Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread  (Read 192787 times)

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
Re:Ballistic Addon Studios Update Thread
« Reply #30 on: 22 Mar 2003, 17:20:39 »
We did make "default" troops, the "Soldier" units that come with the pack, they come with customisable arm patches so you can make them whatever you want, and they are just called "Soldier" so that you can fit any loadout.

Currently the arm patches come out a bit blurry, but that will be fixed in the next update (no time frame at this stage)

Regarding the helmets: shape wise, while not identical, the tc2000 that we used for the Rangers (the Delta have the lower profile TC 2002) is not too different from a PASGT, especially with a cloth cover over them, they both have a "fritz" type profile.

SelectThis
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2003, 17:22:00 by SelectThis »

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #31 on: 22 Mar 2003, 22:18:45 »
just wondering have you started on the Marine project?

Vixer

« Reply #32 on: 22 Mar 2003, 23:37:56 »
yes that was our first project, we are mostly working on the spec op things atm

SpclFrcsSnpr

« Reply #33 on: 22 Mar 2003, 23:59:21 »
Well at any rate keep up the good work!

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #34 on: 23 Mar 2003, 00:42:47 »
yea its just the im really looking to getting my hands on the the Super Cobra. D:

CrunchyFrog

« Reply #35 on: 23 Mar 2003, 03:45:25 »
On your site, you written that your a gonna make some choppers used by the marines, but... Are you gonna use some marines to use them?

BlackDeath

« Reply #36 on: 23 Mar 2003, 07:53:04 »
Evis you could get Domocles who i believe is in the Army as i to look at his March 2003 soldiers magazine which shows some airborne and rangers and the most common sight used is the m68 even nowadays :-)
-Blackdeath

Vixer

« Reply #37 on: 23 Mar 2003, 09:57:33 »
On your site, you written that your a gonna make some choppers used by the marines, but... Are you gonna use some marines to use them?
i dont think its needed that BAS makes Marines as Sucheys marines will do

Raven

« Reply #38 on: 23 Mar 2003, 10:56:45 »
Hi

A question, sorry if this has been asked before (I did do a quick search). On the subject of the soldier with the changable arm patch, I'm trying to use them to do an international counter terror unit for my players, much like Rainbow 6. In the readme you say you can use the flags within the game as the patch, I've tried this, but they are little to big for the arm, is there anyway to change the scale of the flag that you know of so it fits the arm.

Coporal_Punishment

« Reply #39 on: 23 Mar 2003, 11:49:10 »
We did make "default" troops, the "Soldier" units that come with the pack, they come with customisable arm patches so you can make them whatever you want, and they are just called "Soldier" so that you can fit any loadout.

I know you guys made the arm patch which can be changed to the 10th divsion, 75 divsion, 82nd division and 101st divsion but what about the regular less known troops such as the 1st Infantry division, 24 Mechanized Divsion. You can't put 1st division arm patches on these models because have different load outs. What I was suggesting was that BAS should make a addon which replaces the BIS default US troops because they rightnow look really wierd when I have infantry supporting BAS rangers you can see the quality difference.

Only remember I am only suggesting I know you guys have alot on your plate and i'm in no way i'm not mocking your addons.

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #40 on: 23 Mar 2003, 18:39:38 »
any chance of an A10? just been watching them in action over Iraq in the grey scheme, then i look at the one in CWC :(

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #41 on: 23 Mar 2003, 20:44:16 »
@Monkey Lib Front - No plans for that for the foreseeable future...

@Coporal_Punishment - Also no major plans for this for the foreseeable future...

@Raven - This is one of the issues being fixed in the update.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #42 on: 23 Mar 2003, 21:28:00 »
oooh, its been a while - hey lads, been in hospital for a couple of months, but im back with a vengence...

been keeeping a tab on the ballistics website... been a while since ive seen some new stuff, but im hoping this lack of updates means that you are all busy working on new stuff, and patches.

good luck lads, its awesome stuff so far.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #43 on: 23 Mar 2003, 22:17:13 »
Hey, Messiah, why were you in the Hospital?

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #44 on: 23 Mar 2003, 22:22:31 »
well slightly off topic....

crashed my car on the motorway, 100mph into back of another car, then into crash barrier, spin a few times, crash into barrie again.... not nice....

ended up with 2 broken / shattered legs, broken arm, ribs, whiplash - brusing etc... kidna painfull... just started walking again, not good.

but hey, ofp and BAS have kept me going, keep up the good work lads!
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion