Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: First Aid Kit and Wound Indicator  (Read 2858 times)

Dirtman

First Aid Kit and Wound Indicator
« on: 03 Jan 2003, 21:47:00 »
I asked this a long time ago on the old board, so hear it goes again.  What a bout a First Aid Kit that could be carried by a soldier.  This kit would take up a slot in the soldiers equipment.  It would have a heal range of 1 meter and could only be used once.  To use it the soldier would have to select it and then active it to bandage and heal his wounds.  Im not talking about a full heal, just a partial heal till you could be to a medic or be evac. out.  Plus it would be nice if BIS would have some type of wound indicator for you to see to know how bad you are hit.  Sometimes you are hit but not bad enough to kill you, but the next hit kills you due to the buildup of injurys you have received.

Offline KevBaz

• Members
Re:First Aid Kit and Wound Indicator
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jan 2003, 23:24:47 »
well having a health bar would turn it into annother boring shooter with dumb healthpacks you just pick up, i love the way it is with the medics playing a massive part, the medi tents dent it alittle but hey noone perfect
but thats just me

Dirtman

« Reply #2 on: 03 Jan 2003, 23:45:39 »
This is not a case of just picking up first aid kits.  You would have to carry one in  place of ammo.  Thus if you carry to many then you will only have a few mags to fight with.  So common sense would tell you to carry none or only one for yourself.  In combat each soldier carry his own first aid kit.  You are trained to use the kit of the soldier you are helping and not yours.  The FAK should not be able to heal you 100%, but maybe 25%.  Enough to get you moving if possible.  Also make the First Aid kit no transferable.  So what you carry is it.

As for the health bar, no.  I dont want a total health bar, but maybe a small light or even changing the color of weapon selection in the top left corner from green to yellow when you are hit.  I know when in MP and being close to explosions, sometimes you don't know your hit, till someone tells you, your covered in blood.  This way you could get to a medic or even use your first aid kit.

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 04 Jan 2003, 00:44:23 »
well having a health bar would turn it into annother boring shooter with dumb healthpacks you just pick up, i love the way it is with the medics playing a massive part, the medi tents dent it alittle but hey noone perfect
but thats just me

A health bar wouldn't be all wrong. Or some sort of status thingy, that shows what's wrong with yeh. If you can check a little status field, and see "Are my hands hurt?" or "Are my legs fked?" I would be one happy camper :P

But first aid kits, hmm, don't think so. Maybe something that a medic can carry?
Like, a medic can be "armed" with one medipack, which he can drop on the map. Once it's dropped, he can't pick it up again.
The medipack can heal a set number of people (4-5 maybe) then it's spent.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Davy

« Reply #4 on: 04 Jan 2003, 00:59:13 »
while the infintary man dose have a first aid kit and it will help all it contains is some sulfer powder (im not shure but i beleve that sulfer helps close wonds) and a large compression bandage along with a few other things so while he can stop the bleading on a non critickle hit or tie off an injured limb he cant do mutch

however a small med kit that takes maby 1 slot 2 at the moast would be nice and realistic

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #5 on: 04 Jan 2003, 01:48:08 »
I think that would Make the Game more realistic, in a situation if your Medic is down you or one of your men could pick up his Medi pack and still have a medic, because all U.S. soldiers are trained in First Aid in Basic it's just the advanced course that Medics take since it's their M.O.S.

major asshole

« Reply #6 on: 04 Jan 2003, 18:49:02 »

G'day

I've been tinkering with a damage/health remaining indicator with the use of a script and the hint box that displays remaining health in percent. Doesn't work too bad except for that damned pling sound when the hint box comes up. I tried a config patch to get around it but no luck.To make it work I had to depbo the sound.pbo, replace the hint pling with a blank sound file and then repack it.Works ok .....hint box appears, no pling.
I ain't much of a scripter so there's room for improvement

L8R

Jimbo

« Reply #7 on: 07 Jan 2003, 04:12:51 »
yeah Operation Code Blue has a Status bar built right into the interface...

Funny thing is though, their own addons don't work with the health bar. Only the regular OFP soldiers work...

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #8 on: 07 Jan 2003, 18:34:06 »
I have two ideas Â'bout the medipack(if there should be one) and one bout the health bar:

Medipack1: I think that each soldier should have a medipack as a secondary gun (Lawlaucher, ATlauncher) with ammo or can-only-use once.

Medipack2: The medic haves all medipacks and only a M16 with 2-4 mags. He can heal as long as he got ammo (one ammo, one heal).

healthbar: I think it should be really primitive, no bar, no precent, nothing! Just a primitive picture of you and your bodyparts splited with lines.
Invisible will mean not hit in that bodypart. ¤ed will mean hit in that bodypart.
ÍÂ'm gonna draw a model in paint and post it here so you see what I mean.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #9 on: 07 Jan 2003, 18:48:57 »
heres da picture, it ainÂ't gonna be this ugly, this is only to show ya:

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #10 on: 12 Jan 2003, 00:14:01 »
I think that the med kit is a really good idea, is up to you to have one or when to use it.
 About the health bar, no no noo, it is not need at all, if you wanna see if you are badlly hit go to 3 person view.
@cero
SCREWBY!!!

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #11 on: 12 Jan 2003, 01:10:10 »
I think that the med kit is a really good idea, is up to you to have one or when to use it.
 About the health bar, no no noo, it is not need at all, if you wanna see if you are badlly hit go to 3 person view.
@cero

2 problems about that:

1. If youÂ're in a multiplayer game, the host can remove 3rd person view.

2. Several times, IÂ've get a blood bug, IÂ've got red screen and a screem but no blood in 3rd person.

Josef

« Reply #12 on: 12 Jan 2003, 19:10:44 »
Well....

When U get red screen and scream...

WHAT IS THE NEED FOR HEALTH INDICATOR!

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #13 on: 12 Jan 2003, 20:20:01 »
Too c how badly hurt you are (head, arm). Besides, there were an explanation(spelling?) to it just a couple of posts up.

Dark Soldier

« Reply #14 on: 15 Jan 2003, 17:54:03 »
How about that: Wouldnt't it be nice if BIS would invent a real system, i.e. if you are hit and bleeding, you should die slowly with fade out and stuff....

And they should program an animation interrupt: for example, if you got a LAW launcher or so and you're shooting a tank, then you reload, and while you reload, the tank kills you with his 0.5 cannon.
what ghappens in ofp: you coolly resume reloading the rocket, full of blood and so on, and when you're finnished, you finally fall down and die.

or even better: ambushing a squad, you move in from the side, shoot the leader in the head before he sees you.
what happens: he, cool as ever, takes out his binocs, takes a look around, and ... ah.. he died of age or sth... thst's not war!