Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Newly Revised Rapple script  (Read 13986 times)

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
  • Llama, softest natural fibre in the world.
Re:Newly Revised Rapple script
« Reply #45 on: 18 Mar 2003, 12:45:35 »
SnYpir,

heres the latest  rappel V7 single player script attached.

Added:

#1. If pilot killed during rappel gunner  has 3 secs to regain control of helo then rappel continues. If dudes are half way down rope the continue on their way.

#2. added 4th parameter to activation line so that map maker can dictate how long the chopper will wait after drop is complete. "0" means he'll take off straight away.
"1"  he should wait around fer a sec or so --"5" hell wait around 5 secs or so etc

Here is an example of a group that will deploy smoke and chopper will wait around after drop is complete for about 10 secs

["initialise",[group leadername],heloname, 1, 10] exec "rappel.sqs"
 ;)

I did try to save u the trouble of converting Version 7 to MP but I thought it best u did it cause I cant test it--espesh with the switchmove issue. ;D

Also--NoW this is really FUCKING me off. The new animation has issues. So Ive left the old animation in just for u to check. ;)

Im afraid their maybe further changes with reagard to the new animation.

Why? OK example :

With the old "fxstandfromtable" if the chopper gets blown up and crashes but doesnt land oin the dudes half way down the rope then they drop and break from the switchmove and continue on their way. but if this happens with the new JDFS switchmove I cant always get em to break from the switchmove.

ARRRRGH Ive tried everything. And I mean everthing I know of so Ill leave it with you to implement the new switchmove. This is an intermittant issue that i cant lock down.

Switchmove "", only works sometimes, also ive noticed I get better results if I dont try to switcmove em outta the animation untill they are bang on ZERO FEET. do it in the air and theyll switchmove "" then shoulder their rifle
 then go BACK to the rope switchmove and look at you floating in the air. DRIVING ME NUTS

I absolutley think this is also the random issue that Dirtman encountered in your spt pack thread also.

Its that fucking switchmove I tell ya.

Zayfod "breathes deep and slow" :o

ahh thats better.

« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2003, 01:54:08 by Zayfod »
"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum......an I'm all outta bubble gum!"

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
« Reply #46 on: 18 Mar 2003, 13:15:13 »
Actually heres the MP versions of rappel.sqs and rappel_monitor.sqs for version 7 that I made.

They may help you so I thought Id include em anyways  ;D

I think the random wait Ive included b4 I switch em outta the animation has helped it alot with regards to the destroyed helo scenario.

Ive altered the #endall  segment in both rappel and rappel_monitor so it now reads

#endall
   ? not ( alive _man): exit
   ~ (random 2) + 2
   @ unitready _man
   _man switchmove ""
   exit

this works better

Zay out
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2003, 14:40:04 by Zayfod »
"I have come here to kick ass and chew bubble gum......an I'm all outta bubble gum!"

supergruntsb78

« Reply #47 on: 19 Mar 2003, 15:07:22 »
i tried the v7 rappel  and its nice  very very nice  only one prob though   spray.sqs???????  somewhere down the line it says  cant find spray.sqs   now the question is   what the ...... is spray.sqs?

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
« Reply #48 on: 20 Mar 2003, 01:48:26 »
somewhere down the line it says  cant find spray.sqs   now the question is   what the ...... is spray.sqs?

Oooops my fault.

Youve downloaded the single player script from above called (rappel v7) and not (MP_Rappel_v7)

I put up (rappel v7) for snypir to integrate into his SP\MP spt pack and I left a line in it by mistake.  :-[

just open up the rappel.sqs from the rappelv7 zip file and remove this line.

Code: [Select]
_helo addeventhandler ["fired", {[_helogunner select 0, _helo select 0]  exec "spray.sqs"}]

then all should be ok.

Ill or u can just re download the file cause Ill fix it now ;D

BTW the above (rappelv7) zip file doesnt use the cool new animation (did this on purpose just for testing) --the MP version does.

Thanks for you comments too. Glad u like it  ;D

Snypir has done an amazing job of fix all the MP bugs.

Zay out

Offline Terame

• Members
  • Nice one OFPEC
    • http://fantasyscifi.com/main/ fantasy scifi sci-fi
« Reply #49 on: 20 Mar 2003, 02:49:38 »
Oooops my fault.

Youve downloaded the single player script from above called (rappel v7) and not (MP_Rappel_v7)

I put up (rappel v7) for snypir to integrate into his SP\MP spt pack and I left a line in it by mistake.  :-[

just open up the rappel.sqs from the rappelv7 zip file and remove this line.

_helo addeventhandler ["fired", {[_helogunner select 0, _helo select 0]  exec "spray.sqs"}]

then all should be ok.

Ill or u can just re download the file cause Ill fix it now ;D

BTW the above (rappelv7) zip file doesnt use the cool new animation (did this on purpose just for testing) --the MP version does.

