if people wish to pursue mods of that type, do we really have the right to tell them to stop? Simply ... No.
Unless you're on the mod team, then you lose nothing at all by avoiding the mod in the future.

Realistic mods will continue regardless of whether sci-fi mods exist or not, and realistic mods will very probably always outnumber sci-fi mods by a large margin, given the type of game that OFP is and the average type of person that buys it.

And arguing that someone who makes an ET mod should instead join a WWII mod to help out is a little pointless. If the person's interest is ET and not WWII, then why would they put their effort into something that doesn't interest them?

*locked*
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"