Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: WWII Australian Infantry; port from MOH:AA  (Read 5034 times)

Frosty

WWII Australian Infantry; port from MOH:AA
« on: 30 Apr 2003, 09:13:44 »
Ooh, expect them soon.
Before I release, ill need permission from the authors

Pics from MOH

Desert (yay, a slouch hat. Us aussies are rebels, we dont need helmets)

Jungle (ill probably need to make a austen and owens to go with them)
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2003, 09:18:47 by Frosty »

jepo

Re:WWII Australian Infantry; port from MOH:AA
« Reply #1 on: 30 Apr 2003, 10:16:56 »
So, you didn't make em yourself? still cool anyway, are you gonna use them for your new campaign?

Frosty

« Reply #2 on: 30 Apr 2003, 12:12:14 »
Jepo, I have no talent as a modeller or skinner whatsoever. And anyway, these are so cool. Im going to import the webbing to OFP and change the textures and shape of the default OFP soldier, so I will be doing some work.

Ive imported the hat and other webbing pieces into milkshape and then exported as .3ds and autocad but Objekitv just crashes when I try to import them the game crashes.

jepo

« Reply #3 on: 30 Apr 2003, 13:30:39 »
lol, i downloaded .3ds models of planes, tried to import them into O2 but it crashes too and i aint a modeller either. Try asking a pro modeller guy to help you or somethin.

Black Magic

« Reply #4 on: 01 May 2003, 12:16:37 »
Ooh this should be good.

Frosty

« Reply #5 on: 01 May 2003, 13:20:29 »
Yeah, well im still having trouble converting and texturing. Dont expect them too soon now. But Black Magic, they will use the WWIIEC weapons as well of some of upminders if you all say that it is okay. I will increase the camoflauge value of the jungle anzacs to represent how good they were at jungle fighting

Coporal_Punishment

« Reply #6 on: 01 May 2003, 14:34:54 »
Yee-haaa Aussie troops remember we can't forget our New Zealand brothers they were the ones who led were a key element in the British Africa Corps.

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #7 on: 01 May 2003, 18:20:57 »
Personally, I myself see NO problem with you using and editing our stuff so long as credit is given. I'd also love to have your edited stuff hosted on our site, as well as your campaign when it's done. I need you to send me an email so I can send you a beta of my island.

I've been watching your stuff, and it looks great and frankly I'm impressed. It's always good to have someone that takes the addons we do, and then enhances them for their own special uses in their campaign. I have no problem with freelance people like ya doing that. It's a somewhat different matter when another mod wants to take and convert yer stuff, although we tend to be quite cool about that ;)

I'm sure our upcoming british pack can fit quite well into your campaign. Will it use planes? Please keep us updated, as I check this topic everyday.

Cheers.

Frosty

« Reply #8 on: 02 May 2003, 05:42:45 »
Well it's good to see that an administrator of a famous WWII site checks my posts everyday ;D. I'm having problems with my email over at Gdaymate.com.au so Im going to have to get a new email adress.

We’ll VIT and eviscrator made some WWII planes, but the planes disapeered from the OFP scene but remained on my 4-CD OFP addon collection. I’ve got a Spitfire MkI, BE-109, and P-51D Mustang. I’m going to fix up the cockpits, fix proxy problems, muzzle-flash bug problems and update the CPP so they will dogfight and drop their payloads on tiger tanks. The planes will be added into Snypir’s supportpack, so if your 101st airborne buddy with a radio (yes, ive changed Invasion’s 82nd AB to 101st, you can choose which one, it is so you can choose which division you want to fight in) spots a kingtiger tank, he can call in a mustang to strafe it with 250lbs bombs.

