Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Transporting equipment  (Read 1159 times)

SimonRussi

Transporting equipment
« on: 29 Aug 2002, 16:36:10 »
Ok, suggestions needed....

i'd like a mission in which i infiltrate an enemy island via a chopper:

1 question: how can i load an ammocrate together with my fellows an me in the same chopper?

2 question: how can i unload it? (but i think i have to do the opposite of what you suggested in the 1st question) :)

3 question: i'd like to move this crate from the drop off point to a safe place, how can i move it without vehicles and without the crate just disappearing and re-appearing in the new place?

thx guys

Stalker

Re:Transporting equipment
« Reply #1 on: 29 Aug 2002, 16:39:22 »
You can't load the crate and move it. You need special scripts. And the crate cannot be moved without dissapearing.

DeusRich

« Reply #2 on: 29 Aug 2002, 19:19:55 »
you could use a parachute script, to get your equipment on the ground, but it will be confusing on how to put it in the chopper, cos without going into really complex scripting its really hard - maybe when the mk 2 is finished ill submit one, tho its a bit beyond my ability at the mo....

Offline 14th_Hoot

• Members
  • You domove getpos away from me!
« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2002, 02:02:45 »
Yep, off the top of my head you could do it using a trigger when you get close to the crate, have it execute a looping script like

ammocrate setpos getpos

and in the script put text like "you have the ammo crate" using the pos of the player, then have another script when you land to exit the script and have the crate move to a game logic or something around where you got out, and have the text "you have placed the crate on the ground".

Like he said above, it's doable but requires a bit of scripting.

Hoot out! 8)
What..me worry?