Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Newly Revised Rapple script  (Read 13987 times)

CODY2622

Re:Newly Revised Rapple script
« Reply #60 on: 30 Mar 2003, 06:45:00 »
If ya'll make an exapmle mission on the desert island for this script let me know.

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
« Reply #61 on: 31 Mar 2003, 14:38:20 »
I have modified Zay's script as promised, and have created the worlds greatest rappeling system i think.

you can now rapple onto the top of buildings, and the chopper will stop within 1m of where it is supposed to.

but... you need the SNYSptPack addon :(

Sorry dudes, but I needed to create a new class to find the surface height of the location where the rappel is to occur.

The prototype example mission is here (SNYSptPack addon included).

Single player only, and still under development! This is an example mission only, and the addon included is not for distribution (it is a BETA, and contains bugs). I will be creating a new MP version tomorrow night, so stay tuned... ;D
« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2003, 14:40:15 by snYpir »
Bohemia Interactive Simulations

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
  • Llama, softest natural fibre in the world.
« Reply #62 on: 01 Apr 2003, 06:41:09 »
Hey all :)

sorry for no updates lately but Ive had so much work to do its taken up all my time and havent been able to work on the scripts.

Snypir--I just wanna thank you for your incredible input towards this script--also everyone else that has given feed back and Blanco for finding the new animation.

This has been one of the many great examples of the OFPEC community at its best.  ;D

Im still very busy with work but Ill check this test map of yours out snypir and get back to you. :thumbsup:

Lastly Snypir:  Im keen to know if you read my thread I posted in your SP\MP support thread about using setvelocity [0,0,0] on the rappeller instead of moveincargo.

It gives exactly the same effect with less code and without the need to cam create another chopper in multiplayer. I think its definately worth investigating. It  may be a better way of doing it.  :)

Lemme know what ya think of the setvelocity idea mate.

The accurate chopper positioning and being able to land on roofs sounds bloody great. Cant wait to try it.

Zay out
"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum......an I'm all outta bubble gum!"

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
« Reply #63 on: 09 Apr 2003, 12:27:26 »
*bangs head on table*

Zay, I am just about at my wits end. Yeah, I agree with you about the setvelocity idea.

I have just about gone as far as i can go with your scripts. They are fantastic, don't get me wrong, but trying to get rappelling onto boats working is killing me.

I have worked out rappelling onto buildings - that was tough, but rappelling onto boats is kinda like pushing sh*t uphill.

With setvelocity, we wouldn't have to create a new chopper, hell, we might not have to do anything on the clients.

The problem is that now the rappelling scripts require the SNYSptPack.pbo addon. Are you ok with this? I had to make a new invisible grenade to find the surface height of buildings.

Anyway, if you want to make a rappelling system using setvelocity, i'd be happy to test and implement it. ;D

Thoughts?
Bohemia Interactive Simulations

Donnervogel

« Reply #64 on: 21 Apr 2003, 19:47:33 »
Hmm can anybody tell me what method is used to move the untis in the rappel script after they hit the ground? I can't find the method in Zayfords script and I need something similar for a script I am making.

Donnervogel

« Reply #65 on: 22 Apr 2003, 23:10:05 »
or maybe to make it clear... how can I make the  human player walk witout having him to do it via keyboard ;)

Josef

« Reply #66 on: 19 Oct 2003, 14:39:11 »
I dont know...

I just want to ask, could someone make the rapple script work with variable height?

See, I want to rapell into the jungle...Oh, and how about two ropes like the BAS blackhawk?...