Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Beta Demo Of Malvinas Mod  (Read 2230 times)

Monkey Lib Front

Re:Beta Demo Of Malvinas Mod
« Reply #1 on: 28 Mar 2003, 01:20:05 »
excellent i will d/l this right away

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #2 on: 28 Mar 2003, 02:28:44 »
on the forum stays this is a beta all the guns what they made will be there and 15 different soldiers all new models and if I have read it correct some new objects and a island but not sure maybe there are some vehicles or choppers too but not sure  ???

Hellfish6.2

« Reply #3 on: 28 Mar 2003, 03:33:00 »
Yes... all the guns are here, there are Argentinian mechanized infantry, British Airborne, a 105mm recoilless rifle and a 5ton truck for Argentina.

Overall, I'm HIGHLY impressed. Textures are all of a very good quality, I'm very fond of the weapons (they have good sounds) and I think they've done some really creative, top-notch stuff here.

Up until now, I'd just kind of forgotten about these guys and concentrated on what the other Falklands mod team was doing, but I am really happy to have found out that these guys are doing a great job. I'm looking forward to the rest of the stuff!

sgtGunneryHighway

« Reply #4 on: 28 Mar 2003, 05:51:28 »
yeah great work but..........
WHY THE HELL THEY PUT ENGLISH FORCES ON EAST SIDE?????

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #5 on: 28 Mar 2003, 06:10:00 »
yeah great work but..........
WHY THE HELL THEY PUT ENGLISH FORCES ON EAST SIDE?????
The makers are Argentinian so for them they are the good guys and Brittish forces bad guys same for the makers of Falkhlands Mod they gonna put the Brittish forces on the west side  ;)

sussmori

« Reply #6 on: 28 Mar 2003, 07:13:41 »
U gotta love the international flavour of OFP

sgtGunneryHighway

« Reply #7 on: 28 Mar 2003, 09:11:40 »
hehe  ;D
but after all, the argentinian was the invaders ::)

sgtGunneryHighway

« Reply #8 on: 28 Mar 2003, 09:19:05 »
but the notion of good and bad in a war is very complicate , i agree :gunman:

Strangelove

« Reply #9 on: 28 Mar 2003, 15:11:49 »
Not really... both sides bad, bad boys  ;)

Offline CapMorgan

• Members
  • OFP fan
    • Cazadores de monte
« Reply #10 on: 29 Mar 2003, 00:08:38 »
Well, i must thank you all guys for the replys to this topic. specially to Hellfish6.2 we are glad we surpriced you. ;)
As i wrote at BIS forum, we left the config.cpp open so you can edit the side of the unit. In Argentina (where all the team members are from) England is at East, that's the only reason for that.
Please, feel free to post any feedback.
« Last Edit: 29 Mar 2003, 00:09:12 by CapMorgan »

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 29 Mar 2003, 00:54:11 »
i have some questions, is that the final island/map? are you making it more to scale? are you adding the rest of the islands to it?

Offline CapMorgan

• Members
  • OFP fan
    • Cazadores de monte
« Reply #12 on: 29 Mar 2003, 03:40:49 »
i have some questions, is that the final island/map? are you making it more to scale? are you adding the rest of the islands to it?
Hi KevBaz, always a pleasure to see you.
It is not the final island (just imagine to make a complete campaign in those few houses...). Its just a small (and uncomplete) portin of 1km x 1km (aprox) of the final island. I said uncomplete because we'll have to place some more houses we are developing (you can see an example, the globe hotel is in there)
The size of the island was a really difficult decition to make. We decided to make one island (scaled 1:10 aprox) instead of 6 or 7 maps for several reasons.
a)Time.
b)There will be some missions that will use both islands, Soledad and gran Malvina. There's a pic of the final map in the editor view in our page.
c)We don't like the end of the island when it's cutted like in West Leach Spring.
d)The combats will be scaled too. As far as i can tell we cannot make a 400 unit mission and play it decently...
For your last question, lets say we'll have a surprice for the final release ;)
« Last Edit: 29 Mar 2003, 03:41:42 by CapMorgan »

BoNeCoLLeCToR

« Reply #13 on: 29 Mar 2003, 08:26:50 »
1 question for the Malvina Mod team and Falkhlands Team why you guys don't exchange models addons I am sure you guys will win alot of time  ;)
Don't get me wrong I am NOT saying make it 1 MOD but give each other some models addons  ;)
What about that ???

Offline Lt_Phoenix

• Members
« Reply #14 on: 30 Mar 2003, 13:38:02 »
As i wrote at BIS forum, we left the config.cpp open so you can edit the side of the unit. In Argentina (where all the team members are from) England is at East, that's the only reason for that.

Do I need any special programs to edit the config.cpp? I'm not a wizz kid when it comes to PC programming and stuff like that, so any hints on ho to do it would be great. My e-mail is visible, so any replies could be sent there.

Back on topic:
Looking forward to trying out this demo, and to the final release :)
In memory of Police Chief Inspector Arne Sigve Klungland 1950 - 2004
Killed in the line of duty 5. April 2004

Check out the new Norwegian Forces Studio's temporary site at: http://marsuitor.tripod.com/mmb/