Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Holy......  (Read 1322 times)

rat

Holy......
« on: 11 Feb 2003, 21:21:43 »
is anyone planning to make a Preist model for ofp?
ideally in a long coat (black, of course!)
it's just a little strange....all those churches but no preists!?

plus if someone made some nuns we could start a strategic combat Sound of music mod........ok maybe not!

any thoughts?

Uberminch

Re:Holy......
« Reply #1 on: 11 Feb 2003, 22:31:41 »
I have wondered that myself. No army chaplains, either.

Vyper

« Reply #2 on: 11 Feb 2003, 22:48:12 »
The wealth of 'racial debate' this would no doubt bring up from our more sensitive comunity members would make it too much effort, not really gonna add much to the game either?

unless you can have a chaplain using the healling power of god or somin! ehehe  ::)

(just don't take offense to that, light and light!)

Vyper

Fiendish

« Reply #3 on: 11 Feb 2003, 23:16:03 »
I could be in a mission.. Assasinate the priest!  ;D

O Neil

« Reply #4 on: 12 Feb 2003, 07:54:58 »
"The wealth of 'racial debate' this would no doubt bring up from our more sensitive comunity members would make it too much effort"
.......it's just a game right ?

Stalker

« Reply #5 on: 12 Feb 2003, 09:24:52 »
"The wealth of 'racial debate' this would no doubt bring up from our more sensitive comunity members would make it too much effort"
.......it's just a game right ?
But not everybody understands it. If you make an ordodox priest you'll need to make a Priest pack for all religions.

Offline Vera_Krieg

• Members
  • Your a Daisy if ya' do
« Reply #6 on: 12 Feb 2003, 10:06:12 »
LOL, you thought the Weapons Packs kicked ass... These have the power of all those religious dieties and such.
Trained to Fight, Trained To Kill, Ready to Die, but Never Will.  Marines Make the Blood Flow, Blood Makes the Grass Grow...

Uberminch

« Reply #7 on: 12 Feb 2003, 16:07:06 »
That is true. If such a unit was made, one would have to be made for all religions, and some Jack***es would make some jack*** mission and everyone would be up in arms... :-\

rat

« Reply #8 on: 12 Feb 2003, 19:25:21 »
thanks for your opinions guys.............but i reckon that as the many churches have not provoked such a response already(or the lack of mosques,synagogues,temples etc) then i dont think it would create such a fuss.

after all the original game was set in Europe so  we expect churches....a desert map would surely benefit from a mosque for environmental authenticity.

keeping things in perspective... the violence of the game is surely more offensive than the presence of a preist(that we expect to find inthe existing churches!)?