Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A couple of questions  (Read 392 times)

Echo5Hotel

A couple of questions
« on: 14 Feb 2003, 20:49:50 »
Ok,

My campaign is coming along quite nicely.  I have a couple of questions that will help me make my campaign even better.  First, can anyone give me a rundown on what that "merge" button does, or point me in the right direction?  I can't find anything in the documentation or on a search that says much about using the merge button.  I found an obscure reference saying that it would help string missions together into a campaign but I can't even remember where I saw that.

Second, can someone tell me if there is a capability to port the status of objects, players, AIs etc from the end of one mission to the beginning of another mission?  Things such as ammunition levels, wound levels etc.  Basically so it can be an actual continuation of the last mission that was played?

Offline Lykurgos

• Members
  • Member of Decapitator
    • My ftp site (contains few mission etc...)
Re:A couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: 14 Feb 2003, 21:00:56 »
1.The merge button is mystery for me too, but I remember of something that it copies the units of the mission to another mission. Not sure.

2.There is a same kind of ability like in resistance. I suggest that you DePbo it and find out how itÂ's done.
I have looked myself also for that same problem, but it seems to be very complicated

Cheers! ;D
You are right of course, to go alone would be crazy. You will be my driver.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:A couple of questions
« Reply #2 on: 14 Feb 2003, 22:56:45 »
There are tutes on Campaign making inthe Editors Depot, have a look.   I haven't done one myself so I can't help directly.

Can help with the "merge" button though.   It's nothing to do with campaigns.      It really exists to help with making multi-phase missions.

Say you make phase 1 as one mission and phase 2 as another mission.   For complex missions, its a good idea, helps with testing a lot.    Anyway, when you want to combine the two parts:-

Open part 1
Hit "Merge"
Select part 2 from the drop down menu

and what the game does is ADD part 2 to part 1.   Now everthing is in the same mission, which you can save as "WholeMission".    Watch out for duplicated units, tanks, tents etc.    

So that's it.  It just adds one mission to another.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play