Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Controllable square parachute is Out  (Read 4254 times)

Dirtman

Controllable square parachute is Out
« on: 04 Mar 2003, 21:37:37 »
I was just over at Operation Flashpoint CZ at http://ofp.gamezone.cz/ and saw that a controllable square parachute is out.  Download it and its great, even has a reserve chute if you have to cut away.  Here is the text:

Gandalf 21VB from the danish site 21vb sent us this cool addon! It's a controllable square parachute and a round controllable reserve parachute.
I tried it and it works well (for human players only), when you jump out of a plane/heli you choose when you'll open the parachute so you can be a real skydiver! You'll need OFP Version 1.90 or higher.
As usual read the readme.txt to understand how to make it work.

;D

Dirtman

Re:Controllable square parachute is Out
« Reply #1 on: 04 Mar 2003, 22:31:40 »
I don't know about you guys, but Im having a blast.  Builtd a simple skydiving mission at the airport and set the plane to flyinheight 10000.  Takes some time to get up there (don't even know if I get that high), but the drop is great and I can get real close to the target area.  Tested the reserve in  a cutaway and worked great.  I see great insertion missions coming up for the Delta team.   ;D

Nevres

« Reply #2 on: 05 Mar 2003, 06:29:04 »
im havin a bit of trouble with it, the readme states that you have to call a script in the int of the player but the zip only has the pbo

give me a tip on how to make it work

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #3 on: 05 Mar 2003, 09:39:03 »
hey this thing is the coolest i was jumping out of anything that could fly
no need to make a script just type this in the init feild of the player
[] exec "\21vbGlider\script\paradrop.sqs"

Offline Lt_Phoenix

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 05 Mar 2003, 13:42:08 »
I've already tried it out, and it works great!!!

Used it in a mission to take out General Guba. Had my sniper transported within range of the target area flying at 500 ft, ejected, and the chute carried the sniper  the rest of the way (approx. 2 clicks). Worked like a charm.

Unfortunately AI units can't use it.
Still, excellent work  :D
In memory of Police Chief Inspector Arne Sigve Klungland 1950 - 2004
Killed in the line of duty 5. April 2004

Check out the new Norwegian Forces Studio's temporary site at: http://marsuitor.tripod.com/mmb/

Josef

« Reply #5 on: 05 Mar 2003, 18:24:09 »
Have anyone thought of making a REALLY cool thing possible... ?

I thought that if you use a new animation an the setpos getpos thing you CAN shoot while gliding down...

Anyone saw the Air Force one?

Or just mount a BAS M4 SopSD on it...

Britboy

« Reply #6 on: 05 Mar 2003, 18:28:57 »
im still confused as to how to get it to work.

Dirtman

« Reply #7 on: 05 Mar 2003, 19:02:50 »
Ok Britboy here you go.  You have to create a mission or edit a mission.  In the unit Init. field of the solder you want to have the parachute, type this:    [] exec "\21vbGlider\script\paradrop.sqs"    .  Place the solder in a plane or helo and when you fly over the area you want to jump at just eject.  I set the plane to flyinheight of at least 200 feet, this will give you time to open the chute.  I fould if you just jump and the original height the helo or plane fly on occasion the normal parachute will open.

Mr_Shady

« Reply #8 on: 05 Mar 2003, 20:24:38 »
Wow, time for some HALO and HAHO fun... coolest thing so far was freefalling in on a ZU-23 that i put on a roof, opening just high enough to not die, then cutting away from both chutes and dropping right behind the gun  ;D

Two buckshot enemas later and the gun's not swatting my side's helis  :)

PBA12511

« Reply #9 on: 06 Mar 2003, 00:30:08 »
For good HALO fun, wait until you get really far down and the parachute opens itself, thats what I call a HALO.

Nevres

« Reply #10 on: 06 Mar 2003, 06:20:16 »
i know it says that ai cant use it, but couldnt it be used withthe action menu? eg. 2 man team yourself and an ai companion, get them in a chopper and eject them high in the air, when you deploy your chute, quickly choose your #2 man and acces his action menu, then order him to deploy the chute, im still in the process of trying whaddaya think?

Strangelove

« Reply #11 on: 06 Mar 2003, 15:06:49 »
Yes, this addon is marvelous... I've noticed that you have to leave it a couple of seconds after the mission has started before ejecting or you will get a normal parachute.

Haven't tried it with AI units yet, but you might be able to control multiple team-mates by putting the various action commands into repeating triggers activated by the radio menu... all eject, all turn left, all turn right, all break etc. I might give it a go and report back.

DeLiltMon

« Reply #12 on: 07 Mar 2003, 10:37:17 »
I tried a HAHO last night, I took Clink's Skyhawk up to 35000ft with the afterburner on and ejected over the airfield in the south west of Nogova, I was still at 22000ft when I got to the airfield on the island in the north and I didn't take the direct route, then I got bored and cut away both chutes and plunged head first firing my GPMG at the unsuspecting Russians standing on the runway  ;D
« Last Edit: 07 Mar 2003, 15:49:20 by DeLiltMon »

STGN

« Reply #13 on: 07 Mar 2003, 14:34:36 »
I know it says that it needs 1.90 to play but do you think I could youse 1.85 to youse it.
STGN

Dirtman

« Reply #14 on: 07 Mar 2003, 21:43:16 »
Has anyone tested this out in MP yet.  If so please post your results.  Thanks   :)