Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: real halo script. chute doesn't open  (Read 2044 times)

mikeb

real halo script. chute doesn't open
« on: 28 Mar 2003, 14:00:35 »
hey all,

having a problem with the real halo script posted recently.  I can eject allright (and it looks good).  But I don't get an option to deploy the chute as a human player.  However, the action menu does have a spare empty line which is where I guess the option would be.

Any idea what's wrong?

Cheers

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFP Editing Center Toad
    • toadlife.net
Re:real halo script. chute doesn't open
« Reply #1 on: 30 Mar 2003, 23:37:48 »
I'm going to update the readme with more info to clarify this issue....but until then here is the answer :

this is a quote from the official OFP forums where I someone ran into the same problem

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard301/ikonboard.cgi?s=3e8761633a71ffff;act=ST;f=7;t=28557

I modified the init and used a different trigger to eject from a "littlebird". They ejected at the spot that they were supposed to, but I fell to my death as the action menu appeared but the "HALO" command did not appear even though a blank spot appeared in the menu.    My squad all had their 'chutes deploy but I do not know if they deployed as regular 'chutes or as HALO 'chutes as I was falling to my death. I had a death animation but was kind of suspended by an invisible rope. Any ideas of what I may have done wrong?

THat blank spot was due to the mission not being able to find the stringtable file. THe demo mission supports English,French,Italian,GErman, and spanish. In other words, if your OFP is set of for spanish, then "Despliegue el Paracaídas" (literal translation: "Unfold the Parachute") would appear on the action menu instead of "Deploy Chute".

If you made your own mission with the halo script, but didn't put the stringtable that comes with the demo mission in your mission folder, then the action would appear blank.

Note that you still could have clicked on the action even though it was blank.

Here is the stringtable entries you need:
Code: [Select]
"LANGUAGE","English","French","Italian","Spanish","German","Comment"
"STR_REALHALO","Deploy Chute","Déployez le Parachute","Schieri Paracadute","Despliegue el Paracaídas","Despliegue el Paracaídas",

If you want to edit the script so it doesn't use the stringtable then open up the "real_halo.xsqs" and change this line

?_unit == player:haloaction = player addaction[localize "STR_REALHALO","real_halo.xsqs"];goto "checklocal"

to this:

?_unit == player:haloaction = player addaction["Deploy Chute","real_halo.xsqs"];goto "checklocal"

Sorry for the confusion. Like I said, I am going to update the readme with this important note.
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

mikeb

Re:real halo script. chute doesn't open
« Reply #2 on: 01 Apr 2003, 03:28:01 »
Thanks.  sorry if this has been a common question before