Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Quick game question for editing purpose...  (Read 356 times)

Iwesshome

Quick game question for editing purpose...
« on: 08 Feb 2003, 14:13:05 »
Hi all,

As I stated an a earlier post that I am currently away on business so I was wondering if I have the current rank structure available that is in the game....

Colonel
Major
Captain
Lieutenant
Sergeant
Private

Also too…. You can have no more than twelve people in a group? Now is there was way and I think I saw something posted a long time ago and use this as an example:

Captain (You)

Using radio commands you can control your Lt.'s, which are in charge of the other groups to go do things…

Thanks

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Quick game question for editing purpose...
« Reply #1 on: 08 Feb 2003, 16:53:50 »
Corporal goes between sergeant and private.

You cannot have more than 12 in a group.   However, you can write scripts to allow the player to control other groups.   This has been done comprehensively by the CoC mod, which is hosted on this site (Ed Depot) as well as having their own.     This gives a lot of control which is in fact unnecesssary for some purposes.   There are a couple of other scripts in the Ed Depot which you could use if the control you need is less.

Think of it as a continuum:  at the top end you have CoC, at the bottom end you have a radio call for air support, which is after all controlling another squad in a fashion.    It's up to you where  you want to fit into that continuum.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Iwesshome

Re:Quick game question for editing purpose...
« Reply #2 on: 08 Feb 2003, 17:46:29 »
Thanks for the input....