Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Chemical Warfare (BAS D/R)  (Read 28389 times)

asmodeus

Re:Chemical Warfare (BAS Desert Delta/Ranger) SP
« Reply #75 on: 05 May 2003, 07:30:00 »
@ LCD

I tried the group status code and I got an error:

unknown operator: is

Here's how I tried to exec it in the trigger:

[puma,6,This is Puma squad we've lost 2 of our men.  Proceeding to objective.  Out.,4,This is Puma squad we're taking heavy casualties half of our squad is gone but we are going to continue.  Out.] exec grpstatus.sqs

I named the code grpstatus.sqs and the group is puma and it gave me that error... Also... How do I put commas in the radio text with this kind of execution?  (This is Puma squad, we've lost 2 of our men.)  Is that supposed to be able to work?

Let me know what you think!  (and if I'm just doing it wrong or what..)   ::)

Thanks!   8)

Asmo

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #76 on: 05 May 2003, 14:18:15 »
u need 2 put da texts between "" ;)

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

asmodeus

« Reply #77 on: 18 May 2003, 08:17:33 »
Hello everyone!

I'm back!  And thanks to LCD's help, I've got the group status script working!   :o   ;D

So... Here's V1.3!!!

Changes/fixes:

• Puma tells you when they lose 2, 4, and 6 guys.
  • You can now move Puma squad with an onmapsingleclick command!  Thanks LCD for helping me with this!  (the command is on your radio after Puma gets in the base)   ;)
  • Puma squad tells you about their position more and what they are doing.
  • Briefing-Intel page has a description of both teams and the weapons they have
  • There's a red flare now   ;)
  • There's GPS now  (thanks LCD for those)
  • Eagles Nest (it's got a space now LCD)   ;)  
  • Cleaned up markers (thanks Avon)  
  • Other stuff I forgot about  

You can find it at:

http://www.everoncartel.com/CW1_3.zip  (3.9 MB)

I'm also thinking about adding the OFPEC Blood script when it's completed..  It all depends on the timing of things.   ;)

I think this should be the final version, unless you great beta testers find anything else!   :)

Thanks for all of the feedback so far!     ;D

Have fun!  :beat:

Asmo

P.S.  About the documents..  Here's a hint.  The Officer is usually with a group of guys that he assembles when you assault the base...  Pretty much most of the guys in the base during the initial assualt...   ;)  (does that help?)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #78 on: 22 May 2003, 15:31:41 »
i finaly got som time 2 test it nd i got som erors 4 u ;)

1) wen da officer die - his face change vack 2 reg face - meens it wont help us fin him unless we see his face b4 he is dead :P
2) da callin dead team mebers nams script have hint in it - delete it ;)
3) da same script : u need 2 activate it on da members dat join da squad latear (in FUP) - just exec it in deir leader also ;)
4) dere is error wen i try 2 move puma squad - it comes cuz u used move as var name - while move is also a command :P - change da var name ;)
5) i got da msg - its taking too long (i was on quick in n out run ;D) wen i was already near evac point - change it so da msg only apears wen da man is in base ;D

LCD OUT

p.s - i didnt watch da intro ;D - but u beter have dere thanks 4 LCD (da reason is da scripts i gave u)  :P  ;)
« Last Edit: 22 May 2003, 15:32:35 by LCD »

asmodeus

« Reply #79 on: 23 May 2003, 00:18:37 »
Whoa!     :o

Thanks for the feedback LCD!   :)   :D  

I knew it, as soon as I typed the words "final version" all kinds of probs would come up!  ::)   lol

1.  WTF?  Weird...  I'll try detecting when he dies and setface again?

2.  A hint?  I'll check it out.

3.  Didn't know that..  Thanks!

4.  lol  NP to change that.  Thanks for the info there!

5.  I did do that..  If you are about 150-200 M away from the base you aren't supposed to get that message.  (someone else brought this up earlier in this thread)  I'll have another look at the way it's set up.   ;)

About the intro.. I'm glad you didn't watch it then.   ::)  I'll put that in there next version though.   ;D

I'm also going to use the OFPEC blood addon as long as it doesn't lag too much for everyone.  (will probably lower the amount of blood and the duration and such)  

Thanks again LCD!  ;D

Asmo

« Last Edit: 23 May 2003, 00:20:14 by Asmodeus »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #80 on: 23 May 2003, 01:26:47 »
bout da blood thingy - can u benchmark it 4 only v high benchmarks (more dan 2500) cuz it start lagin on my comp wen i use 2 meny eventhandlers nd i retry  :-X

LCD OUT

asmodeus

« Reply #81 on: 23 May 2003, 12:14:33 »
@ LCD

Thanks for your help!

@ Everyone

About the blood addon, I have chosen not to implement it for this version due to technical difficulties. (I'm finding out what snYpir has to say)  

I've decided to release this fixed version quickly because I want to get this mission completed soon if possible.    

