Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Chopper surivivability  (Read 883 times)

Offline benreeper

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Chopper surivivability
« on: 18 Mar 2003, 18:29:57 »
Does anyone else think all of the helicopters (BIS and addon) are too vulnerable to small arms fire.  I know that they aren't armored but it only takes like 3 shots from a .30 caliber weapon at 300 - 500 yards to bring them down.  This makes the door gun useless beacuse they are dead before they can find a target.  On the other hand the combat choppers can take a lot of punishment (as they should be but the utility choppers are still too weak).

IMHO I think allowing the pilots to be shot through the window, although realistic, is bad for gameplay.  It would seem to me that most choppers go down after some vital element is destroyed (tail rotor, fuel lines, etc.) not from killing the pilot.  Also in real life there is a co-pilot that can fly the craft if the pilot is killed.  Flashpoint does not have this so killing the pilot is certain death for everyone.  Although the human may turn the plane away from the fire, the AI can't.  For me creating missions with AI pilots coming into hot zone is impossible.

Question: are the shooters firing at the helicopter or the pilot?

Ben
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2003, 18:32:58 by benreeper »

jud

Re:Chopper surivivability
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2003, 19:41:12 »
I think that the people sitting on the side of the BIS addons should be able to fire their weapons. This would make it more realistic and increase the helis fire power

lone wolf

« Reply #2 on: 21 Mar 2003, 16:53:43 »
Hi Martley!

lone wolf

« Reply #3 on: 21 Mar 2003, 16:56:31 »
I am LONE WOLF! I am HARD! F*** IRON MAIDEN DUDE! I am now at war with IRON MAIDEN DUDE! Cos' I AM LONE WOLF! Iron maiden dude is sitting next to me and he is a daft ****** ****** ;D

P.S.  Choppers do need more armour, the feeble things! 8)

P.P.S.  Enemies fire at the pilot, not the Vehicle.
« Last Edit: 21 Mar 2003, 17:06:27 by lone wolf »

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #4 on: 22 Mar 2003, 00:32:08 »
the standard Blackhawk is quite realistic.

SpecOps Blackhawks are serioulsy uparmored/upgraded versions. They should have more armor (in the game) than the standard UH-60

bigdog632

« Reply #5 on: 22 Mar 2003, 01:59:44 »
the only time i can bring helos down in three shots of a standard weapon is by hitting the pilot

although shooting hinds down with bizons is fun

beastman72

« Reply #6 on: 23 Mar 2003, 21:27:41 »
In reality, any projectile under .50 wouldn't even bother something like a UH60, so why a bloke with a PK can take out one of these monsters is utter crap. The ZSU 23mm is realistic enough though.

Iron Maiden Dude

« Reply #7 on: 25 Mar 2003, 17:01:51 »
Just use an AA gun to shoot the helicopters down!  :gunman:

KatukovStrikesBack

« Reply #8 on: 25 Mar 2003, 21:05:06 »
In reality, any projectile under .50 wouldn't even bother something like a UH60, so why a bloke with a PK can take out one of these monsters is utter crap. The ZSU 23mm is realistic enough though.

I'm still trying to figure out how half a PK belt can destroy an A-10.  :P