I don’t know why people complain there are not enough WWII tanks, these are what im including:
M3 Stuart (M3A1, M3A2, M3A3, M5 and M5A1 variants)
M4 Sherman (M4A1, M4A2, M4A3 and 76mm and 105mm variants)

PzKpfW IV (about 5 variants)
PzKpfW V Panther (about 3 variants)
PzKpfW VI Tiger (about 3 variants, including Koenigstiger)
StuG III

+ more, im a school so I cannot type much ;D

Frosty

« Reply #9 on: 02 May 2003, 11:56:45 »
Here ya go:

You gotta start somewhere :P

Also ive reqeuested the models from the British WWIIEC pack so I can use the british webbing and tin hat.
« Last Edit: 02 May 2003, 13:39:35 by Frosty »

Black Magic

« Reply #10 on: 02 May 2003, 13:46:09 »
Hey looking good man - if you're not too keen on using someone elses textures drop me a message and maybe I can help you out with some new ones from scratch. ;)

Frosty

« Reply #11 on: 02 May 2003, 14:01:09 »
Dude, they're not finished. That's just a beta shot, to display to you that I am working on them. I was using GST's 101st model just to 'snap' on the objects im porting from krzysz's MOH aussies. Then I will alter the vertexs, and retexture it with krzysz's jungle textures.

And here are some US Infantry, using GST's paratrooper model (edited) and the old WWII team army textures:

« Last Edit: 02 May 2003, 14:48:52 by Frosty »

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #12 on: 02 May 2003, 16:45:23 »
Looking great, Frosty. You need to contact the individual addon author's concerning using their stuff being as it's their final decision.

I doubt there will be a problem, but just use our forums to get in touch with them.

Frosty

« Reply #13 on: 03 May 2003, 09:19:40 »
Here are some more beta shots of the US Infantry (this has gone from aussies to yanks ;) sorry bout that!)

Still to do:
Raise the front textures - its still too droopy
Fix up the haversack/doughboy (its the M28, a backpack)
Fix up clipping problems with belts
Add a radio and M5 respirator bag (the ones they wore on D-Day)

I was inspired by Invasion 1944 to instead of making tonnes of different models for each class I used hiddenselections - saves tonnes of space.

« Last Edit: 03 May 2003, 09:22:07 by Frosty »

GCGoquingco

« Reply #14 on: 03 May 2003, 16:43:42 »
WOW frosty! :o  these u.s infantry are way cool! this is just what we need to make descent WW2 invasion landings on DDAY! Just one comment: why are the skins bright? i think they should be a bit darker like the inv44 paratroopers.. they look a lot better if they're not that bright.. ;)

Frosty

« Reply #15 on: 04 May 2003, 01:17:22 »
I know they are a bit bright, they are originally lawries when he was beggining. I remember those days. I will fix them up, fix the haversack, and rank insignas to there arms, add in a radioman and do this:

EDIT:

We'll ive done the radioman
« Last Edit: 04 May 2003, 04:29:44 by Frosty »

GCGoquingco

« Reply #16 on: 04 May 2003, 12:11:35 »
Nice work frosty.   ;D
Will you also include these? :
1) sidearms
2) chin strap
3) mae west (life support)
4) division patches on their arms (1st div. or 29th div.)
if you need more help, go to this page: http://www.elitebrigade.com/REVIEWS/Chuck/PAGE.htm

it looks exactly like the ones on DDAY ;)

lawrie5

« Reply #17 on: 05 May 2003, 09:50:41 »
LOL !!!! oh my god its my textures errr brought back mysteriously to life by u frosty well er u didnt ask permission to use these for an addon so....

HAHAHA yeah like id give a crap hehe glad to see their still useful, i am intending to do reguler us guys eventually but focussing on the germans first (so us wont be for a wee while) good for u frosty tho, i think they look cute, hmm maybe i can help u out here or there. In any case got a few laughs from them good for u have fun with em!

LAWRIE

lawrie5

« Reply #18 on: 05 May 2003, 09:53:01 »
and incidentally while its always ettiquette to ask an addonmaker permission to use textures or works, it isnt necassary to release it. Otherwise i will have 4 million legal cases against the dozens of guys that have used my old textures before hehe.

What i was thinking once was to make a generic 'cloth set' so people can just edit and apply at will, in any case certainly not giving author credit for material used does seem unacceptable, but hehe frostys done that (and cos its just a game anyway) obviously go ahead, and get msn, i want to chat to u sometime ya silly crazy guy u wahahaha

lawrie5

« Reply #19 on: 05 May 2003, 09:54:38 »
Um er 1 more thing lol PLEASE Frosty use upminders pack, (as the new universal pack will directly upgrade that and wont require recoding of ur units to do that... (er) and will add new weapons too, again u can have a beta of that to test with ur americans hehe (ok ill stop spamming now) and all of u check AIA site to see my germans yeah thats right ... u!

