Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: N00b question  (Read 1476 times)

Teryan

N00b question
« on: 20 Feb 2003, 00:16:12 »
I have a real love for the sniper rifles, but none have ever really made me happy.  I know some C++, have experence with MilkShape and not a clue in hell how to make a weapon mod.

Here is what i want:
It's an M-40A3
A bolt action (i guess that means that slower shots between each one) rifle.
A 10X (fixed power) scope.
A stronger bullet that will kill in one shot 9/10 time.  
Be able to place bullet holes that touch @500m (after 5 second of rest).
Bullet drop that is accurate to life (as mutch as possible):
100m   200m  300m (zero) 400m    500m  600m  700m
+5"       +6"       zero         -14"     -38"   -73"     -121"

I want it to be horrible innuracte (that means a lot of scope drift) wile standing.  be able to hit chest size @ 200m
Less than normal accurace wile crouching.  hit chest size @ 400m
Very accurate wile prone. Hit chest @ 1200m

I want the recoil to be left up after it shoots. So the sniper has to bring the cross hairs down him self.

I have noticed that with all the sniper rifles that after your run the bullets start going down and to the left.  They never re-center no matter how long you sit/prone/stand in one place.  Is there a way to have it that after you run, the bullets go off to the side than after a wile of being in one spot they go back to there original bullet placement?

The scope:  I really dont like eather one of the current sprite for the scopes.  I want a mil-dot one (http://www.swfa.com/mildot/index.html).  And here is where it get really hard:  I want it to be able to mesure ranges based on the people standing.  Just like in real life.  But I dont think that the people in game are scaled accurate to the real world so the mil-dot sites cant do everything.  So i will stick to range finding for a standing person only.  How would I make a sprite for the scope?  Any suggestions about how i could easily implement the range finding into the scope? (i think i have a way, but it is foggy.)

Then the modle.
I can make decent modles for H/L, but i'm not shure that does not  means mutch here.  What is the poly limit (or advised limit) for OPF?  I've noticed that there is no annimations that have things on the gun moving... why?  What importer/exporter is out there for OPF & MilkShape? (If you could please point me to a modle tutorial, i would be great full  :)).

Ok, that is what i want.  Now, how the hell do i do it?
I tried searching for tutorials, but they got me lost.

For the compiler, would any C++ compiler work?  or is there something else.  I have tried to compile the .cpp with a C++ compiler, that come with some mods but it does not work.  What am i forgetting?  ???

Any and all help is greatfully thanked!

registered_fugitiv

Re:N00b question
« Reply #1 on: 20 Feb 2003, 04:18:50 »
ok dude heres a site for a tutorial http://ofp.info/brsseb/
but most of the stuff u mention like magnification and how slow it reloads the bullets is to do wit the config and some of it cant be done sorry
also if u have made and M40A3 in milkshape thier are ways to get it into o2
« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2003, 04:20:57 by registered_fugitiv »

Teryan

« Reply #2 on: 20 Feb 2003, 06:29:20 »
Thanks mutch.

What parts of it can't be done?
How can i convert from .ms3d to (what ever the opf extension is)?

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #3 on: 20 Feb 2003, 08:22:25 »
um i cant really remember wat cant be done :-\
well its quite simple to get it into oxygen u export the model in milkshape as .3ds then u load it into a program that can import and export 3d studio files (search for anim8tor or deep exploration) save it as a .3ds again (for some reason o2 dosnt like milkshape saved .3ds files) then import into oxygen
and the name for a ofp model is a p3d ;)

Teryan

« Reply #4 on: 20 Feb 2003, 23:23:15 »
Ok, thx.

I have been wondering; is it possible for there to be mutple ammo's for one gun?  Like having standard ammo, tracer ammo, AA(anit armor) ammo?

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #5 on: 20 Feb 2003, 23:44:16 »
yea i think there is ways of having multiple ammo for a gun
its just once again defined in the config