Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Australian Army Missions  (Read 3411 times)

Phantom

Australian Army Missions
« on: 24 Mar 2003, 07:53:09 »
Lo guys
I tend to pop my head into the OFP scene every now and again, and this time i'm pretty interested in making some Aussie missions, me being an aussie and all, probably using Jungle Everon or Ia Drang, so it's like East Timor or it could just be some made up place, either way, you'd probably be in a small squad, from 3 RAR Parachute
you'd go in, patrol, do some damage, maybe recce a place, then go back and assault and/or assist another platoon in something

anyway!
would anyone want to play this? if not, i won't bother

EDIT
Current List of Addons Required"

Australian S-70 Blackhawk
C130v1a
ADF MOD MG Pack
ADF MOD Troop Pack
ADF MOD M113 Pack
ADF MOD Ammo Box
ADF MOD Sniper Team
Seb Nam Pack
Res Editor Update
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2003, 13:21:56 by Phantom »

Offline Spooky

• Members
Re:Australian Army Missions
« Reply #1 on: 24 Mar 2003, 09:05:35 »
I would play it , would you use the addons from the ADF mod ? They are awsome
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2003, 09:06:25 by Spooky »
"On My signal Unleash Hell!"

Phantom

« Reply #2 on: 24 Mar 2003, 10:41:12 »
definately, they're the best i've ever seen!

max_killer_payne

« Reply #3 on: 24 Mar 2003, 18:23:50 »
I'd play it those addons are damn sweet. Also, I agree about making an Aussie mission. My self im a Brit. But I'd like 2 see more missions playing as foreign countries, no offense 2 the Yanks, but after the first campaign its to boring using the same damn M16 over and over.

Phantom

« Reply #4 on: 25 Mar 2003, 00:52:30 »
nice, i'll get onto it some time today, if anyone's interested in helping out for cutscene's, plz PM me, coz i don't want this thread locked

Phantom

« Reply #5 on: 25 Mar 2003, 09:44:41 »
here's a visual update, i'll send a written one after i've had dinner

Phantom

« Reply #6 on: 25 Mar 2003, 10:49:27 »
rightio!
I have F-18's doing flyover's of the base, 3 C-130's on the ground being unloaded with supplies and loads of tents to accomodate the troops, a bunch of m113's on patrol around the airbase, some are still parked, and some empty blackhawk's on the ground as well as two flying over every now and again, plus 2 kiowa's keeping an eye on things around the base.

the situation is that the ADF has just landed it's military assets in Timor. After the contact that the SASR had when landing down on Timor, your group, 3RAR (Parachute) has been tasked with securing the nearby area's. so your taken in by M113's, dropped off and told to go on patrol. if your in deep shit, you can call in a QRF (Quick Reaction Force) of 4RAR Commando's. You'll also be told to keep away from a certain area, as there are Sniper's on mission, and your not to jeopardize their mission in ANYWAY!!

If the mission is liked, and i enjoy making it, i'll probably make more, turning it into a series. and here's another pick of the base from above!

P.S. if you've got ANYTHING AT ALL to say about it, how i could make it better, etc. etc. PLZ POST!!!
« Last Edit: 25 Mar 2003, 10:51:26 by Phantom »

Offline Spooky

• Members
« Reply #7 on: 26 Mar 2003, 04:33:48 »
What specs are your PC ? I'm thinking about lag  is it going to be a co-op MP or single player? Maybe use some soldiers as RAAF Airfield Defence Gaurds as were used in East Timor.
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2003, 04:37:47 by Spooky »
"On My signal Unleash Hell!"

Phantom

« Reply #8 on: 26 Mar 2003, 05:33:17 »
definately SP for the time being. lag isn't really a problem, only at the start when all the vehicles and aircraft move out, and about the air def. guard, i thought of that last night, but i don't know how to change someones weapons, since a lot of the ADG's carry Mp5's around base, and i'll have some blokes patrolling round close to the base.

also, as another update, in case i didn't put it in the last one, i'm having crates and stuff out the back of the c-13o's and a supply depot, with cam-net  and lot's of crates stacked up inside, also, i'll be releasing the base alone in the mission file, coz i think it would be quite useful to other people

EDIT
the pc i'm using is:
1.8Ghz
256mb RAM
GF2 MX400
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2003, 13:13:56 by Phantom »

Phantom

« Reply #9 on: 29 Mar 2003, 08:52:42 »
i see's no replies
are u guy's still interested?

titan

« Reply #10 on: 01 Apr 2003, 23:30:09 »
hey guys. im on phantoms missions making team and i mainly want to make Special Forces missions, so if any of u guys got any mission ideas just PM me.

Also cld anyone give me a list of diff camera commands as thats the only thing i suck at on the editor. thx.

(btw im a brit, can everyone tell phantom that our Army beats those aussies army)

Phantom

« Reply #11 on: 02 Apr 2003, 03:34:17 »
haha, lucky your on my msn list, or we could've had another locked topic
check the intel depo, i'm sure there's a cam command tutorial or something

titan

« Reply #12 on: 02 Apr 2003, 19:17:09 »
u shld go on MSN more often Phantom, yeah i know theres like a 11 hour time difference but thats no excuse. Whats the Mod called again?!

My first mission idea for an aussie based story....

After a rebel force equiped with Soviet uniforms, weapons and veichles from the a group of islands off the cost of russia invade Nogava. The Russians call for the help of Australian Special Forces to bring down this rebel force with minimum amount force i.e using more sugical and tatical attacks. You are a sniper who along with your spotter have to assinate the Rebel leaders Sub-Commander. You are inserted onto a mountain opposite where the Sub-Command attends church on a Sunday morning. After assinating the Sub-Commander you must procide your way to a car that Nogava Militia have left for you, then procide to your extraction point. While advoiding or destroyinh enemy forces on your way.

What you all think, only took me 5 mins to think that all up while i was playing around in the editor!

Frosty

« Reply #13 on: 20 Apr 2003, 09:53:12 »
Hey, I've come back to the OFP scene after two months to make some Australian missions too. I don't know where it'll be set - Four possibilites:
Korea
Middle East
Russia
or against some terrorists/mercenaries

Probably a domestic conflict in a third-world country, as that is where Australia tends to fight.

Phantom

« Reply #14 on: 20 Apr 2003, 10:39:58 »
that one mission is now part of the Task Force Timor Campaign.
The homepage for it is at my new website for Raging Storm Productions.
http://www.r-s-p.org

Also, the ADF is not really an attack force, we're defense, we do peace keeping and peace enforcing mainly

Phantom