Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Aircraft Carrier  (Read 1948 times)

Plizkin

Aircraft Carrier
« on: 28 Apr 2003, 15:59:20 »
Hi guys !
just a small question :
Is there anybody who make a Carrier AddOn ?

I know, there is anybody, but it take to long. And I thing, he won`t finish it.

Pandoz

Re:Aircraft Carrier
« Reply #1 on: 28 Apr 2003, 17:59:34 »
please use the search button next time, there are numerous posts about aircraft carriers...but since this thread is already up and running...yes there are a few people who are making/testing AC's as we speak...err well as i type in response to ur typing.

1. NAA and [NAA]US Marine and a friend in specific were making one but it got scrapped due to time constraints i believe.

2. Another squad of guys announced about 4 months ago that they had one and were doing final testing....uhhh no word as of yet

3. I have been out of OFP for about 4 months now due to some deaths in my life, but i am still pretty sure that no one has finished an aircraft carrier yet.

Pliskin

« Reply #2 on: 29 Apr 2003, 16:46:23 »
cool  ;D
a "full animated carrier", you mean ?

p.s.:  Could somebody give me that pic from Plizkin, please ? So much I know he`s deleted now.
« Last Edit: 29 Apr 2003, 16:51:00 by Pliskin »

Offline WizzyWig

• Members
  • Mod Maker
    • Oblivion Promotions
« Reply #3 on: 29 Apr 2003, 19:02:44 »

there u go m8 u happy now

Frosty

« Reply #4 on: 04 May 2003, 01:38:43 »

Pliskin

« Reply #5 on: 05 May 2003, 15:56:50 »
yes, but I saw a better one !

Xeno

« Reply #6 on: 05 May 2003, 16:20:06 »
yeah i saw a better one too. i think the textures arent that good and it would need more polygons but that will be hard with the ofp engine

Pliskin

« Reply #7 on: 06 May 2003, 14:35:57 »
*lol* they doesn`t look like carriers !  ;)

silent_64

« Reply #8 on: 06 May 2003, 15:04:38 »
*lol* they doesn`t look like carriers !  ;)

Thats becouse it assult carriers!!!!!

swift88

« Reply #9 on: 06 May 2003, 17:52:05 »
wat carrier r u looking for ? and which country

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
« Reply #10 on: 06 May 2003, 19:04:41 »
The piccy shown by Wissywig is of HMS Hermes.

She was built as a carrier in 1953.

Modifed a few times first to the role of Commando Assault ship using helicoters as here primiary armament.  In the later 70's trials took place for Harrier use and the ship became a carrier again.

It was in this form she served during the Falklands war, infact still operating in the Commando Carrier aswell.

She is still in use today as a Aircraft Carrier by the Indian Navy under the name of Viraat, still using Harriers.

Yes it is different from the American concept of an aircraft carrier, and is smaller but it still has some good use for those navies with a significantly lower budget.

The Tarawa class Assault ship shown also above were from the outset built as such, and this shows with the way her internals are laid out.  The bad image above is not the models fault, but the graphiscs displayed when that image was taken, she does look a little better.  I would say it requires much more additional work from what I can tell, its a reasonable beta.

The others doing the larger American Carriers and the Soviet Kiev seem to have gone quiet.  I do hpoe that their work will re-surface as it will look good having the mix of carriers.

None of my carriers (Invincible and Hermes) are even close to what I would call Beta due to temporary textures, but they work, but I have the advantage of not requiring any scripts as neither have catapults or arrestor wires.
CBF Shipbuilding

Frosty

« Reply #11 on: 07 May 2003, 13:25:10 »
Carrier SARS, we hear that other people have it but we don't have it yet.
Is it for the best? Cos once you get infected there is no cure, you'll recover from your Carrier overdose or die.
I'm sure ill die from looking at your carriers CBFASI, or to be specific, die FOR them

swift88

« Reply #12 on: 07 May 2003, 19:03:52 »
errrrr not funny  :-\
i would like to see HMS ocean and the british medical ship ( i think its a fearless class adopted  ???)
« Last Edit: 07 May 2003, 19:06:17 by swift88 »

rancor_man67

« Reply #13 on: 15 May 2003, 14:47:57 »
The first one looks great!! second one isn't bad but is a bit blockey. The textures could be better on bouth though. One more thing, what type of super-computer do you need to run a map with that in it??

Rancor.

BraTTy

« Reply #14 on: 16 May 2003, 19:51:12 »
I also am fiddling with a WW2 era AC Carrier and not sure when it will be done as we have no Japanese soldiers yet

http://bratty.freehomepage.com/custom4.html

Offline CBFASI

• Contributing Member
  • Endure All
    • CBFASI's Homepage
« Reply #15 on: 17 May 2003, 21:19:55 »
The frist one, which is having its textures replaced is beign run on a 800mhz machine with 256mb ram and a geforce 2 64mb, oh yes the graphics are maxed out.... (on desert island location).

The carrier, even now when I tripled the poly count from the above pictures is still running smooth.

CBF Shipbuilding

Commando

« Reply #16 on: 20 May 2003, 13:52:27 »
There's a beta of the falklands mod teams aircraft carrier out!
jipiee :D