Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: tired... fubar..  (Read 402 times)

Offline andersson

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
tired... fubar..
« on: 28 Feb 2003, 12:55:30 »
IÂ'm getting seriously tired of the misssioneditor. IÂ've been making missions for over a year but everytime IÂ'm trying to make a serious attempt there is bugs(?)...

This is not the first time I give up a mission.

Right now IÂ'm making a ranger mission and I have three uh60 that is supposed to drop of three groups of rangers. the first one just fine. The second one... First the chopper fly to another position far away from anything that is wp.. Then I try different unlogical stuff like moving around waypoints, delete and make a new chopper and so on. Yes! It follows the waypoint to the transport unload wp. But...? Nothing happens, it just hover there... Nothing helps. unassignvehicle and so on... Too much time spent on that drop...
I freshly installed ofp tonight, just to be sure. But no.

Why?

IÂ'm way beyond angry. All I feel is an uncomfortable stillness in my mind.    

Sorry for all these negative waves but I just had to get it out.

IÂ'm gonna turn of my computer and slowly walk to a safe distance. Then IÂ'm going for a long run with a 20kg backpack.

To all of you, have a nice weekend.

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
Re:tired... fubar..
« Reply #1 on: 28 Feb 2003, 13:05:58 »
I have no right answer for you because handling choppers in ofp is a biaz. However I'm convinsed that with a serious effort and lots of tears you can get them to work. I spend on my last mission which includes 5 choppers about 100 beta testing hours.

So, get yourself to the editors depot and find snYpir's chopper landings scripts and use them  ;)
Not all is lost.

Offline andersson

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Re:tired... fubar..
« Reply #2 on: 28 Feb 2003, 14:56:21 »
IÂ'm back!!

1 hour, 8 km , 20 kg later IÂ'm ready to take a look at snYpirÂ's script.

ThankÂ's Artak for the knowledge that IÂ'm not alone!