Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: (Review Completed) [SP] Operation LoJack 2  (Read 15879 times)

Offline Arctic

• Members
  • In Utero
Re:Operation LoJack 2 (with BAS Rangers!)
« Reply #45 on: 01 Mar 2003, 04:03:00 »
I got the missing addons bis_resistance as well... and I am using v1.90  ???

I'm almost done running through the mission. Everything looks really well, I just want to play it once more b4 I post any suggestions for improvement.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #46 on: 01 Mar 2003, 07:29:55 »
kool

just tried it and it all goes prety kool ;d but dere r som minor bugs  :-\

bugs/comments list

1) intro : dere is a point were da cam is from da players eyes (switchcamera ?) i like da effect on da first time - but on da sec timelike dat i dont like da effect  :-\
2) breifing : (realy minor - dont even read ;D) it looks like da landing zone is close 2 a military instalition - 1 of da places more likle 4 da militia 2 b in (even if not kown) - move it lil (after all it wont change nothing)
3) dere r no silenced glock mags 9and dere is silenced glock weaponselection)
4) i want da acc time option back :P - deres a lot of runing dere
5) wen im close 2 da prisioner - da sound play very fast cusing lag  :o realy - i cudnt shot
6)
the team's medic (if he is alive ) automatically runs to the hostage and heals him.
- he didnt heal him (but da man did take weapon)
7) im stil not listed in da beta testing

btw it was stil easy - da grouplink was stil off ?

LCD OUT

[edit] anoder thing is wen i was evaced from dere - i was standing exactly on da point so da choper landed bout 200m far from dere - so i started runing and half da way i ordered my squad 2 board it so it flied and landed again on da point - mebe u should make it sowen its landed it stayz landed ;D
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2003, 10:33:50 by LCD »
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Ace

« Reply #47 on: 01 Mar 2003, 18:32:16 »
Hiya Toadlife.
Let me start by saying this may be the most fun mission i have ever played.

i won't bore you with the good points and I'll move straight onto the bad points.

1.) in real life, When the chopper is shot down, a search team would be sent out to look for pirsoners or finish the job. This would be good in Operation Lojack too because there is little combat until you get to the base.

2.) I actually didn't see one moving unit while playing. They were all stationery, maybe some should be moving (good for when you get to the camp, because there you have 6 soldiers standing deadly still. it would be harder if some were moving and some came up behind you)

3.) Yeah like other people have said, its easy. But I don't particuarly mind. again no evidence of group link

4.) the first rule for behind enemy lines work is avoid the roads. But not here, it seems that the roads are actually the safest place to be! I'd like to see some patrols and trucks of men

That'll do for now. OK, i will mention one good point.

I loved the outro, it was fan-dabby-dozie!

P.S I too got the addon error at the beginning? I don't have 1.91 and have never experienced anything like it before. Is it the BAS rangers addon?
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2003, 18:33:36 by Ace »

Offline Arctic

• Members
  • In Utero
« Reply #48 on: 01 Mar 2003, 18:59:05 »
Ok! I played this mission twice!

I agree that some of the camps are easy, especially camp 6.  :-\ I hid under the tree just to the west (i think) of the camp and killed them all with a hand grenade an the M4 ACOG on auto. And all by myself!

Here are my comments:

1) Intro- Good, but like LCD said, the second switchcamera is sorta annoying b/c it only shows the rest of the militant group running up.

2) The chopper sometimes crashes in the trees and starts bouncing.

3) One of my soldiers in my group mysteriously "died" during the insertion. This only happened my second time playing it. I know we didnt insert into enemy fire, and no one called out, "Damn 3 is down."

4) Some of the camps are too easy

5)I sometimes have difficulty differing the hostage from the enemy units and I have often given him a head shot from my ACOG.

In the orginal Lojack, you always had the hostage in that tent. That would be helpful, especially in some camps.

6) On my second time playing the mission, my group was really slow and I out ran them. When I secured the camp (camp 6), the hostage ran all the way down to the medic, then had to run all the way up to get the weapon b4 he could join my group.
 --That was sort of annoying to me...

7) What happend to acc time?

8) The outro was awesome! :p i had fun watching it... maybe u should add some game-music after Blandest ends so that its not just silence?

I loved the mission and it has def. been enhanced over the old version.