Frosty

« Reply #20 on: 05 May 2003, 09:59:44 »
lawrie theyve come back to haunt you from a past life, except this time the helmets are not brown, and they do not have big thick pieces of brown rope on their helmets. These are only an interim solution for my dynamic WWII campaign "Citizen Soldiers" (not many people are actually giving a crap about it know - but I persist) cause theyre actually are no O2 WWII US Infantry yet. I think Ill wait for your new units lawrie, cause I cannot make textures any good at all :-[, but I really needed some.

WOW! I have scavenged every single WW2 addon from the net for my campaign now, and I am in the process of compiling them into one uber-addon for my campaign but I will not release them until I have everybody's permission, OK? It seems though that the Germans have way more vehicles than the americans, so I have compensated for this by coding many variants of the Sherman and Stuart, as well as modelling the extra parts of the variants.

Mars911, they are your tanks! They are haunting you. Im sorry if i am offending anyone by using their work, but you must take it as a compliment because your stuff is good enough to get into my campaign. And lawrie I used your textures cos they were easiest to apply and also the "cleanest", or the most clearest.

lawrie5

« Reply #21 on: 05 May 2003, 10:03:45 »
Really u should go ahead and finish the us infantry cos its gonna be a while till i get time anyway, and heck i can get someone to help u with some basic equipment models, (at least enuf fer yer basic men) but anyway have fun hehe

Frosty

« Reply #22 on: 05 May 2003, 10:03:49 »
Use upminders? But I-dont-wanna  :'(.
No offense to upminder, but firstly, I just dont like the MOH textures. if I release these with the WWIIEC, I will, but with my campaign I will use the Invasion44 weapons and the universal pack

Lawrie didnt I give you credit. I was sure I did.

BETA TEST? FOR ME? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. I am not previliged enough. BTW I love your universal armor code, that is what I am using with the update to Marcel's US tanks, as well as a burning script and added cargo points onto the back of the tanks (so the GIs can ride them - yeehaw - that doesnt sound right ;) :D)

what do you mean basic equipment models. Did you not like my haversack :-[? just kidding. Im still doing the equipment among other things, and im adding Kegetys bleeding script to them because that script rocks, not enough people use it. I will get his permission of course. When Citizen Soldiers is done I plan to have a cinematic intro with credits and cinematic outro with scrolling credits and a black and white movie background with soldiers doing something while music is playing - maybe "White Cliffs of Dover"
« Last Edit: 05 May 2003, 10:06:43 by Frosty »

lawrie5

« Reply #23 on: 05 May 2003, 10:11:39 »
Well good news and bad news, first off the armor code is getting edited a tiny bit to add a miscalculation with a number oops, lol but it will make it a million times better, were releasing it with our retextures of vibes sherman and stug!

It will be out in a day or 2 frosty so i hope ull enjoy that too! And thanx im glad people are finding it useful!

lawrie5

« Reply #24 on: 05 May 2003, 11:34:29 »
See just so u know, when those americans are out the germans im making will be ready muhahaha (their not very nice germans, in fact their what u call in sing song 'nasty nazis' er yes

Frosty

« Reply #25 on: 05 May 2003, 12:46:58 »
Ooh Lawrie is that an Mp28 I see (or whatever it was).

Nasty Nazis eh? Your not going to reenact a "politically correct" Holocaust? Why not make something else noone else has made in the German Army, such as the Mountain Infantry or Volksturm (militia)?

But still, they are pretty nice. What sort of combat situations would they be used in?

lawrie5

« Reply #26 on: 05 May 2003, 14:35:53 »
Bugger... u send an attachment and if 1s got the same name u lose alllll ur text.

Cut down version... doing mountain troops, will eventually do german homeguard (volksturm)

politically correct holocaust nooo but mean and infamous german battle units involved in nastyness will be available in packs also outside the main 4 packs, which are... 1) Wehrmacht 2) Waffen SS 3) Support
4) Paratroopers

The german packs were making are more focussed to the historical recreationist direction than the compromise of 'game experience'

So given nazis werent particularly nice, their nastiest will be included among the assortment u download.

did that make any sense lol? err

lawrie5

« Reply #27 on: 05 May 2003, 14:39:12 »
And the gun u thought was an mp28 isss an mp41 heres a pic!