Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Addons Idea  (Read 1325 times)

Stinky_Cracker

Addons Idea
« on: 02 Feb 2003, 16:38:46 »
Now I dont know if this idea has been mentioned or not but im going to give my 2 cents anyway. I think that the devs for ofp should make an ultimate weapon upgrade where they make areound 10-50 new weapons including the OICW (which wont be released around 2006). I am just sick and tired of seeing some pretty bad weapons addons, though there are a few good ones out there. So this is my thoughts about it now how about yours.

Skaircro

Re:Addons Idea
« Reply #1 on: 02 Feb 2003, 18:53:14 »
Although that would be pretty cool, I imagine the developers have there hands full with other things to worry about making a weapons pack.

Thats what oxygen + a dedicated community of addon makers is for.

bigdog632

« Reply #2 on: 05 Feb 2003, 05:17:31 »
they have the OICW its pretty cool
but it is kinda a one sided ware if ya arm your guys with it and leave the ruskies to thier aks
if i find the link to it ill reply again

Mr_Shady

« Reply #3 on: 11 Feb 2003, 23:53:49 »
Until the batteries run out or you drop the thing. At that point Ivan will saunter over and just shoot you in the face with his AK.

I'm a big fan of the AK myself, it's probably the most reliable and rugged weapon in the world, it works full of sand and mud, you can smash it over things and it won't break, jamming is very infrequent and a monkey could field-strip it. Now compare that to the OICW which requires at least four degrees and a battery the size of a small Carribean island to work (and probably weighs a bloody ton too), and wonder why I'm stroking an AK47 with a crazy grin on my face  ;D

Homefry31464

« Reply #4 on: 15 Feb 2003, 17:49:11 »
The OICW should be an amazing weapon, but i do agree with others, there are alot of problems developing it. When I went to the Gulf, i personally liked the M4. It didn't seem to jam too much. A couple of the guys in my squad used Ak's, and they never jammed. The reason i didn't use the AK was the poor accuracy. Anyway, isn't CWC and Resistance set in the 1980's?  Still would be nice to see though.

bigdog632

« Reply #5 on: 17 Feb 2003, 21:30:33 »
i saw a demo of the oicw im guessing it was just a model but the thing looks kinda ugly not something i would wanna carry
i saw a crew served weapon with similar technology
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/ocsw.htm
25mm to replace the mk19 and the 50 i believe
however i dont think anything int he near future will replace the 50, if they do instead of scrapping it send me one ;)

Vyper

« Reply #6 on: 18 Feb 2003, 18:59:17 »
The crew served weapon is the OCSW (Objective crew served weapon) and here is a picture for your pleasure

Vyper