Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Selfmade objects contra Demo objects  (Read 2688 times)

Hadrian-21VB

Selfmade objects contra Demo objects
« on: 14 Apr 2003, 13:26:35 »
Could'nt find a solution on this anywhere.
If its allready there, I'm sorry to disturb you on this matter.

Solution needed:
When I try to put a homemade addon on the map with WRP-edit.
 It probts me whith a text, telling me that its a demo object and it aint supportet.
Thereafter the object isent there in the preview, neither when I test it ingame.

Any help will be apreciated.

taasinge

Re:Selfmade objects contra Demo objects
« Reply #1 on: 14 Apr 2003, 14:21:24 »
Hey Hadrian.

Im using selfmade addons/textures etc. and i put them all in a .pbo file in the addons folder. I had some probs in the start but found out they were related to the .cpp script. IÂ'm sorry to say that IÂ've never seen the message about demo files yet.

The next few lines will be in danish sorry folks!

Jones her og hejsa. Hvad er det for en fil/addon du vil bruge på øen, er det textures eller objecter? Jeg bruger bygninger samt textures der er self made (af dygtige OFP folk ikke mig he he) og har smidt dem alle i en pbo fil der hedder taasinge_addons.pbo, dette virker fint for mig sålænge .cpp filen er skrevet korrekt. Du kan eventuelt fange mig på ICQ, her i dette forum, prvt message, eller i 21VB forum. Masser af muligheder :) Du kan eventuelt også sende mig din Ø + filer der er bøvl med, så kan jeg kigge på det.

------------------

Sorry about the danish language, but its alot faster for me to write in my native language.

Hadrian-21VB

« Reply #2 on: 14 Apr 2003, 15:05:36 »
Allright thanks.
I'll look further into it and see what I can find.

CAT_SHIT_ONE_MM

« Reply #3 on: 14 Apr 2003, 16:05:27 »
Actually Hadrian are those objects custom model?  If so you gotta binarize the model then place it in the wrp editor.  Because the oxygen models are in MLOD which is only recognized as a demo model in the OFP (the MLOD format was used in the demo version of the game so maybe that's why.)

On questions on how to binarize the stuff, Send me a PM.

Hadrian-21VB

« Reply #4 on: 16 Apr 2003, 08:49:22 »
Oooh there was the answer, thanks a lot  :D

I'll will perhaps send you a PM, when I have found out exactly witch object I'll need... allright ?

Another smaal Q, I would like to know, is about securing that everyone can play on my world, ie. can I place the binarized .pbo's inside the [world].pbo to do that ?
or should I place all the .pbo's in my upcoming .zip file ?
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2003, 08:50:41 by Hadrian-21VB »

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #5 on: 16 Apr 2003, 08:58:29 »
as far as I know you cant binareze a pbo file only p3d models  ;)

Jones-21VB

« Reply #6 on: 16 Apr 2003, 09:10:39 »
Thats right... no binarizing.

I tried to binarize the objects on my island but, no can do!

Hadrian-21VB

« Reply #7 on: 16 Apr 2003, 13:45:12 »
allright, but afterwards I should put the p3d models in an object .pbo right ?
And, will it then work to put the [object].pbo into the [world].pbo ?

It would be nice to have only the [world].pbo and not a hole range of custom .pbo's to publish.

Jones-21VB

« Reply #8 on: 16 Apr 2003, 14:08:52 »
U can put all your .p3d files in the world.pbo its no prob, as long as u write the .cpp script correctly, since u can only have one config.cpp pr. .pbo file :)

U can take a look at sarugo or afghanistan, they put all files in 1 .pbo so peek into the cpp script on 1 of thoose islands, and it might give u an idea how to.

Jones Out!

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #9 on: 17 Apr 2003, 18:51:45 »
Thats right... no binarizing.

I tried to binarize the objects on my island but, no can do!

Umm, Binarize IS a way to get the objects into your island....that's why BIS released Binerize...so ppl could get their objects into their island...But yes, it is difficult to get it to work...but then again...I have only tried it once...

Garcia

Kaliyuga

« Reply #10 on: 18 Apr 2003, 07:45:09 »
 Binarized objects work just fine for me on my island as well ;)

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #11 on: 18 Apr 2003, 10:55:00 »
Ok, binerizing...the way I think you have to do it...not sure ::) :P ;D

If you got a building you want to get into you island...first DL a tool called BinerizeIT(i think that was the name)...it makes it a lot easier to use the tool. Then you decompress the pbo, binerize the p3d that is in the folder, then compress it again. Then, you place it in the addons folder, open WRPEdit, and then, the thing I didn't do that I think is the reason I failed...U have to add the pbo again...and then choose the pbo you added...I think it was something that it can't have a / behind it...

anyway, Binerize is good for another thing to...if u don't want ppl to edit you addons, then binerize them, cause then no one can open them in O2 :P ::) ;D

Garcia

Hadrian-21VB

« Reply #12 on: 19 Apr 2003, 09:47:50 »
Allright, thanks for all the nice response on this topic.

To bad, the open comunity as in the good old BETA days, is hoing down the drain with Binarize thingy.  :'(

Jones-21VB

« Reply #13 on: 19 Apr 2003, 11:26:53 »
Yeah my words exactly!

Thats why i never binarize, ppl may steal if they want to, I cant stop em, and BTW, its only tha lamerz that steal because they cant make stuff themself. Real addon makers do it the right way :)

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #14 on: 19 Apr 2003, 14:58:03 »
There are more important reasons for binarizing, and stopping people from stealing your work is not at the top of the list.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.