So... Here's V1.4!!

Changes/fixes:

• Readme now included
  • Waypoint disabled for those that play on Veteran (only problem is that you can still see it while riding a vehicle.. as soon as you get off of the bike it will be gone)
  • Removed hint from script and added it to squad that joins you
  • Fixed "move puma" command
  • Changed intro to include thanks to LCD for his great help  (thanks man)
  • Added hint when officer dies but you only see it if you play in cadetmode  (found out that you can't setface the officer when he dies, because it's using a blood texture or something::))
I checked the "taking too long" message and it looks fine to me..  I have a variable that turns false as soon as you exit the area around the base.  So I dunno what the problem is...

You can get V1.4 at:

http://www.everoncartel.com/CW1_4.zip  (3.9 MB)

Thanks!

Asmo

Poet

« Reply #82 on: 24 May 2003, 11:01:35 »
Hi Asmodeus.

On loading the new version, the Intro won't play, I get a "Missing Addon DKM_Mod" - not sure what this is, I've got the Commanche installed, so its not that.

On Mission load I get a "Missing Addon Groups" as well, but the mission still plays fine.

No other errors, though I've not been able to complete this version yet.

Oh, and are you going to use the new version of the Industrial Pack ( v2.1 )?  Looks very nice.

Great stuff though!

asmodeus

« Reply #83 on: 24 May 2003, 12:51:26 »
 :o

Crap!  And I double checked the mission.sqm!!  (guess not good enough)   ::)  

I didn't use a dkm mod addon.. That's very strange.  I know how to fix it though.  (I think)   ::)   ;)

These probs mean you'll probably have trouble seeing either outro as well.   :-\

Also, I have checked out the new Indurstrial Pack!  Very cool!   ;)  It'll be added to this mission.  (I noticed today that since it's named the same it will still work with this version of the mission)   ;)

THanks again and I'd be interested to see if others get the addon errors...   Next version should have that fixed.   ::)

Asmo

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #84 on: 24 May 2003, 13:35:39 »
i would have tested it - but dere r probs w/ my comp  >:(  :-X

but i know wats da prob w/ da DKM_MOD i think ;) - if asmo cant find ny DKM_mod in his .sqm try removin da addon from ur addons folder ;)

LCD OUT

Poet

« Reply #85 on: 24 May 2003, 17:45:33 »
 :-\  Removed the Commanche from the Addons folder and the intro ran fine ( except the Chinook crashing again :(  ).
That suxors tho, cause I keep all my modern addons in the same mod folder...
Still got the "Missing Addon Groups" on Mission load as well.

Didn't notice any problems using the new Ind pack either.

The Avon Lady

« Reply #86 on: 24 May 2003, 22:48:03 »
:-\  Removed the Commanche from the Addons folder and the intro ran fine ( except the Chinook crashing again :(  ).
That suxors tho, cause I keep all my modern addons in the same mod folder...
Still got the "Missing Addon Groups" on Mission load as well.

Didn't notice any problems using the new Ind pack either.
This is a bung with the Comanche Addon, I believe. It interferes with other addons either at mission play time or by forcing the editor to add DKM_MOD into the mission.sqm file.

Been reported already a long time ago by yours truly on the BIS forums.

asmodeus

« Reply #87 on: 25 May 2003, 00:02:47 »
ahhh!!

That makes sense!

@ LCD

THat sux about your comp!  What's wrong with it?  

Thanks for the info!

@ Poet

Thanks for trying that again!  Those darn chinooks!!!    >:(  I think I might just have to re-do the whole intro with the Mh-47E...  

I think the "missing addon groups" error can be fixed.. It's just that all of the addon requirments probably aren't exactly the same.  I went through them but it's easy to miss one here or there.   ;)

That's cool that the new ind pack worked good!  I was watching the outro yesterday and it looks a lot cooler with the fire effects in the new pack!   ;D

@ Avon Lady

Thanks for the info!  I think I remember seeing that thread that you posted on a while back.  I just didn't know it caused this kind of thing to happen!   :o

So...  If I take out the commanche while I'm fixing this mission it should prevent that problem?  Or does it only work if the person playing the mission removes it from their addons folder?

Thanks again everyone for the help!   ;D

Asmo

The Avon Lady

« Reply #88 on: 25 May 2003, 06:43:45 »
So...  If I take out the commanche while I'm fixing this mission it should prevent that problem?
Usually. Just check your mission.sqm file after saving as a User Mission for "dkm_mod". If it's in there in one of the AddOns declarations sections, you can manually edit mission.sqm and delete the statement. Then save as a SP mission and you're set.

asmodeus

« Reply #89 on: 25 May 2003, 14:15:33 »
lol

THanks.

I always check the mission.sqm and I know there is no DKM in there.   ;)    I'm hoping removing it from my addons folder will fix this mysterious problem.   ;)  

Thanks!   ;D

Asmo