Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Tricky Flagfight  (Read 1085 times)

CDNfearme

Tricky Flagfight
« on: 04 Mar 2003, 08:03:01 »
I am so lost now! I was this close to completing the flagfight & artillery. Got the flag working for both sides, only a matter of inserting the artillery trigger, unit, & script. Then she went to hell in a handbasket! >:( Nothing would work as it should. Couldn't drop off flag, no sound for flag capture, show flagowner, show score, no artillery.....NOTHIN'!!!
   There are 17 scripts including the desc, sqm, & paa. Most are short. The simplest problems are often the hardest problems. LOL
    If anyone's got the time I'd surely appreciate the help! ;D

I will attach all files in a .zip format, look here for stragglers as some were too big to send at once. Uscore file too big 64 kb avail in 1-10 team flagfight.
« Last Edit: 06 Mar 2003, 00:18:54 by CDNfearme »

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
Re:Tricky Flagfight
« Reply #1 on: 04 Mar 2003, 13:53:21 »
Hey there, CDNfearme

The secret to getting the Take Flag action to pop up is nothing to do with the addaction command.

What you're after is the setflagside command.
If you use a line like:

flag setflagside east

Then west units will get the action "Take Flag" when close to flag.
You can replace the east with west in the above line, and east units will be able to "Take the flag" ;)

Hope that helps you out some...

CDNfearme

« Reply #2 on: 04 Mar 2003, 19:41:01 »
Hey Sui, thanks for the speedy response. However, the flagside is set to resistance in order that both east & west can take it. It works fine in the 1-10 Teamflagfight but when I duplicate it EXACTLY.... it wont work. I am thinking maybe the artillery script may have something to do with not enabling one side to take flag. If interested in seeing the scripts let me know , there are too many to post. ??? :-\

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #3 on: 05 Mar 2003, 00:19:56 »
Hmm...

Just bear in mind that I'm far from an expert as far as MP mission making is concerned, but if I were you I'd check the init lines of your flags (or where ever you set their flagside).

I'm pretty sure that the only thing that would effect it like that would be (somewhere) setting the flag to east or west, instead of resistance... ;)