Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: what is the name of that ????  (Read 1163 times)

BUNTRO

what is the name of that ????
« on: 01 Jan 2003, 04:00:20 »
in the movie "sum of all fears," there were several russian jets that were sent to destroy am american aircraft carrier in the north atlantic.  What were these dual seat bombers?  Has anyone made a model of them yet?  

BUNTRO

Navy Captain

Re:what is the name of that ????
« Reply #1 on: 01 Jan 2003, 20:49:19 »
those russian made aircraft were the TU-22 Backfire long range attack aircraft. They were dessigned to take out carriers, with their onboard cruise missiles. A similar aircraft to that was the Bear bomber, sharing a similar mission, but driven by 4 props, its another long range attack bomber. As for the TU-22, i saw 1 in the works but i don't remember where, the moddel was finished, but the textures were not implemented yet, you can't download it yet . . . . .  ;)

BUNTRO

« Reply #2 on: 02 Jan 2003, 03:14:46 »
Now....from reading and seeing it in various movies (which I hold about as factual as a snowball's chance in hell) I've seen them shoot various types of missiles.  You stated that one was an onboard cruise missile?  Would this be an exocet or another type?  If so, what type?  I just finished modelling and skinning an exocet and just need help putting the code and Lod on it.  So if you know the name of it, I would  be really appreciable.  Thanks.

BUNTRO

Navy Captain

« Reply #3 on: 02 Jan 2003, 04:07:08 »
now, im not sure, but i think the cruise missile carried on the TU-22 is a AS-4 KITCHEN, i'll give u a link to get more info about it http://fas.org/nuke/guide/russia/bomber/as-4.htm    ;D take a look at it, i think it will help u out.
« Last Edit: 02 Jan 2003, 04:11:57 by CPT. Bazikian[5thSFG] »