Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: new hmmwvs  (Read 4786 times)

LimeCordial

new hmmwvs
« on: 01 Sep 2002, 17:13:23 »
anyone else have problem with the new hmmwvs that have th guns whereby they keep 'bouncing'? this is so annoying. >:(

CobraSquad

Re:new hmmwvs
« Reply #1 on: 01 Sep 2002, 17:54:28 »
yeh i have the same problem

have u seen scorpio's ch-53 it looks so kool

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #2 on: 01 Sep 2002, 20:10:15 »
Yeah, I have that problem too :( >:(, they looked good in the screens, but the models lack interior detail, and the bouncing is bloody annoying - PLEASE sort it Quakergamer - I was soooo looking forward to this addon.

LimeCordial

« Reply #3 on: 01 Sep 2002, 21:31:14 »
i emailed him about it and he just said that other cars do that too.  ::)  :-\  ???

he also said he was happy with the collision detection.....and i guess you know what i mean by that.....?

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #4 on: 01 Sep 2002, 21:37:03 »
That sucks  :(, looks like we'll have to wait for other people to release their HMMVW's for any decent collision models.

LimeCordial

« Reply #5 on: 01 Sep 2002, 21:39:55 »
yeah. basically it is a rushed addon, you can tell by:

missing textures on TOW launcher (he even acknowledges this)
crappy collision detection (you can drive and walk straight through them)
annoying "bouncing" (other cars dont do this)

imemyself

« Reply #6 on: 01 Sep 2002, 22:02:06 »
i emailed him about it and he just said that other cars do that too.      

he also said he was happy with the collision detection.....and i guess you know what i mean by that.....?
:'( >:( :(
That stinks
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2002, 22:02:56 by imemyself »

STEELE

« Reply #7 on: 01 Sep 2002, 22:30:42 »
I was really disapointed by the fact that the guns cant b used, I toyed around with this for awhile and could not work out how to use them.
 Whats the point of having armed hummers if u can use the weapons! ::)

LimeCordial

« Reply #8 on: 01 Sep 2002, 22:32:55 »
ah yeah, i initally had this problem. if you are running v1.75 put them into the ofp\addons directory, not ofp\res\addons.

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 02 Sep 2002, 00:23:29 »
the only prob i have is the fact they have no windows and the driver can be shot, no wwe all know hummers r bullet proof, as for the missing textures surely these r only beta, right? the collision things is no problem for me and i get none of this bounce, i can use the guns aswell,k the tow dont fire like a tow, the textures are not all that good, which is why i thought it was a beta, oh well if not ill delete it and wait for the next ones to come along

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #10 on: 02 Sep 2002, 00:24:35 »
oh and btw i have the pbo in my res addons folder  ;)

johnnylump

« Reply #11 on: 02 Sep 2002, 06:52:14 »
To start off, 'bout time. Great somebody finally got an armed Hummer put together. But I found another potential issue -- curious if anybody else had it ... I put the armed hummers in a mission with one of the BIS original-game unarmed Hummers, and the game seemed to think the unarmed hummers had a .50 cal MG and extra crewman (you could fire it, but it wasn't visible). I alerted the author to this.

Offline Intruder

• Members
  • I wanted to be a milkman...
    • OPFlashpoint.org
« Reply #12 on: 02 Sep 2002, 11:20:54 »
I don't have the bouncing bug, but I did at first have the no gunner position with V1.75, but quakergamer fixed this and updated the download, now it works.

As for no windows, I can't see them very well, the Alpha channel textures could be more realistic, but I tried shooting the driver, but the bullets didn't go through the window, so I assume they're there.

I think the TOW can't fire a projectile weapon because of the class as a jeep, to make it behave like a jeep. I think cars can only have tracer equiped weapons on them. To have a projectile (fires an actual model) it needs to be in the armoured class for a vehicle.
PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER

NoRSu

« Reply #13 on: 02 Sep 2002, 15:56:17 »
Intruder is right, you can't make a proper TOW for HMMWV unless its classed as APC/tank. Though classing it as an APC/tank wheels won't turn :-\.

LimeCordial

« Reply #14 on: 02 Sep 2002, 16:27:23 »
yeah i knew that. kevbaz, you say about it only being a beta and thus explains the missing textures, why not just wait until someone can do it? the rest of it is done. oh and you people without the bouncing bug are lucky.

Offline madmedic

• Members
  • You can run.....But you'll just die tired.
« Reply #15 on: 02 Sep 2002, 16:34:51 »
Lime,...I saw a post somewhere that said these hummers bounce if the time is accelerated on your mission

LimeCordial

« Reply #16 on: 02 Sep 2002, 16:37:28 »
probably, but they bounce anyway, no time acceleration needed.

ZIKAN

« Reply #17 on: 02 Sep 2002, 21:53:25 »
Yeah it does seem to be a beta add on, and there are many problems. But its a step in the right direction , right?
 Lets not knock a guy for trying even if it is a disapointing result, after all this add on has been in demand for ages by many many people.

LimeCordial

« Reply #18 on: 02 Sep 2002, 21:54:51 »
quakergamer emailed me and said that he has released an updated version. sure enough, the bouncing bug is now fixed and the TOW launcher is textured. now much better that it works properly.

V1.75:
http://www.roughnecks.org/desertmod/qkg_humr175.ZIP

v1.46:
http://www.roughnecks.org/desertmod/qkg_humr146.ZIP

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #19 on: 03 Sep 2002, 16:32:24 »
YYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At last, a decent, useable version!!!!!!

Thankyou Quaker, you are one of the good guys!

The Edge

« Reply #20 on: 04 Sep 2002, 17:01:16 »
and the driver can be shot, no wwe all know hummers r bullet proof
I just want to point out that that is complete bollox.

It's not "bullet proof", it's bullet "resistant". And yes, drivers CAN be shot in those things -- just like the passengers can.

Put enough bullets into it....

Skaven

« Reply #21 on: 04 Sep 2002, 20:27:34 »
 ??? bollox  ???
I don't think that is an apropriate kind of language to have in this forum, in here we are a family, we help and we get helped, it's obvious that it's impossible for people to know everything and that kind of language just doesn't help, please be more carefull in the future posts  The Edge, specially to avoid me to be locking threads ;)

Schoeler

« Reply #22 on: 04 Sep 2002, 22:45:18 »
Sorry, slightly off topic, but Skaven I gues it is a matter of culture.  For Americans that word is not in our vernacular and isn't considered offensive, though I do agree with your perspective on maintaining cordial relations. 8)

Offline Wolfsbane

• Former Staff
  • Rubber Duckie! Mah rubber duckie!!
    • OFP Editing Center
« Reply #23 on: 04 Sep 2002, 23:14:18 »
Perhaps it isn't, but tact is more appropriate in here.

This thread has had a complaint put against it.

If you feel someones information is inaccurate, please rectify their information constructively, and not via methods which could be construed as abusive or insulting.

Or the thread will simply be locked.

Thanks.
The greatest days, with the greatest people.. OFPEC.. The friends are never forgot.