Thanks for you comments too. Glad u like it  ;D

Snypir has done an amazing job of fix all the MP bugs.

Zay out

DOH! I am sooo confused now - what is the correct URL for the file please?

thanks in advance
You can travel to infinity though the endless passages of the cosmos. Even
better this belongs to you. This is your mind

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
« Reply #50 on: 20 Mar 2003, 03:16:55 »
terame :)

this is the latest single player version of the script. It doesnt have a rope and it doesnt use the new animation. i posted this only for snypir to study and turn it into a MP version with rope and new animation.

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/attachments/Rappel_v7.zip

This is my attempt to make the new rappel version into MP version. It is ONLY scripts and doesnt include a test map. It requires the JSDFcustomanim.pbo addon (not included in the zip) I posted this to try and help snypir solve the MP switchmove issue because snypir has reported that the latest MP rappel version 6  has a bug related to the switchmove being seen on all clients.

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/attachments/MP_rappel_V7.zip

Pls stand by for update. You are welcome to test these if you like but they are not proven and were posted mainly for snypir to look at.

cheers

Zay out

supergruntsb78

« Reply #51 on: 20 Mar 2003, 14:59:05 »
i changed the file already with the new animations and it works like a charm  ;D

(i havn't got the support pack going like i want to this script works very for me  :-\ :-\ :-\ (until i figured the sup pack out ) )

as again  like love this rappel script (sup pack is a master piece but i explained why its not used yet) ;D

greetings supergrunt

supergruntsb78

« Reply #52 on: 20 Mar 2003, 17:13:49 »
it looked like it went well  but now the chopper waits forever to fly off (it does not fly off)  ( go you ugly chopper guy you are giving away my postion  >:( )

Offline Zayfod

• ECP Team
« Reply #53 on: 20 Mar 2003, 21:48:52 »
supergruntsb78

try making the fourth parameter in the execution line smaller. In below example the fourth parameter is 10.

["initialise",[group leadername],heloname, 1, 10] exec "rappel.sqs"

try making it 2 or 1 or 0 like this

["initialise",[group leadername],heloname, 1, 2] exec "rappel.sqs"

this will decrease the time the chopper waits after drop is complete.

Im gonna be away for a few days but will try to check in from remote computer. I wont be able to test any thing but Ill try and keep u guys updated.

Zay out

« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2003, 21:50:44 by Zayfod »

supergruntsb78

« Reply #54 on: 21 Mar 2003, 00:28:43 »
have fun on your few days out  ;)

and thanks will try the setting right now

Joe_1911

« Reply #55 on: 22 Mar 2003, 04:24:29 »
Hmmm...

I am having slight trouble with this script too....

The rope goes down, 1 guy goes down the rope, then the chopper sits there until its time is up then it flys away with AI still in the chopper....

this is in MP btw

I'm rather new to scripting, I have no idea what is causing it....
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2003, 14:45:02 by Joe_1911 »

bmgarcangel

« Reply #56 on: 22 Mar 2003, 04:42:12 »
The Script is GREAT!!! :o
I've already used it now in one of my Resistance mission that is going to be in my new campaign and I love it.  Much better than the older ones.   Thanks alot!

Cpl. Vagabond

« Reply #57 on: 28 Mar 2003, 14:30:36 »
hey i'm using the MP version but i've got the rappel going on radio commands (for pilots) and action(for all group members) but sometimes i found that i could kill every team member but eerytime i killed the groupleader he would respawn (with just m16 & 30 rounds) can you help me fix this problem and i'm trying to find a rappel that will work with one script command where the passengers/gunner can rappel with an action and make the remove an action once they leave the helicopter and what about the idea of having 2 ropes coming from each side of the chopper and 2 guys going down the ropes, mainly cause it's quicker and i don't want to have 2 guys on the same rope @ the same time.

but the biggest shock came to me when i saw that my friends couldn't repel onto the rooftops because it's would put them around the building instead of ontop of it.

Cpl. Vagabond

« Reply #58 on: 29 Mar 2003, 08:50:35 »
OK i've fixed the re-spawn problem and then one where every1 tryed to go down the rope @ the same time.

But can anyone help me  solve the problem with the Rappel onto a roof bit, i'd really like it if i could reppel onto a roof/ship/any object instead of spawning on the floor

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
« Reply #59 on: 30 Mar 2003, 06:37:01 »
ok, i am back at it again with the rappel script. the MP methodology i used was wrong, zay :-[

i have worked out a way to do it, and it is in 1.19 of the support pack.

i will now try and make a MP version that uses the new anim and rope, and also is v7.

stopping the chopper at a certain location - you need to use very advanced chopper movement scripts to do this. luckily, i have one of those too.

i'll be back...
Bohemia Interactive Simulations