Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Addons and Res\Addons  (Read 408 times)

Wireded

Addons and Res\Addons
« on: 31 Jan 2003, 12:40:58 »
I understand that some addons need to be installed into the Res\Addons folder instead of the default Addons folder but can someone explain why? and what difference does it make to the editor where the addons are installed?

Foo

Re:Addons and Res\Addons
« Reply #1 on: 31 Jan 2003, 12:59:14 »
because they are built to only be used on resistance...it means when u run OFP cold war crisis it doesnt try to run OFPR addons, because its not loading from there...if you dont, you will get loads of "addon:name requires version 1.75" messages when you load the original

Wireded

« Reply #2 on: 31 Jan 2003, 13:07:38 »
This is a pretty pointless reply but I'm curious to find the answer out.... this is the scenario... CWC and Res installed, download an Addon that says Res only... drop it in Res\Addons and all is ok.... drop it in the Addons folder and as long as you start the game with the Res CD it will read it from the Addons folder as well???? Yes?

The instructions that say put this addon in the Res\Addon folder are just to make sure that someone who only has CWC doesn't try to run CWC with the Addon that requires Res to run????? mmmm I don't think I'm making any sense..... quick one liner coming...

here it is...

If I own Res (which I do), it doesn't matter where I put the addons as Res reads from both Addons and Res\Addons.... is this true.

Wireded

« Reply #3 on: 31 Jan 2003, 13:25:26 »
Forgot to say thanks Foo for the original reply.

Foo

« Reply #4 on: 31 Jan 2003, 13:37:28 »
yes, thats true...if you only run res, then your fine, but if, like me, you also run CWC, then you need to put em in their own respective folders. It'll only be CWC that bitches and moans if you get em in the wrong place ::)

Re:Forgot to say thanks.....No problem, it was a crappy reply anyway ;D