Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread  (Read 193432 times)

Offline FA Dalai Lamar

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread
« Reply #990 on: 06 Oct 2003, 04:53:34 »
Evis and BAS type Gods,

Please say you are still releasing the BRDMs and UAZs from this incredible pack in standard Russian/FIA Flavor....PLEASE.....PLEASE!!! I still make Russian vs. Resistance missions primarilay and you teased me with the original glimpses of these vehix.
Beest Regards,

Dalai Lamar ;D

teeps

« Reply #991 on: 06 Oct 2003, 09:13:43 »
I'm having a bit getting OFP to run with this.  I have installed Tonal and Opfor into a seperate mod folder, and I have another mod folder with just the BAS stuff in.  I am running OFP with a shortcut pulling in just these two mod folders, so just BAS stuff, nothing else.

I can get OFP to run, but when I try to go into the mission editor it CTD's with 'Cannot memory map file music.pbo', before giving me the choice of island.

The system specs are 512 Mb RAM, 1.2 Athlon, Ti4200, and WinME, OFP is version 1.92

Any ideas anyone?

teeps

« Reply #992 on: 06 Oct 2003, 09:32:46 »
Please ignore the post above, I didn't realise 1.92 installed a different executable!  Everything is great now.

Thanks.

PathFinder

« Reply #993 on: 06 Oct 2003, 10:49:50 »
Two words,

Standard Set
« Last Edit: 06 Oct 2003, 12:25:10 by PathFinder »

lt_poncho

« Reply #994 on: 06 Oct 2003, 15:48:11 »
Also, I've got a prediction. Have you scoped out the large city to the east of the island, the city named Tatu? I predict that the moment BAS releases the Updated Delta/Ranger pack and the Desert Vehicles pack, we'll have more BHD missions than can be counted taking place in that city :P .

Woah! You figure that out all by yerself? Holy jeez man you should read minds or predict the future! I would never have figured that one out - except for the fact that there's been at least 3 maps that could have accomodated a mission like that since the movie came out. Where have you been?

m21man

« Reply #995 on: 06 Oct 2003, 17:31:46 »
Woah! You figure that out all by yerself? Holy jeez man you should read minds or predict the future! I would never have figured that one out - except for the fact that there's been at least 3 maps that could have accomodated a mission like that since the movie came out. Where have you been?

Reading crystal balls...

Tatu is definitely the best city so far for BHD missions, but people seemed to stop making BHD missions a while ago. But the new BAS cities are perfect for urban warfare with their nice wide streets and thin alleys. Just use BAS MH-60s and MH-6s to insert troops into some open spaces in Tatu, then fight. The 4th mission in the campaign was a perfect example of the potential of Tonal for urban warfare.
« Last Edit: 06 Oct 2003, 17:33:26 by m21man »

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #996 on: 06 Oct 2003, 18:31:32 »
DAMN IT  >:(  >:( >:( >:( :'( :'( :'(

This island is so fucking large it's sice is larger than my RAM and video card memory can handle. Unless I upgrade to a better graphic card and more RAM I won't be able to get it running!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

It looks great on the screenshots  :-\

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #997 on: 06 Oct 2003, 18:37:44 »
Wow.  the Island+OPFOR is great, just great.

Let's see, what is there to love about this pack...

RPG sound effects - now you actually KNOW when someone is firing one at you, and there's a backblast....how great is that!?

Vehicles...great stuff....I second the motion of releasing them for regular Russians.

Realistic firefights!  Hundreds of rounds flying around just over your head makes it feel like a real war!  Stick your head in the sand and pray that someone wastes that RPD gunner...

Sheer variety of the units - awesome....and are those Gimbal's Tossers or your own scratch-made angry mobs (models aside, obviously)?

Now for the three things I don't like:

1 - The optics on the government sniper's weapon are behaving crazily.  I can't zoom and the scope is shaking all over the place, even when prone and stationary.

2 - missing script files in "Rebel Road" - ak74hd.sqs  ???

3 - Your loonies had better stay away from the swamps.  They have a tendancy to go prone and drown (including those not under your command)  ::)  Not something you could fix, but it's damned annoying anyway.

Just for laughs I set up a raid in the Oasis...the place is defended by a ragtag group of Rebels and Uncle Sam's Rangers are storming the place...oh man...RPGs flying around, tracers wobbling out towards the Rangers, Littlebirds doing gun runs, Pavehawks roping in more teams....ooooohhh it makes me all giddy!  I played as a sniper, and I was popping heads at 500 yards with my M24....hahahaha great stuff BAS!

BAS = Gods among men.  Let us all prostrate ourselves before their manifest magnificence and pray for their continued good graces  ;D

Red7

« Reply #998 on: 06 Oct 2003, 19:47:24 »
3 - Your loonies had better stay away from the swamps.  They have a tendancy to go prone and drown (including those not under your command)    Not something you could fix, but it's d**ned annoying anyway.

Have a look in the readme file for the island, theres a script called "river crossing" which makes all the AI stay in the standing position when they're in the water.

lt_poncho

« Reply #999 on: 06 Oct 2003, 20:39:55 »
Reading crystal balls...

Tatu is definitely the best city so far for BHD missions, but people seemed to stop making BHD missions a while ago. But the new BAS cities are perfect for urban warfare with their nice wide streets and thin alleys. Just use BAS MH-60s and MH-6s to insert troops into some open spaces in Tatu, then fight. The 4th mission in the campaign was a perfect example of the potential of Tonal for urban warfare.

Same with TRUAX, MOGHADISH and BHD maps...if you can't fly a MH-6 thru those streets then there's some issues. And no - you don't fly MH-60's thru streets.

KyleSarnik

« Reply #1000 on: 06 Oct 2003, 20:40:43 »
Yea whats with the G3 sniper scope?? It keeps jumping from unzoomed to zoomed, and when you press the zoom or unzoom butten it stops but you cant zoom in or out... Its just impossible to use like that... Also the BRDMs have no steering wheel...??? Anyways everything else is just great and can't wait for the updated rangers and deltas.... (and littlebirds...)

Offline libriut99

• Members
  • 2b or not 2b, who cares ???
« Reply #1001 on: 06 Oct 2003, 20:55:19 »
BAS .....great job  , thanks for an execellent addon .

I've got a prob. though ...

when I try to put a BAS blackhawk in the editor I get a message "missing .modelspecial" . and the game crashes .
Anyone knows what it means ?
before 'Zee germans get there ...

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #1002 on: 06 Oct 2003, 22:39:28 »
BAS .....great job  , thanks for an execellent addon .

I've got a prob. though ...

when I try to put a BAS blackhawk in the editor I get a message "missing .modelspecial" . and the game crashes .
Anyone knows what it means ?

You need to make sure the SOAR are installed, and that you have JAM2 Installed in your ofp/addons folder.

Homefry31464

« Reply #1003 on: 06 Oct 2003, 22:42:24 »
BAS, thanks for all your hard work, which is never appreciated enough.  Excellent work!!

Offline Arctic

• Members
  • In Utero
« Reply #1004 on: 06 Oct 2003, 23:54:08 »
BAS-great addon!

I have a problem on the Tonal Island map in mission editing mode, but I am not sure if it is just b/c of my system specs. I can only create/modify units, groups, markers, or triggers if they are in the bottom right corner area of the map. Anywhere else I double click on, no windows appear. I can, however, make the green grouping box thing appear when I click+drag the mouse.

My specs are:
Windows ME
512mb of RAM
4+ GB of free space
General Video card (unsure of the correct title of the card)