Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: An editorupdate question  (Read 344 times)

Pakman

An editorupdate question
« on: 09 Apr 2003, 06:29:55 »
I've been making a mission in which a made a base using camo netting 2 WEST.  Now I thought that all the editorupdate did was allow access within the mission editor to items already in the BIS data files. If this was the case surely my friend wouldn't recieve a "missing addon editorupdate" message?  

I know it is possible to use this camo netting without the error message (ie not using the addon) since he and I have played missions on a dedicated server which had camo netting placed in it.

I tried editing the mission.sqs file myself (to remove the editorupgrade references) and that allows him to join and the mission to run however it reports a different error message at the briefing screen.

Where am I going wrong? Is there another camo netting i should be placing? Or should I be replacing the name of the netting in the mission.sqs?

_hammy_

Re:An editorupdate question
« Reply #1 on: 09 Apr 2003, 06:34:08 »
if your using gunslingers editor update, it adds the objects as a addon, not unlocking them.

If you use kegytes's(sp?) editorupdate, i believe it unlocks them without adding them as a addon, you should find kegytes's editor objects in the editors depot.

Pakman

Re:An editorupdate question
« Reply #2 on: 09 Apr 2003, 07:01:48 »
I'm using KegetysEditorAddon.zip (editorupdate102.pbo) and its still requesting the addon.  If I remove the references in the addon section the mission plays but I get an error

No entry 'config.bin/Cfg.Vehicles.GAA233
and the netting is missing, which I assume is what happens when you take out an addon.

I know I could fix it by just removing the netting but it looks nice!