Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: INVASION 1944 DEMO IS OUT; Link is here...  (Read 11337 times)

medic23

Re:INVASION 1944 DEMO IS OUT; Link is here...
« Reply #45 on: 28 Apr 2003, 23:32:03 »
what about the error im getting about weapon recoil.

do you have ANDS WW2 Mg42? if so delete it and you have to reinstall the game for it to go away it scuks

Strangelove

« Reply #46 on: 28 Apr 2003, 23:38:57 »
Personally, I can't think of a reason why I would arm a medic. I don't think this is the issue, the issue is that the choice has been taken away. Also an element of realism... for whether or not your medic starts with a gun, if he's cornered and has to fight he sure as hell is gonna pick one up. If the mod had an historical point to make here it would have been enough to take the weapon away from the default loadout... to take the slots as well is just physically inaccurate (as I said... medics, like the rest of the species, possess opposable digits  >:()

As far as the hanguns are concerned you make a valid point... the AI does stuff up in this regard. But, again, the decision to remove the slots as well as the weapon is unnecessary and arbitary... particularly as there are many situations where an officer might only have a sidearm.
Additionally, in multiplayer, we tend not to use the AI much, if at all.

I'm sure the motives behind both decisions have some grounding, but they have not been fully thought through, and seem to imply that mission makers are not to be trusted to make their own decisions about these things.    

And that makes me a sad Stranglove.  :'(

Again... I'm not knocking the demo as a whole... the rest of it is wonderful.
« Last Edit: 28 Apr 2003, 23:48:26 by Strangelove »

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #47 on: 28 Apr 2003, 23:52:16 »
just wish they would use a 3 letter tag and stick to it, i mean in the zip there are pbo's with no tag, with the INV tag and also with the i44 tag, choose one and put it on all of em!  please :D

SFG

« Reply #48 on: 29 Apr 2003, 00:43:39 »
As far as the hanguns are concerned you make a valid point...
This release was for 1.46 and 1.85 thus handguns cannot be in. (full mod will have them ofcourse)

Strangelove

« Reply #49 on: 29 Apr 2003, 00:54:56 »
But of course, how could it be otherwise :D

PFC_Mike

« Reply #50 on: 29 Apr 2003, 02:12:05 »
umm...all the stuff about why you didn't implement scripts or pistols because the demo was 1.85/1.46 seems kind of foolish since the full mod is 1.85

What's the point of making compromises for a partial version when you won't for the full version?

But other than the fact that it's stupid to disinclude stuff like that, awesome work.

SFG

« Reply #51 on: 29 Apr 2003, 04:48:23 »
umm...all the stuff about why you didn't implement scripts or pistols because the demo was 1.85/1.46 seems kind of foolish since the full mod is 1.85

What's the point of making compromises for a partial version when you won't for the full version?

But other than the fact that it's stupid to disinclude stuff like that, awesome work.
Yeah, I questioned that too. The verdict came .. alot of people have been wanting these addons for a long time who have 1.46.

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #52 on: 29 Apr 2003, 06:53:23 »
ok first off this this pack rules but i do have some bugs
the Springfield has a muzzle flash bug anyone else get this?
i tried fixing it but it still didnt work
and the medic without his weapon still walks round like hes holding one
i figure this is because he runs to slow without it but im just making sure
any help is apreciated

Frosty

« Reply #53 on: 29 Apr 2003, 08:17:29 »
With the medic issue, there was about one medic per platoon. He was normally in the HQ. The HQ was not involved in too much direct combat. The HQ LEAD the men into battle but was not too heavily engaged as they were required to command the men.

and desert_storm_dude WWIIEC have released shermans and so did the old WWII team (the wwii team had the best shermans in my opinion)

And hey, when a soldier isnt holding a gun he still runs at the same speed as anyone else. This was updated in 1.75. So I dont know why invasion44 did what they did, probably for looks.

And the fact there are no Pistol proxies pretty much sucks  :-\ so that means no pistols even if you edited the cpp! :'(

PLEASE CHANGE THAT INVASION44! I have colt, s&w victory, luger and walter pistols but they cant use them.

Offline jojimbo

• Members
  • I'm a BIG FAT LAZY llama!
« Reply #54 on: 30 Apr 2003, 13:45:51 »
And the fact there are no Pistol proxies pretty much sucks  :-\ so that means no pistols even if you edited the cpp! :'(

PLEASE CHANGE THAT INVASION44! I have colt, s&w victory, luger and walter pistols but they cant use them.

all the units have pistol proxies,they wont work in 1.46,so you will see an error.
but the units were made with 1.75+ in mind,so i made it so.
« Last Edit: 30 Apr 2003, 14:11:59 by jojimbo »

desert_storm_dude

« Reply #55 on: 30 Apr 2003, 16:50:13 »
 know those shermans, but i don't like the textures and a sherman can blow a INV44 Tiger so yeah inv. does need to come out with their shermans.

The_Dude

« Reply #56 on: 01 May 2003, 02:12:11 »
First off great demo, I love the para troopers and german units.

I can't tell if the Tiger is too weak or not (because the WWIIEC sherman is wayyyyy too strong) so I'll have to wait for the I44 sherman to come out.  

How does the armour modifier in the cpp for the Tiger work?

Offline Gogs

• Contributing Member
  • WWIIEC - Gracefully retired boss
« Reply #57 on: 01 May 2003, 15:32:02 »
The WWIIEC Shermans are going to be re-realised with the joint I44/WWIIEC Armour code, including a British version (With crew) a Firefly, and possibly a flame-tank. So it should all be fine from there. I did enjoy the demo. It has a few issues, but on the whole was very good. The Half-Tracks were an excellent and much needed addition to the WWII OFP community, even though they have a few bugs. The tigers were also excellent, particularly having multiple numbers on the turret. Again a few bugs. I think the basic problem is that any beta team you have is too small and not dedicated enough to finding EVERYTHING and then letting the addon makers nail them. What would be nice is a lengthy readme/tutorial explaining how to get some features working, such as the deployable MG's. Also a main menu video for your Island. I await the campaign with great anticipation.

Strangelove

« Reply #58 on: 01 May 2003, 15:47:21 »
British Sherman... Flame Tanks... if I were a woman I'd throw my knickers at you.  :o

Offline Gogs

• Contributing Member
  • WWIIEC - Gracefully retired boss
« Reply #59 on: 01 May 2003, 16:47:15 »
Hang on, I'll get your other undergarments too. The Cromwell IV, by Vibes and Hugo the Clown is coming out with the Brit pack, and it is truly outstanding. Also done up to match the I'44 Armour code.