Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Missile Frigates - How?  (Read 1276 times)

Wires

Missile Frigates - How?
« on: 26 Jan 2003, 02:48:36 »
OK, I want to code a Slava class missile cruiser and an FFG 7 missile frigate does anyone have an idea of how to do this? Would be great if I could still use the 130mm gun on the Slava and the 3inch on the FFG 7 BUT if not possible then missiles alone would be better. What I am thinking is if the boat code will not allow other weapons (missiles ect) other than bullet types then perhaps code it as a floating aircraft but without the top speed to let it take off out of the water. Or as an aircraft with ship like movement code (what is it mc movements or something). This I think would solve the problem and be able to have missiles fire from the launcher and the other gun work as well (like the turret on an AH1 + FFARs firing from the pods). But I have only a slight incling of how I could do this so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wires

Wires

Re:Missile Frigates - How?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2003, 05:57:13 »
OK so noone has any idea how to make a ship fire a missile? Even with all the great coders that freaquent these forums? Hmmm very dissapointing as I havn't had any luck so far.

Ferret Fangs

Re:Missile Frigates - How?
« Reply #2 on: 28 Jan 2003, 07:21:28 »
OK, I'll stab at it... but bear with me, I'm a bit st*ned at the moment.
ARe you familiar with the Pauk class Patrol Boat addon? Included with the mod is a script, which allows the vessel to use two independent weapon mounts, that works very well. That's the key to this thing... The script enables a seperate vehicle, modeled as a man in an static machine gun mount ( AK-630 naval CIWS: http://www.naval-technology.com/projects/zubr/zubr3.html ) to move along as a part of the ship model. As I stated before, it works VERY well. Your Slava class missile ( CRUISER, not frigate. Why didn't you just ask for a Kirov class nuclear battlecruiser!?! LOL! ), would be done the same way, but on a much larger scale, you would use one man to each arm one of the ships weapon systems. In this way, any ground based weapon system in game, including missile systems, could be modelled. Whats more, by utilizing one of the scripting tricks, available around here, that allows one player to control four or so squads, at a time, could even make this even cooler... Like the C and C mod, this addon- if done right- could be one of those rare addons that actually transform the entire nature of gameplay, in OFP.
Anyway, I don't see why all possible weapon possibilties including large, multi-cell verticle launch sytems, and multiple close in weapons mounts like the Phalanx, and Kashstan.

The maker of the Pauk class is your Yoda, Obi Wan... go to Degobah, and seek him out...
May the Force be with you.
« Last Edit: 28 Jan 2003, 07:27:01 by Ferret Fangs »