Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Idea for Voice Actor problem  (Read 1455 times)

Silverfoot

Idea for Voice Actor problem
« on: 25 Apr 2003, 14:59:18 »
Hi,
  I've got an idea to solve the problem with the lack of voice over artists available....

We all need voices in our missions and none of us can do this ourselves, so why not have an area in the Training Depot where people can 'trade' voice overs!  IE.  You post a request for a v/o and people who also need v/o's reply.  At which time the parties involved trade scripts and after a few days trade .wavs/.ogg/.mp3  ;D

What do you think?   I know this relies on trust to work, but I would like to think most people are honourable enough in this community  ;)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Idea for Voice Actor problem
« Reply #1 on: 25 Apr 2003, 16:34:47 »
It's perfectly clear that currently there is no perfect system for finding voice actors.     As far as I know it has not been discussed but it is a perfectly reasonable suggestion that OFPEC and the Training Depot could do more in this area.

Whether or not it will happen is of course something else entirely.   What I can tell you is that our first priorities at the moment are the Mission and Addon Depots.     Until these are working as we would all like them to be it is unlikely that there will be any major changes to the Training Depot.   However, this is the sort of thing that is likely to be considered when it is the TD's turn for a refit.

Many thanks for the idea, Silverfoot.  If you have any more we'd be happy to have them.

In the mean time, there's a whole bunch of Pending missions in the Ed Depot that can now be downloaded, played and commented on (constuctively of course  ;))

Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Silverfoot

« Reply #2 on: 25 Apr 2003, 18:45:34 »
WoW, what a polite and daintily said reply....macguba, do you work in customer services or something   ;D

I understand you godda prioritise and thanks for the quick reply. :)

Bremmer

« Reply #3 on: 25 Apr 2003, 18:47:29 »
Getting voice actors is an ongoing problem for most mission makers, yet I really think that OFPEC has the solution at its finger tips - it has over 6000 members. Why not create a database of users who would be willing to do voice acting for other members of the community. People should be free to register or delete their names from the database as they see fit. Perhaps it should include what accent they have, languages they speak etc. This would make the initial contact between those in need and those willing to help so much easier.

Even if only 1% of the community signs up that is still a whole better than we have right now. You can even make my name first on the list - surely someone must want their soldiers to have a broad Aberdonian accent ;)

Silverfoot

« Reply #4 on: 25 Apr 2003, 19:15:57 »
...Put mine on second...(if/when you get time  ;D)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #5 on: 25 Apr 2003, 20:01:06 »
put me 3rd - if ny1 needs arabic voice ;D (or hebrew ;D)
LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Captain Winters

« Reply #6 on: 25 Apr 2003, 21:15:57 »
Slap mine right next to LCD's, Bremmer's, and Silverfoot. Sounds good!

Tanks!  8)