Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Frosty's World War Two Pack - Check it out  (Read 2108 times)

Frosty

Frosty's World War Two Pack - Check it out
« on: 12 Feb 2003, 06:57:08 »
Okay, before all you snitches start yelling ""OMG, this is illegal. ILLEGAL. ARGH, MODERATER, WE NEED A MODERATER HERE. Beelzebub incarnate"" here ME out.

This is MY WWII Pack using your WWII stuff. I will not release it until I get your permission. There is so much great content out there in the Flashpoint webspace, but most of it is unrealistic (no offence - I just meant stuff like Soldier loadouts, a US Rifleman had 10 M1 clips and 2 grenades, not 6 clips and 4 grens) and if one downloads a mission, he will also have to download about 25/26 different addons. My pack is a compilation, approximately three pbos at the moment (US, German and objects). They go under the class of Allied - US xxxxxx and Axis - German xxxxxx (where xxxxxx is either infantry, vehicles or objects). The objects are mainly AWOL and GFXs fortifications and bunkers

This pack is sort of an interim until I44 release their demo. I will list the contents of it, please read all of this post before you bag me.

US Weapons:
Colt M1911A1
Springfield M1903A3/A4 (normal and sniper)
M1 Rifle (also with M17 rifle grenade)
M1/A1 Carbine (normal and para)
M1928/M1/M1A1 Thompson SMG
M3/M3A1 Grease Gun SMG
M1918A1/A2 BAR (normal and full auto)
M1919A4/A6 .30 Cal (pistol grip and rifle stock)
M1A1/M9/M9A1 Bazooka (different characteristics)
Mk 2/A1 Hand Grenade
M15 White Smoke Grenade
M16 Colored Smoke Grenade (Yellow and Violet)

German Weapons:
Luger Pistole 08 (P08)
Walter Pistole 38 (P38)
Karabiner 98K (normal, sniper, and gewehr granate)
Gewehr 43 (normal and sniper)
Maschinen Pistole 40 (MP40)
Sturmgewehr 44 (StG44)
Maschinen Gewehr 34 (MG34)
Maschinen Gewehr 42 (MG42)
Panzerfaust 30/60/100
StielhandGranate 24
... other misc german grenades (mainly stolen from other countries during blitzkrieg)
I'm sure theres more, cannot remember it off the top of my head.

Theres also armor and aircraft, which I will not list right now (takes up too much space)
But, theres infantry:
American:                      German:

Infantry                          Wehrmacht
Rangers                          Waffen SS
82d Airborne                   Landser (i know there not real*)
101st Airborne

* Landser was the german nickname for german rifleman, akin to grunt and doughboy for the Yanks, so Landser wasn't really a subsection of the German Heer (army)
And there is also plenty of realism in this, eg. german names for their classes - Grenadier, MG-Shutze, Unteroffizer; and offical names for the americans - Rifleman, Automatic Rifleman, Sergeant.

I know this post sounds kind of disjointed, but I assure you, this pack is great, small (only 45 mb compressed), however it is incomplete. It will not be released until I get permission from Invasion 1944, the WWIIEC, Marcel, Stopplehoser, AWOL, GFX, and all the other fab people who have made WWII stuff.

I post this mainly to inform everybody of my work, and if they have any ideas, suggestions, even flaming (even though I have already contemplated every single line you could flame me with) they would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: 12 Feb 2003, 07:01:19 by Frosty »

Marss911

Re:Frosty's World War Two Pack - Check it out
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2003, 07:18:49 »
MmmmMMMmmMM... lets see. What do i need 2 say now. O yes
You got mine ;-)

Marcel

Frosty

« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2003, 07:33:53 »
Marss, addons I have used from you are your higgens boat (updated), willy jeeps x3, M34 truck & C47 (updated manoueverability - all the problem was was different animations and aileron sensitiveity.)

Marss911

« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2003, 09:18:24 »
Ahaa ok... wel the C-47 is pretty old one :)
hehehe

Marcel

Black Magic

« Reply #4 on: 12 Feb 2003, 10:21:35 »
Hrm seems ok an idea I suppose. As for using our addons (WWIIEC), I'm in no position to say yes or no, but contact Vibes of the team who's addon team leader and ask him.

Offline DrStrangelove

• Members
  • Mr.Creative
« Reply #5 on: 15 Feb 2003, 11:40:15 »
The idea to compile a big package of ww2 resources for the community is very good i think. It's a bit of work after all so ppl should be thankfull that somebody wants to do it.

However, problems could arise with ww2 resources that ppl already have installed now (double addons) and handling of versions (updates or complete addon exchange would result in the need to download the huge package all over again).

Anyway, wish u luck.  :)

Jonstyle

« Reply #6 on: 15 Feb 2003, 12:56:41 »
Can't you just e-mail all the makers to get their permission?  It does'nt seem like they've taken much notice from this post, except Marcel...
I'm very interested:)

Frosty

« Reply #7 on: 15 Feb 2003, 23:15:52 »
The idea to compile a big package of ww2 resources for the community is very good i think. It's a bit of work after all so ppl should be thankfull that somebody wants to do it.

However, problems could arise with ww2 resources that ppl already have installed now (double addons) and handling of versions (updates or complete addon exchange would result in the need to download the huge package all over again).

Anyway, wish u luck.  :)

Thank you for that reassuring quote. But with double addons, there wont be any conflict, oh no, because i am being very careful. They are in new pbos with new tag (eg wwii_m4sherman). I may change wwii_ to something else later.

Commando

« Reply #8 on: 18 Feb 2003, 00:18:23 »
Sounds like a very good idea because i haven't downloaded any ww2 missions or addons because you have to have tons of them to play a mission but hey I used to push in as many addons in my missions to but after a lan a while ago I had to make 3 cd-r's with all addons + missions and stuff ... :P so a big addon pack is a very good idea and its good if you make special sections in the editor like west->ww2_pack->men,armour,objects,air yeah and so on  ;)
then you don't have to scroll through 100 000 addons to get that specific soldier or so :P
I wish you all the luck in getting in touch with all the addon authors.

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #9 on: 21 Feb 2003, 16:58:29 »
I, myself, an admin at WW2EC do not really wish to have our units released in a pack made by someone outside of our Team. It's a great idea, but we would like to release and host our own addons. You speak of changing tags and stuff, I did not like that idea. Sorry. My stance from WW2EC is that, although it's a great idea, we release our own units. I can't speak for the rest of the admin though.

Offline punisher

• Members
« Reply #10 on: 22 Feb 2003, 14:41:36 »
hi
Can i get the a link to the new higgens boat cos i reely need it for a normandy mission.Just realease the pack with the addons that you are aloud to use and leeve out the ones you do not have permission to use.
The Gimp clan- pushing the limits of OFP
http://www.youtube.com/user/Pigdogmeat

Oddball

« Reply #11 on: 23 Feb 2003, 21:47:03 »
That seems kind of selfish, soldier. Just my opinion. No one makes money of these things. Everyone should be allowed to enjoy them!

Soldier8Boy

« Reply #12 on: 24 Feb 2003, 05:53:50 »
They are, get them at our site.

Offline punisher

• Members
« Reply #13 on: 24 Feb 2003, 18:26:43 »
Where ?
i have searched the vehicle addons and no higgins boat!
The Gimp clan- pushing the limits of OFP
http://www.youtube.com/user/Pigdogmeat

Astatine

« Reply #14 on: 24 Feb 2003, 20:59:07 »
There hasnt been a new Higgens yet released, but i cant wait for the new one.....