Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] City of the Dead (BAS D/R)  (Read 17329 times)

The Avon Lady

Re:City of the Dead (w/BAS's Delta/Ranger addon!)
« Reply #45 on: 16 Mar 2003, 15:31:11 »
Haste makes waste.

You forgot a README file. ::)

The Avon Lady

« Reply #46 on: 16 Mar 2003, 15:36:48 »
More haste makes waste:

Intro plays and then get error message "MISSING ADDON Objects1" and bounce back to OFP's menu. :(

Please don't use Kegetys' outdated Objects files.

asmodeus

« Reply #47 on: 16 Mar 2003, 23:54:35 »
Thanks   ;D

I always said "haste makes paste" but that's just my weirdness.  (I really didn't rush this, I started it almost a year ago!)   ;)

I never knew what was causing that objects1.pbo to show up in my missions, so today I just depbo'd it and looked at the .cpp...  It's the darn trees and bushes!  

So I replaced those with the renamed ones in Editorupdate 102 (couldn't find the same ones I was using, but it still works)  And I tried it out without the objects1 in my addons and it works fine now.  Thanks for pointing that out Avon!  

About the readme...  I didn't make one yet since it's still beta...  I consider the beta thread itself to be a sort of Readme while the mission is in beta phase.  (tells addons required, description of the mission, all that jazz)

So... I didn't do one for this version, but I will for the next version!  (and all you beta testers will be mentioned of course!)

So, the corrected version without the objects1.pbo requirement is at the same link:

http://home.earthlink.net/~jehning1/COD.zip

Thanks!   ;D

Asmo

asmodeus

« Reply #48 on: 22 Mar 2003, 06:30:20 »
Hello everyone!

Anybody had the chance to beat this yet and make sure everything works??

I especially need to make sure the chopper extraction works correctly now that I'm using snYpir's great fast chopper landing script.  I have played through it many times, without any problems, but I had played through the previous version many times without any probs too..   ::)   ;)

Thanks!

Asmo   ;D
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2003, 06:34:26 by Asmodeus »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #49 on: 22 Mar 2003, 12:18:05 »
ill test it soon ;D (2day tomoz or wenever da war shock stops ::))

*wears his NBC mask nd hopes 4 beta dayz

:cheers:

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

asmodeus

« Reply #50 on: 22 Mar 2003, 13:02:19 »
Thanks LCD!   :)

Whoa man, I hope things are over quick and clean over there.    

I'm buyin a round for you and all your friends after this is over.  (hope I have a job by the time you and your friends come over to collect)   ::)   ;)   :P

Asmo

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #51 on: 22 Mar 2003, 13:07:31 »
lol

u beter (beta ;D) have money cuz we wil come lots (after all free beer is not somin 2 waste ;D)  - u dont have 2 b v good friend 2come nd get free beer  ::)  :P  ;D (J/K ill bring only 1000 ppl ;D)

LCD OUT

The Avon Lady

« Reply #52 on: 22 Mar 2003, 19:05:26 »
I'm buyin a round for you and all your friends after this is over.
Quit your stalling tactics. >:(

Our new mask models come with drinking straws. ;D

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #53 on: 22 Mar 2003, 19:12:02 »
but we r not allowed 2 drink nythin but water thro em :P

and i like his stalling tactics. ::) nd he is free 2 gimme beer wenever he wants :P

LCD OUT

asmodeus

« Reply #54 on: 24 Mar 2003, 20:54:54 »
lol

@LCD

It'd be fun to have a party w/ 1000 of your friends LCD!  You fly 'em over here, I'll buy the beer!   ;)

@everyone

Ok... I'll buy anyone (of age) a 12 pack of their favorite beer if they beta this mission for me and make sure it's ready for release...   Regardless of whether or not they have to wear an NBC mask!   ;)  

:cheers:

If you're not of age, I'll buy you a nudy magazine or something...   ;)   ;)

Asmo

P.S>  Stalling tactics?   ::)  

Kaliyuga

« Reply #55 on: 24 Mar 2003, 21:39:40 »
 I played it a little bit last night before I went to sleep...... and I'll give it another play when I get home from classes tonight ;)

One thing I noticed is that....  I snuck up and took out two of the hunters hiding on the edge of the woods at the start with my silent weapon from behind.... and they never had a clue I was coming....  and yet.. when I shot them both the alarm went off ???

Is it set off when those guys die? or did someone see me somehow?

just a question in my mind...  

I pretty much went into the city and headed straight for the building with the computers in it ....    never really made it in.. but i only played for a few minutes....  before going back to work on my mission

asmodeus

« Reply #56 on: 24 Mar 2003, 22:52:41 »
Thanks Kali!  

About the alarm.. It's dependent upon either the Res or East forces seeing you.  ;)  I bet it was a sniper in a bush or somethin.   (tricky SOB's)  ::)   ;)

Yeah, I've tried running straight for that building (from every direction) too.. Never got very far either.   ;)  (which is good, I'm glad the same thing happened to you cause that's how it should be)   ;)

Thanks for the info!

Asmo

The Avon Lady

« Reply #57 on: 25 Mar 2003, 05:11:04 »
About the alarm.. It's dependent upon either the Res or East forces seeing you.  ;)  I bet it was a sniper in a bush or somethin.
Maybe you should do away with the alarm. I mean, it's a miracle the town's air raid siren made it through in one piece after the intro! ;D

Makabi

« Reply #58 on: 25 Mar 2003, 06:59:22 »
*Is having trouble waiting till saturday to get Resistance* I wanna test this, it sounds awesome  :o

asmodeus

« Reply #59 on: 25 Mar 2003, 08:48:23 »
@ Avon

lol  :)   but... Miracles do happen!  Mebbe it's a guy w/ a bullhorn that just came out of his fox hole?   ::)   ;)   :P

And they communicate that the alarm needs to be raised with cheapo radio hack walkie talkies...    ::)  

@ Makabi

Cool!  Resistance is a big step up IMO!  You'll be downloading addons and updates for days!   :o  

I look forward to hearing what you think of this mission!   ;D

Asmo