Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Cargoaddon by 21st Viking Battalion  (Read 1809 times)

Dirtman

Cargoaddon by 21st Viking Battalion
« on: 11 Mar 2003, 20:35:20 »
It seems these guys are on a roll, just downloaded it and starting to play with it.  Found it at   http://ofp.gamezone.cz/

Gandalf from 21st Viking Battalion sent us their new addon 21vbCargo using nice scripts. It's a cargoaddon, where you can use 33 vehicles to move more than 130 pieces of cargo, either by sling, or by loading it into the cargocompartments of the cargovehicles, and you can eject cargo from choppers using 4 unsteerable parachutes as you can see on picture.

It's quite exhaustive because every cargo is defined with a weight, vehicules by a space and weight capacity, etc. It works in SP and MP, OFP ver 1.90.

Keep it up Guys.

;D

Dirtman

Re:Cargoaddon by 21st Viking Battalion
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2003, 00:35:08 »
I tested it out.  If you play co-op mission's and have your own chopper wing, then this will be a must.  Just think, now your wing can fly support for the ground force.  They can bring there chopper with your vehicle in  sling under it or they can resupply you with ammo by chopper door or multi-parachute.  Sharp work on this.

;)

Strangelove

« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2003, 21:10:28 »
Dirtman... how does this addon actually work... the readme is a bit vague. I've added the addon, climbed in one of the 'cargo' vehicles and attempted to pick up several of the listed cargo items, both by hovering over them at the correct height and landing really close (for the internal cargo) but no joy. Is there something else you have to do...

Also, although I'm sure it would be a useful ability for human players, how on earth do you get the AI to use it? What are the action commands etc.? This addon is great in theory, but I'm afraid it's way too vague for the likes of me.  ???

wi77ard

« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2003, 23:19:48 »
I too am having the exact same problems with the addon.

:help:

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #4 on: 13 Mar 2003, 10:24:36 »
To get this to work, simply get out of the vehicle, and get back in again...

(This is because it is operated by the "get in" event handler)

DeLiltMon

« Reply #5 on: 13 Mar 2003, 12:01:51 »
I've noticed that there seems to be a limit to the number of times you can load an object - I was messing about with it loading and dropping an ammo crate and a tent into a Chinook, but after I'd dropped each of them twice I couldn't load them any more  :-\

Dirtman

« Reply #6 on: 13 Mar 2003, 20:25:14 »
Ok guys,

1.  You have to start outside the helo or get out and back in before you try to pickup anything, this sets the script off.  I wait till the popup info box vanishes before trying to do anything.  Note:  You must be within 10meters of an object that can be picked up for the script to run.

2. If Im going to sling load something, I move over the object about 7 meters and your menu will now show to pick up.  

If Im going to load ammo boxs inside the helo, I do same as above, but I hover only 2 meters for less above the boxs and the menu will show load.  

3.  Once you get to the dz with a sling load, the load must be placed on the ground before you will get the relase in the menu.

If you have a load inside, you can eject it at anytime by use of a parachute.

Its a blast.  I built a short mission where I picked up a M113 creaw and there vehicle.  Carried them to a dz and dropped them all off.  They got in the M113 and drove off and engaged VC down the road.

;)
« Last Edit: 13 Mar 2003, 20:27:24 by Dirtman »

wi77ard

« Reply #7 on: 14 Mar 2003, 01:15:23 »
thanx for info guyz

Gandalf 21VB

« Reply #8 on: 14 Mar 2003, 17:41:44 »
Hi guys!
If you got any problems with the cargoaddon please feel free to contact me! Gandalf@21vikings.dk
I attached two documents and one txt-file with the addon, it could be that it wasn't comprehensive enough. I didn't fell like writing a book  ;)
If you try the addon a couple of times, the picking up and dropping will become much easier.

Dirtman

« Reply #9 on: 14 Mar 2003, 20:02:37 »
Gandalf is right, the first time was a pain, but after a brief break and came babk to it, it all fell into place.  I guess I was so exited about it, I just keep missing things up.  So...slow down and things start falling into place.
 ;)

wi77ard

« Reply #10 on: 15 Mar 2003, 03:23:42 »
I have it sorted now, works like a dream.  ;D

Is there anyway i can add custom cargo ?

Gandalf 21VB

« Reply #11 on: 15 Mar 2003, 08:17:36 »
We only added the most common cargo (objects) in our scripts, by several reasons.
- The script gets a bit "heavy" and makes some LAG when it loops searching for closest object. More objects equals more LAG.
- We only wanted objects that was obvious to use.
- We all got different unofficial addons installed and new are released all the time, it's impossible for us to keep track of it.

To ansver your question, yes you could add custom cargo to the 21vbCargo. That requires a couple of things....
- You can do a bit of scripting yourself...modifying our addon.
- I'm afraid that we can't let you release your modifyed 21vbCargo as a new addon...the result would otherwise be many new Cargo-addons. Then the s*** would hit the fan...which cargoaddon to what downloadable mission.....  :o   so....
if you modify our 21vbCargo addon....Please keep it to yourself or inside your clan. And please don't make public misions which requires your modifyed cargoaddon.

wi77ard

« Reply #12 on: 15 Mar 2003, 14:55:08 »
how would i go about adding new cargo to the script?

i just want to modify it for myself btw

Gandalf 21VB

« Reply #13 on: 15 Mar 2003, 21:17:43 »
I think you should take a look of the tutorials on this site.  :)
It would be a rather long story, if you don't got any experience in pbo/unpbo/editing.