Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: can ch-53 model be converted?  (Read 4915 times)

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
Re:can ch-53 model be converted?
« Reply #15 on: 23 Aug 2002, 20:34:09 »
Actually, 4 LODs are quite minimum for addons. I would recommend 6 or 8 at least.
The CFS3 gmax tools will only work with CFS3. Unless CFS3 uses the same file format and so on as OFP does. Which is highly unlikely since BIS have made or modified pretty much everything for their own use.

Completely new 3D models get into OFP by a program called Oxygen (or O2). That is the tool used to create all the models for the game.
It will be released some time in the near future (no date has been decided) and you will be able to use that to import models to OFP.
There are only some limitations:
O2 can only import .3DS files.
So unless you can get your .gmax files into .3DS you can't use gmax for OFP modelling.
Sorry.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

quakergamer

Re:can ch-53 model be converted?
« Reply #16 on: 23 Aug 2002, 22:11:10 »
like i said in the old forum, if we CAN convert the model, the avaiation addons would be limitless. my "virtual hangar" has over 100 aircraft including just about every chopper. it would be a nice break through for the OFP fans.

Yea but we would have to ask the authors of those addons for FS2k2 or any other flight simulator. we could do the same thing about alll the cstrike models, its very easy to convert them to OFP :)