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFP Editing Center Toad
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #49 on: 01 Mar 2003, 21:45:05 »
wow. Lots of good feedback there. ;)

* I like the intro -- im not chaging it!   ;D

* I'm going to make it so the UAZ that gets sent out to investigate the crash keeps following the group. Also the men at the camp will keep following the group - to a point. This will make things more interesting at the start.

* As for the chopper boucing on the trees, thats one of the 10,000 annoying OFP bugs. I can try changing the script that detects when to cause the chopper to crash. Instead of using an @ command, I'll use a fast loop. This might make the point that the chopper crashes be more exact.

* I changed the ejection routine so that they eject faster. This probbaly contributed to the guy dying during ejection. I'll go ahead an put it back to the way it was before.  :-X

maybe u should add some game-music after Blandest ends so that its not just silence?

You should have waited a few more seconds. There is one more little suprise after the music ends.  ;)  -- See if you can guess who it is.

I sometimes have difficulty differing the hostage from the enemy units and I have often given him a head shot from my ACOG.

Ahhh too baaad!  :P ;D

2.) I actually didn't see one moving unit while playing. They were all stationery, maybe some should be moving (good for when you get to the camp, because there you have 6 soldiers standing deadly still. it would be harder if some were moving and some came up behind you)

This is a good idea. In the coop version, when you selected the highest diffiilty level, there were small patrol groups that walked around the various camps. I'll throw some small groups on the map (2 or 3 guys) that patrol the perimeter aound every camp. This will make things much more interesting.

the first rule for behind enemy lines work is avoid the roads. But not here, it seems that the roads are actually the safest place to be! I'd like to see some patrols and trucks of men

There are 3 large trucks filled a with men who patrol the island via the roads. The routs they pick are random....so perhaps you can see why sometimes you wont encounter any. As a rule, avoiding the road in the mission IS a good idea, becuase even the groud based patrol groups stay close to roads. There are some changes I've made to the grouplink script that I need to change back. One of the them is the delay between them detecting you and when they call for backup. As it is now the delay is toooo long. This is causing no backup to be called at all, since you guys are killing the entire group too quickly. :)

Adding the small patrol groups around the camps as well as putting the grouplink script should increase the action.

I too got the addon error at the beginning? I don't have 1.91 and have never experienced anything like it before. Is it the BAS rangers addon?

I'm gonna have to go through the mission, gather all of the addons used and manually insert them into the mission.sqm file. It appears that if you use an addon in your mission, and it's not listed in the addons section of your mission.sqm it will throw you an error even if you HAVE the addon.

As for the acctime being turned off, I like this option. It's realistic. :)

wen im close 2 da prisioner - da sound play very fast cusing lag   realy - i cudnt shot

What are the specs of your computer?

"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #50 on: 02 Mar 2003, 00:37:50 »
da specs r

1400 Mhz, 768 Ram, Geforce4 MX 440 w 64

but it laged - and den i had 2 restart and wen i resterted it stoped

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #51 on: 02 Mar 2003, 01:42:25 »
strange. Your specs seem ok.

Anyway, I fixed the issue with the missing addons issues. The mission editor doesn't automatically put in addons that are avaiable to you via the description.ext. I manually placed them in the mission.sqm and the problem went away.

I'm added small extra patrol groups around each camp and the base, and I tweaked the grouplink script so they call for backup immeidately when they spot you. I played it and the action is alot better now.

I also added the new beta tester to the outro. :)

"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

The Avon Lady

« Reply #52 on: 02 Mar 2003, 09:49:25 »
I am lost in the posts and download links here.

Is this an SP or coop version or both?

What is the link to the latest beta copy?

When was it last updated?

Are there more beta updates scheduled?

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #53 on: 02 Mar 2003, 09:59:00 »
Is this an SP or coop version or both?

Single Player. The coop version has been out for awhile, and is here:
http://toadlife.net/ofp/operation_lojack_coop.php

What is the link to the latest beta copy?

First BETA I posted is here (4.8MB):
http://toadlife.net/ofp/downloads/missions/operation_lojack_new.zip

The patch that updates the above file is here (105kb):
http://toadlife.net/ofp/downloads/missions/lojack_test_patch.exe

When was it last updated?
About 1 minute ago, but I havent posted that version yet yet. ;)

Are there more beta updates scheduled?
Maybe one more, but I might not post another, as I'm very close to wrapping it up.

