Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: INVASION 1944 DEMO IS OUT; Link is here...  (Read 11336 times)

futurehornetdriver

Re:INVASION 1944 DEMO IS OUT; Link is here...
« Reply #60 on: 01 May 2003, 16:47:23 »
I remember seein preview pics of 101st paratroopers..are those gonna be included in the full version? since also is this mod gonna be based on the D-day invasion also or just Market Garden? thanks in advance...

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #61 on: 01 May 2003, 18:14:21 »
I enjoyed the demo units quite a bit. What really struck my spot was the falsmighar (I can't spell that damn word so I just won't), the half-track and the airborne units. I did find quite a few bugs, but what can I say about a beta release?

For those that are "overly disapointed" by the demo, perhaps u should visit the I44 site and shut those people that whine and go crazy when they don't get the addons right when they want it. Because fact of it is, that if someone pushes like that then don't expect a perfect release. They wanted them NOW, instead of waiting longer for a bug-free demo. They get what they asked for and then go have a hissy-fit.

I44 Team, goodwork and I look forward to the full mod. BTW, a few of our mission makers will be making missions that use your addons as well as WWIIEC so stay tuned for those.

lawrie5

« Reply #62 on: 02 May 2003, 06:43:28 »
I would say the demo is generally not bad, just like i said before when u generate so much hype well... the inevitable happens.

Never mind im interested in seeing what the full mod looks like, but i guess that will be some time given the time its taken so far, however its right that people should be more sensitive that these addons are made for free, the attitude of many on the comments page their was fairly unreasonable!

Frosty

« Reply #63 on: 02 May 2003, 08:35:40 »
Hey, there are pistol proxies. Well know the Colt M1911A1, P08 Luger, P38 Walter, Browning HP, S&W Victory Model and S&W MP that are in my Citizen Soldiers campaign will work. Tested the pistols, they work.

BTW the 101st AB, the Paras come with the textures already in the PBO so I did some changing around. Now the CitzenSoldiers will have 82nd A/B and 101st A/B

GCGoquingco

« Reply #64 on: 02 May 2003, 09:12:41 »
Hey frosty, how do you change the 82nd texture to 101st?

Frosty

« Reply #65 on: 02 May 2003, 09:43:36 »
Go into config.cpp, go to hiddenselections in the individual units. Change the hidden selection "101" to "82"

GCGoquingco

« Reply #66 on: 02 May 2003, 17:12:37 »
how do you do that? do you still need to un PBO the file? if so, which file is that?

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #67 on: 02 May 2003, 18:35:04 »
how do you do that? do you still need to un PBO the file? if so, which file is that?
inv_demo_data.pbo ;)

GCGoquingco

« Reply #68 on: 03 May 2003, 03:56:28 »
hey, could anyone please send me the file with the 101st texture please... i might do something wrong with the config and mess it up

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #69 on: 03 May 2003, 04:22:34 »
just make a copy of it first and than edit remember practise is good  ;D
I have not changed it sorry if I had it I had sended it to you m8 ;)
But I am very very busy now ::)

Frosty

« Reply #70 on: 03 May 2003, 05:05:55 »
Just replace the "101" part of the EventHandlers in each of the units of the Airborne to 82, that will change it. You dont need any textures.

GCGoquingco

« Reply #71 on: 03 May 2003, 08:42:20 »
ok, thanks guys.. i did it. But let's say i wanted 101st and 82nd airborne div. in my mission editor at the same time, how do you do that?

Frosty

« Reply #72 on: 03 May 2003, 08:53:26 »
OK, you need to copy the whole 82nd Airborne Section. Change the class name (where it says "class 82_AB") to class 101_AB and then change the displayname to what ever you want it to say.

Strangelove

« Reply #73 on: 08 May 2003, 00:09:34 »
Hey... has anyone knocked up a script to set up MGs yet? My earlier post explains how I'm doing this at the moment, but it would be groovy if a scripter bod could simplify this.  

headshot_snipe

« Reply #74 on: 14 May 2003, 21:37:10 »
er.... just a few suggestions:

-the panzers look a bit to desert like, but its still a great addon, were there any woodland cammo versions in real life?
-Halftrak and blitz truck, there are wierd numbers and signs on the front and back, i know they might have been like that in the past but it would be cool to take them off.
-fixed positioned machine guns, at night they have a very bad yellow light that shows up, it would be could to have it removed and have brighter tracers but fewer of them.
-er.... the bazooka is quite weak, it took me 19 rockets to make a stug (ww2ec) explode but with the paras of ww2ec it took me 3 rockets.

Anyways, your demo pack is brilliant, all those units, i haven't even looked at them all!! Really a great work put in to this demo pack, take your time for the final release!
 anyone wanna post some bugs or disapointment, please do, i just wanna know them to try them out, it might also help the invasion 44 team.

ca
« Last Edit: 14 May 2003, 21:41:13 by headshot_snipe »