Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Independence Lost  (Read 4068 times)

CarlHill

Independence Lost
« on: 04 Jan 2003, 16:05:30 »
I haven't heard anything about this in quite some time. I contacted David at BIS yesterday to see if this thing was dead. He assured me that it "was far from dead" and that it will be released "in the future". Now I realize this don't tell us much, but at least we know it is still in development. I just think BIS is being too tight-lipped about this whole affair! He attached a screenshot but it is too large to post here!

CH

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
Re:Independence Lost
« Reply #1 on: 04 Jan 2003, 16:43:10 »
then put it into paint and make it smaller  ;)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

CarlHill

« Reply #2 on: 04 Jan 2003, 17:02:35 »
If I sized it to 50kb, you wouldn't be able to see anything!!!!! I promise you it's nothing to get excited about!

CH

Ex-RoNiN

« Reply #3 on: 04 Jan 2003, 18:03:36 »
Just post it ffs ::) >:( ;D

CarlHill

« Reply #4 on: 04 Jan 2003, 19:24:14 »
Somebody give me their e-mail address. I will forward the message to you and you can resize it, post it, do whatever. I'm at work with Windows NT and don't have much in the way of tools here!

CH

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 04 Jan 2003, 19:41:45 »
Tomas_Landin@hotmail.com
MSN: Tomas_Landin@hotmail.com

Just give me the darn screenshot ;)
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

CarlHill

« Reply #6 on: 04 Jan 2003, 19:52:56 »
Check your email!

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 04 Jan 2003, 19:55:48 »
Righto, so kind as I am, I'm making this available to everyone ;)

Just changed from .bmp to .jpg and voilá.

« Last Edit: 04 Jan 2003, 19:56:12 by KTottE »
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
  • LiarLiarPants Inflame True
    • [furryclan]
« Reply #8 on: 04 Jan 2003, 20:00:35 »
All that effort for such a lame promo shot.  Alas.

CarlHill

« Reply #9 on: 04 Jan 2003, 20:13:26 »
We're luck just to get that! This has got to be the most closely guarded product in the software industry right now. Ridiculous IMO. I'd be willing to bet things must be close! Keep in mind it's been a year since the first announcement!

CH

SFG

« Reply #10 on: 04 Jan 2003, 20:50:02 »
Cool  :D

HotShot

« Reply #11 on: 04 Jan 2003, 21:00:44 »
It looks more like an OFP expansion rather then a whole new game. The plants and objects (sandbags) are all the same, the only difference is the island and soldier, possibly not even the island. I know they could have just put an IL soldier into the normal OFP not to give anything away, but it just makes me wonder if its actually a whole new game or just an expnasion. And is IL still about Asia or something like that?

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #12 on: 04 Jan 2003, 21:20:29 »
the island looks like Nogova  ::)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

CarlHill

« Reply #13 on: 04 Jan 2003, 22:10:41 »
I'll take it even if it is an add-on. The graphical improvements to the textures, objects and aircraft are worth the money to me. I still think it will be a stand alone product. You can find out everything that is known at this URL below. It's old news to most of us, but may be new to some! The aircraft look outstanding. I'm still awaiting word on any improvements made to the flight models.

www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/IL/independencelost.htm

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
« Reply #14 on: 04 Jan 2003, 23:05:20 »
This is going to sound like name dropping, but hey, it was a great day for me.

Late last year I talked to seventh on the phone, discussing VBS1 (or more like he talked about VBS1, and I drooled), and he went on to discuss independance lost (although it wasn't called that back then).

He wouldn't give me details, but he was very excitied about the 'new technologies' that would be incorporated.

I am waiting for independance lost eagerly - I see it is the next 'big game', it will be to OFP what Rouge Spear was to Rainbow Six (not Ghost Recon - that will be the equivilent of OFP 2).

So, don't despair - as OFP gets older, BIS are going to bring us new toys.

It is pointless trying to get information about it also - kinda like banging your head on a brick wall. just wait patiently for the press releases - otherwise you'll get frustrated like I was last year. >:(

So, chill out, drink more beer, and be satisfied in the knowledge that better things are on the horizon.

::)
Bohemia Interactive Simulations

Offline RangerX3X

• Members
  • Ranger, out.
    • RangerX3X
« Reply #15 on: 05 Jan 2003, 10:15:19 »
IL has been in development for over a year and they don't even have a web site up anymore? I missed the PBR on this one entirely (I've been away, sorry.)  :'(
Ranger, out.

whufc1966

« Reply #16 on: 07 Jan 2003, 12:43:23 »
it is about east timor, strange as the soldier in the ingame shot looks american, and it was only the australians who were involved as UN peacekeepers.

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #17 on: 07 Jan 2003, 13:12:37 »
*SLAPS whufc1966 UPSIDE THE HEAD*

The Kiwi's also performed in that role in Timor ... ::)

;)
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

CarlHill

« Reply #18 on: 07 Jan 2003, 17:06:21 »
The storyline is written to give you an idea of what has happened in the past, leading up to present day. I don't think they intend for us to play a historical campaign. I think it will all be hypothetical, present day scenarios. Just a hunch...

CH