Perhaps you can consider it for your "mission of the moment" thingy. :)
« Last Edit: 02 Mar 2003, 11:08:11 by toadlife »

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #54 on: 02 Mar 2003, 11:06:34 »
Ok guys one more BETA.

There are lots of changes to make the mission MUCH more difficult.

CHANGED: Hostage's captive status is now removed as soon as the camp detects you!

CHANGED: Hostage grabs a gun and joins the group more quickly now.

CHANGED: Variables for the Grouplink script. Enemies now call for backup immediately.

CHANGED: Ejection sequence just a bit.

ADDED: Small (2 or 3 men) patrol groups around each camp and the base.

FIXED: onplayerdeath script: error when player is only person left in group and dies.

Second patch for those who allready downloaded the original BETA and first patch(100KB):
http://toadlife.net/ofp/downloads/missions/lojack_test_patch_2.exe

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #55 on: 05 Mar 2003, 20:04:11 »
Ok. I'm done....Two versions:

Standard Version - No Addons Required
http://toadlife.net/ofp/downloads/missions/operation_lojack_2_standard.zip

BAS Version - BAS Rangers Required
http://toadlife.net/ofp/downloads/missions/operation_lojack_2_BAS.zip

I would like a couple of people to download each and let me know if they get any obvious *earthshattering*  errors, like missing addon errors.

I tested the standard version myself, by loading it up with all custom addons removed, and didn't recive any errors, and tested the BAS version also, but I am afraid I might have missed something.  :-[

These aren't BETAs...these are the finished products, so pls no suggestions about changes. I just want to know if they work.

Thanks for your help guys.   :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
« Last Edit: 05 Mar 2003, 20:05:45 by toadlife »

asmodeus

« Reply #56 on: 05 Mar 2003, 23:26:36 »
I have enough time to do that for ya toadlife.   ;D

I'll be back!   :o

Asmo

*Edit*

Ok..  I got the BAS rangers version and it was great!  This time I got #6 for the hostage location and it was awesome!  I love using those masterkeys' at close range!  (and missing the hostage no less...   ::))  It was more challenging and everything worked perfectly!

:thumbsup:

I noticed one very small thing...  In the outro, there's a line that starts:

Thanks to the everyone at OFPEC and the OFP community...  

No big deal of course.  Thought I'd mention it since it's so easy to fix.   ;)

So.....  you get the

Asmodeus Seal of Approval!

:beat:

This one is definately a keeper.   ;D

Asmo
« Last Edit: 06 Mar 2003, 01:15:35 by Asmodeus »

The Avon Lady

« Reply #57 on: 06 Mar 2003, 09:23:47 »
1. Why are enemies and their ammo crates carrying M4 and MK magazines?

2. In the camp to the south at mission start, there's a hospital tent but I can't get a HEAL command working for one of my team. If you've disabled this, please reenable. Otherwise, is this a BAS bug? ???

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #58 on: 06 Mar 2003, 10:23:36 »

Thanks to the everyone at OFPEC and the OFP community...  

OMG! Ihave to fix that. thanks dude your a life saver.

1. Why are enemies and their ammo crates carrying M4 and MK magazines?

2. In the camp to the south at mission start, there's a hospital tent but I can't get a HEAL command working for one of my team. If you've disabled this, please reenable. Otherwise, is this a BAS bug?

The hospital has allways worked, even with BAS units. As for the enmnies, I've never given them any special weapons. Theya re just plain old resistance soldiers, and the ammo crates are plain old resiatance ammo crates with no modifications.

Perhaps your OFP is bugged?

When fixing the small bug asmo mentioned, Ill check it out just ot make sure.

The Avon Lady

« Reply #59 on: 06 Mar 2003, 10:32:21 »
The hospital has allways worked, even with BAS units.
Here's a thought. The wounded unit is the medic. Could that be a BAS bug?
As for the enmnies, I've never given them any special weapons. Theya re just plain old resistance soldiers, and the ammo crates are plain old resiatance ammo crates with no modifications.

Perhaps your OFP is bugged?
I have a solid install of OFP. No freezes or CTD ever. When there's a bug, I can usually track it down to an addon or mission.

See for yourself. Kill the first group of soldiers in the woods and in the UAZ and see what magazines you can pick up.