Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Armed HMMWVs: "TOW", M2 .50  (Read 7363 times)

tankieboy

Re:Armed HMMWVs: "TOW", M2 .50
« Reply #30 on: 20 May 2003, 14:29:29 »
Can you post up a pic with the Mk19 on?

Viriato

« Reply #31 on: 23 May 2003, 13:41:08 »
Sorry for the silience, i have been moving and thats a lot of work and problems.

I access the internet at my job, and the modified HMWee is in my home, but i will post a pic soon.
Finally i managed to create a working cpp using a modified M2 config, but don't aim well (the m2 shoot at the body, the grenade launcher should shoot at the ground below the target)

tankieboy

« Reply #32 on: 23 May 2003, 15:56:18 »
I think a grenade in your guts or a grenade at your toes will have the same effect!

Looking forward to the picture(s).

Gun_Nut

« Reply #33 on: 24 May 2003, 15:21:49 »
hmm...everthing is fine except 1 place....

The HMMEVs had bullet proved windows right?
When I use my M16 to shoot the driver at the FRONT WINDOW..
His head turned into red, he's dead, the rest of the part is ok, but
just the front window had problem.

Viriato

« Reply #34 on: 25 May 2003, 20:46:56 »
tankieboy,
The Mk19 has a high disperssion and a "slow" rate of fire, if the A.I. point the grenade at the head, it will miss at 85% of the grenades fired, the grenade will pass the group and explode at a safe distance.
But if the A.I. point at the ground, the blast will kill the enemy even if itÂ's not a direct hit.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #35 on: 26 May 2003, 08:17:16 »
hmm...everthing is fine except 1 place....

The HMMEVs had bullet proved windows right?
When I use my M16 to shoot the driver at the FRONT WINDOW..
His head turned into red, he's dead, the rest of the part is ok, but
just the front window had problem.

A Bullet Comming from an extreme angle MAY be deflected by the HMMWV's windshield, but they are by no means Bullet Proof, sometimes Bullet Resistant Windows are instaled in HMMWV, but there is no such thing as Bullet Proof really just Bullet Resistant, well for HMMWVs and Soldiers anyway, Tanks, I have no Clue

tankieboy

« Reply #36 on: 25 Jun 2003, 14:31:45 »
Any pictures yet?

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #37 on: 06 Oct 2003, 21:27:47 »
Hi

just about the m60
i recon a HMMWV with M60 would be brilliant and M240 and a Mk19

the M60 was replaced by the M240 but didnt leave the service, Special forces groups use souped up versions the M60E3 and E4 for counter terrorist operations.

And id have to say that im partial to the M60
Nothing beats the "Pig Gun"

good work

FN came out with a shortened special ops version of the M240 - US SOF voiced an interest in a design like it in 2001, and they were due to take delivery of them about 2 months ago.  I believe its the Mk 48 mod 0 at this point.  The idea is similar to the M249 SPW - cut the gun down considerably to make it easier to handle.

The M60E3 has LOTS of problems and is considered to be a piece of junk, I hear.  But yes, the SEALs use the Mk 46 version of the SAW.

http://world.guns.ru/machine/mg38-e.htm

Gotta love FN.

*edit - WOW - I hadn't realized how old this was  :-[*
« Last Edit: 06 Oct 2003, 21:32:43 by SEAL84 »

gundam007

« Reply #38 on: 08 Oct 2003, 03:14:46 »
when my secret mod phase 1 is released, there will be a drive by mobile..

Bruce Banner

« Reply #39 on: 10 Oct 2003, 14:43:33 »
A what?

gundam007

« Reply #40 on: 11 Oct 2003, 02:34:09 »
a vehicle (civilian style car) with an automatic weapon hanging out the window

Cpt. FrostBite

« Reply #41 on: 11 Nov 2003, 18:54:50 »
I did my own little rework of the thing as a project for learning O2. This in relation to my work for the Lowlands Warrior mod (former Kmarns Mod). Screen attached. Very nice addon to work on.

Offline revellion

• Contributing Member
    • My Website
« Reply #42 on: 14 Nov 2003, 11:19:32 »
I've adapted Quakergamer's armed Desert Humvees for woodland camo and improved some of the Geometry things, added windows, added some LODs, etc.

Check them out!
http://potatohed.com/ads_humr.zip

Known issues:
1. The tires DO flatten, but they don't seem to "sag" down until the vehicle moves.  So if you blast a stationary hummer's tire, you won't know if it's flat unless you get in.

2.  The "TOW" launcher fires a "bullet", not a true missile.  Oh well.  This issue is likely not going to be fixed.  I've played a lot with it, and in the heat of battle it honestly doesn't make a difference, IMO anyway.

3.  No headlights or brake lights.  This is simply because I haven't had time to look for how to do this.  

Let me know what you think, and if you can help me with any known or unknown issues, that would be appreciated.

The "Bullet Missile Issue"

is easy to solve make a new Projectile that is same class as a bullet but make another model and texture's and voila you got a missile that got physics of a bullet but it looks better?
Best Logistic Addons and Missions: www.TheChainOfCommand.com

Offline revellion

• Contributing Member
    • My Website
« Reply #43 on: 14 Nov 2003, 11:19:41 »
I've adapted Quakergamer's armed Desert Humvees for woodland camo and improved some of the Geometry things, added windows, added some LODs, etc.

Check them out!
http://potatohed.com/ads_humr.zip

Known issues:
1. The tires DO flatten, but they don't seem to "sag" down until the vehicle moves.  So if you blast a stationary hummer's tire, you won't know if it's flat unless you get in.

2.  The "TOW" launcher fires a "bullet", not a true missile.  Oh well.  This issue is likely not going to be fixed.  I've played a lot with it, and in the heat of battle it honestly doesn't make a difference, IMO anyway.

3.  No headlights or brake lights.  This is simply because I haven't had time to look for how to do this.  

Let me know what you think, and if you can help me with any known or unknown issues, that would be appreciated.

The "Bullet Missile Issue"

is easy to solve make a new Projectile that is same class as a bullet but make another model and texture's and voila you got a missile that got physics of a bullet but it looks better?
Best Logistic Addons and Missions: www.TheChainOfCommand.com

Offline wired

• Members
  • Explosion Scripter for the [unsung] mod!!!
« Reply #44 on: 26 Dec 2003, 02:37:44 »
Great addon for a beta. I found the bug about the handles on the M2 in 1st person but this is the best lookin  beta ive seen for a while. Good job. Keep up the good work! ;D
We have a problem at 'Oscar-Charlie 2-7' do you read me? Well its that guy with the RPG!