Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Fire dispersion script for AI  (Read 10212 times)

GeneralCoder

Fire dispersion script for AI
« on: 14 Apr 2003, 17:38:23 »
Hi I made a script wich makes AI(super AI) less accurate.
(I just hate when they shoot me from 200meters whit one shot)
Heres the example mission below if you are intrested.

And I know some made allready this but... well you can decide wich one's better to use Im not saying anything.
« Last Edit: 15 Apr 2003, 20:28:00 by GeneralCoder »

Yahoo

Re:Fire dispersion script for AI
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2003, 18:21:02 »
Wow  :o :o :o this script kicks a**se precisly what i have been waiting for thank you thank you thank you plus i couldn't detect any errors

;D 8) ;D ;)

GeneralCoder

« Reply #2 on: 15 Apr 2003, 11:54:51 »
Wow  :o :o :o this script kicks a**se precisly what i have been waiting for thank you thank you thank you plus i couldn't detect any errors

;D 8) ;D ;)

Nice to hear that I did't do it for nothing  :)

But theres one thing you should know. Becose I just noticed that if you but this script to a machinegunner (the mounted mgs) the accuracy doesn't decrease much becose the mg's bullet is too fast or shometing. I gotta look for this if there's anything to do.

Yahoo

« Reply #3 on: 15 Apr 2003, 16:15:41 »
Yeah i know i meant to mention that but too exicted plus could you change it so that hand held rocket launchers+grenade launcher are not affected or affected as severily

GeneralCoder

« Reply #4 on: 15 Apr 2003, 20:24:16 »
Yeah i know i meant to mention that but too exicted plus could you change it so that hand held rocket launchers+grenade launcher are not affected or affected as severily

Ok now the launchers are more accurate becose dispersion is counted from their speed. But tell if u need them to be even more accurate.
And about that problem what I meantioned earlier.. I dont think there's nothing to do about it, but I think it's good as it is becose other wise the game would become too easy.

I updated the attachment.

Yahoo

« Reply #5 on: 15 Apr 2003, 20:34:37 »
Ok now the launchers are more accurate becose dispersion is counted from their speed. But tell if u need them to be even more accurate.

just a 30% increase needed then they should be fine  

plus could you do it so that the taqnks aren't affected as badly cos they can hardly hit anything with any of there guns and especially there machinegun
« Last Edit: 18 Apr 2003, 14:43:54 by Yahoo »

Yahoo

« Reply #6 on: 18 Apr 2003, 14:44:04 »
BUMP

GeneralCoder

« Reply #7 on: 18 Apr 2003, 23:07:54 »
just a 30% increase needed then they should be fine  

plus could you do it so that the taqnks aren't affected as badly cos they can hardly hit anything with any of there guns and especially there machinegun

I though it was good that they wont hit that much.  :)
Ok I see what I can do but I cant get hold of the code right now so you have to wait a couple days.

Yahoo

« Reply #8 on: 19 Apr 2003, 11:29:18 »
No sorry about that i meant there machine gun

and i would make all these changes my self but i am a scripting n00b

GeneralCoder

« Reply #9 on: 26 Apr 2003, 19:07:44 »
No sorry about that i meant there machine gun

and i would make all these changes my self but i am a scripting n00b
Sorry for late reply but I've been busy. Is this script what I attached ok? It works for me. :)

Yahoo

« Reply #10 on: 26 Apr 2003, 19:22:07 »
Yep it works fine  8) want my advice then submit it as  to the Editors Depot ;)

« Last Edit: 26 Apr 2003, 19:22:23 by Yahoo »

O Neil

« Reply #11 on: 29 May 2003, 00:18:51 »
Hey, just thought i'd but in and say that this script RULES !

O Neil ;)

Yahoo

« Reply #12 on: 29 May 2003, 00:31:45 »
I think it is better then the athoer one that is/was in development using setpos

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #13 on: 16 Jul 2003, 22:06:10 »
Funny, I was working on yet another script like this. Only mine will be much better when it's finished  :P

Just thought I'd mention that there is a command that will find the speed of an object, without manually finding the magnitude of the velocity vector. Its the: speed object command.

Just thought I'd point that out. I figure it might make the script run just an eency weency bit faster, which might make a difference if you have a couple hundred units all firing off their weapons at the same time.
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!

GeneralCoder

« Reply #14 on: 21 Jul 2003, 21:20:51 »
Funny, I was working on yet another script like this. Only mine will be much better when it's finished  :P

I really hope so becose this doesn't please me much. The setvelocity part executes too late probably becose Nearestobject is so slow... so do you have any idea to solve that?