Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: How to make Mission Wizard Templates?  (Read 1773 times)

Bad Maniac

How to make Mission Wizard Templates?
« on: 21 Apr 2003, 01:32:27 »
I downloaded Jungle Malden and Jungle Everon, to make some fun Co-Op Jungle warfare mission. But I'd like to have the mission wizard working for these two maps. How could I add my own templates to the now empty mission wizard for those third party maps?

Commando

Re:How to make Mission Wizard Templates?
« Reply #1 on: 21 Apr 2003, 13:06:59 »
Thats piece a cake like the english people would say  :)
First start up ofp and then go to multiplayer, create a Lan server and choose Desert Island then choose the mission wizard and then choose co-op mission and name the mission to something.
Next step will be to press continue or ok and then choose a soldier and press start! Now you will play the mission for a short while then get out from ofp and go to windows and to c:\program files\codemasters\operation flashpoint\users\mpmissions\
when you are in that folder copy or cut out your coop mission.intro folder and then go to c:\program files\operation flashpoint\users\missions\ and then copy it there. Now start up ofp and go to the mission editor and start up jungle everon and then place a soldier that is player and then save the mission like my coop or whatever you want your coop mission to be named.
then press the merge button and in island choose desert island where the "template file" should be. now press ok and save again.
now exit ofp again and then go to c:\program files\operation flashpoint\users\missions\ and go inside the coop.intro folder and copy all the files from there but not the mission.sqm file. then put the files into your jungle everon missions folder. now fire up ofp and load the jungle everon coop mission and you can edit the soldiers and stuff. then save it to multipplayer and its ready to be played. :D

Bad Maniac

Re:How to make Mission Wizard Templates?
« Reply #2 on: 21 Apr 2003, 13:46:56 »
DAMN! :hmm:
thatwasaboutthreeethousandstepsallinonesentencecompletelyunreadable!

I'll try to untangle that and make a bullet list of it. :thumbsup:

Offline Cpt_Henk

• Members
Re: How to make Mission Wizard Templates?
« Reply #3 on: 07 May 2019, 09:34:32 »
Hi there,

I know it's a rather long time ago that this topic was posted, but i am playing ofp again since a long time. I have played the game a lot in the past and I liked it a lot.

So, I downloaded some mods/add-ons like BWMOD, WW2 MOD and some others and I am playing around a bit with the game. I also downloaded the map Ivtiliac and I would really like to play it in Capture the Flag with a friend of my. However the wizard does not include Capture the Flag or any other game play mode for Ivtiliac.

I have tried to fix it by going through your explanation by starting in desert island via MP LAN and then later Mission editor Ivtiliac and merging et cetera, but it does not work for me. I have tried it several times. I end up with a multiplayer mission where you can only select one soldier as a player and the whole script for capturing the flag et cetera does not work at all.

I don't know if you are still on this forum, or someone else is, but I really hope I can fix it, because I would love to play the Ivtiliac map in CTF MP.

Kind regards,