Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Some Questions....  (Read 750 times)

Ness

Some Questions....
« on: 31 Mar 2003, 01:37:34 »
I have a few quick questions

1. How do I get a fire to be "on" at the beginning of a night mission?

2. I have Info Age set for Actual for the player, and 5 mins for everyone else(testing the map right now) however, nothing appears on the map. Is this just because I'm still "previewing" it?

3. Images for the "Overview" How is this done?

I think I can figure out the rest of my little problems that I have, but these three are eluding me. Most tutorials don't mention solutions.
« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2003, 03:25:57 by Ness »

Offline OFPWiZard

• Members
Re:Some Questions....
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2003, 03:41:21 »
Hello

Have you search the OFPEC site for Making Fires Light?  Pictures in Overview?  And whatever you are talking about in #2... i don't get what you mean in #2.

heres one thing:  name the fire f1 and put this in the Initilization Field:  this inFlame true

The rest about the picture in the overview is in the site... need to make a script and have the picture in the mission folder, just search for it here: http://www.ofpec.com/editors/browse.php?searchopts=1

or the FAQ

Bye

Ness

« Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2003, 05:28:25 »
I didn't see anything exact.

Thanks for the help.

As for #2, I solved that one myself.

Offline OFPWiZard

• Members
« Reply #3 on: 31 Mar 2003, 05:32:38 »

Ness

« Reply #4 on: 31 Mar 2003, 05:37:18 »
http://www.ofpec.com/includes/download2.php?id=248

That's what I'm using, so it's not that I'm not looking, but I didn't ask the right question.

Offline OFPWiZard

• Members
« Reply #5 on: 31 Mar 2003, 05:41:53 »
So you are all set then?

Ness

« Reply #6 on: 31 Mar 2003, 05:42:26 »
I'd like to think so.

I've got to have SOMETHING messed up.

Gimmie one sec and I"ll write down the specifics of what's wrong.

EDIT

I'm going to call it a night, I'm having a few more problems with the actual mission as well as a simple pic.

I'm putting it down to inexperience though.
« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2003, 06:30:15 by Ness »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #7 on: 31 Mar 2003, 10:58:05 »
Welcome to the forums, Ness.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Ness

« Reply #8 on: 01 Apr 2003, 02:01:30 »
Ummm...thanks?

heh.

Well I'm scrapping the entire mission and starting from scratch. I think I did too much without testing enough so, yeah.

My big beef is getting that overview pic to work. Everytime I click on my mission, I get some sort of message aobut it, not really an error, just a box with the directory of where the pic should be.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #9 on: 01 Apr 2003, 11:16:11 »
Time to bring out the old Tutorial Mission again.     There is an Overview pic in there that you can borrow temporarily ... .see if you can get your Overview to work with that pic.    If you can, then you know that the problem is the pic itself.   If you can't, then you know that the problem is in the coding of the Overview file.

Keep trying - Overview pic is one of the hardest things in OFP IMHO.  You'll get there. :)

Ness

« Reply #10 on: 02 Apr 2003, 03:09:20 »
Well if it is the hardest thing I don't feel so bad then :)

I am reading the tuts AS I do this, maybe not the best way but hey, it's like reading a manual BEFORE playing a game, it doesn't work :)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #11 on: 02 Apr 2003, 11:55:22 »
lol I know exactly what you mean. ;)   The problem with making your first mission is that there is so much learn, and its all inter-related.      I found a useful technique was to d/l a random tutorial from time to time and just skim read it.     It gives you an insight into the possible, and when you run up against a problem it gives you a chance of saying, hang on, didn't I read a tute abou that?

So, design a bit, read a bit, design a bit, dig through OFPEC to solve a particular problem, design a bit, read a bit etc etc.   You've got to mix it up.

Everything you need to know for a decent basic mission (except choppers  ;D ) is in the Tutorial Mission, so it really is worth getting to know it.   Play it in the Editor a couple of times ... did you know that when you are playing in the Editor, you can exit the game back to the Editor Map, have a look around, even change things, and then go back into your game just where you left off by pressing Continue?      The changes don't take effect till you hit save or preview.    Means you can be playing through the mission, think "I wonder how he did that?", go out to the mission editor screen and check it out, then continue the mission.

Ness

« Reply #12 on: 02 Apr 2003, 18:56:43 »
I'm not THAT new :)

I never had troubles with choppers, which is kinda odd.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
« Reply #13 on: 02 Apr 2003, 19:13:19 »
Sorry  ;D

Ness

« Reply #14 on: 03 Apr 2003, 07:12:54 »
No problems, just leave my ego alone please  ;)