Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Anyone got a working artillery script for MP?  (Read 1417 times)

Offline KeyCat

• Members
Anyone got a working artillery script for MP?
« on: 30 Dec 2002, 10:42:23 »
I've tested both Doolittle's and sans-pareil's arty scripts but none of them works correctly in MP...

Doolittle's works just fine for everyone in a MP game except that there seems to be a major miss-calculation somewhere in this script... Shells are missing by 1200+ m when fired at distant targets (tested on Ia Drang if it matters)??? Seems to work better on (very) close targets as in the demo mission...

sans-pareil's script seems to work only for the person calling/hosting, others do not see explosions etc. but this script do drop the shells within the given area....

Anyone have any pointers to another artillery script that also works correctly in multiplayer?

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

« Last Edit: 30 Dec 2002, 12:31:09 by KeyCat »
- The journey is the reward!

Guster

Re:Anyone got a working artillery script for MP?
« Reply #1 on: 28 Jan 2003, 23:47:12 »
Yep ,

just go to ofpec and search for artillery scripts , i found 3 of them , found two that work for sure although i dont know the exact names , they are easy scripts and triggers that come with sample missions so you can just copy and paste the info for a quick solution  :P

Offline Doolittle

• Contributing Member
  • _this select 0
« Reply #2 on: 06 Feb 2003, 17:41:54 »
It's easy now to get artillery to work in MP.  A lot of the scripts use camCreate to make the artillery shells.  Unfortunately, camCreate only works on one client machine, not all.  Change camCreate to be createVehicle and then whatever createVehicle creates, ALL clients will see it.  I believe 1.85 made this possible?

The reason my shells are inaccurate for far away is because I still can't calculate air drag.  I am firing the shell from far away and it is actually travelling through the air.  All other artillery scripts out there just create the shell above the target and let gravity do the rest, which is why they are so accurate.
 :-\

Doolittle

Coyote @ rage

« Reply #3 on: 06 Feb 2003, 18:17:26 »
I like to use FishionÂ's G_Arty script.
Works in MP and itÂ's easyly customizable.
Just used it in a Night-TDM to create random flare illumination.

Coyote @ rage

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
« Reply #4 on: 09 Feb 2003, 03:22:02 »
I am working on an MP compatible arty-script.

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=27;action=display;threadid=6022;start=0;boardseen=1

it is still BETA, and has bugs in MP at the moment. I expect it will be FINAL by the end of next week.

It is accurate (because i don't bother with launching shells from miles away) and unrealistic when compared to doolittle's or Dinger's.

However, it is quick, easy, customisable, fairly goochy and reliable (or at least it will be).
Bohemia Interactive Simulations

sheltem

« Reply #5 on: 05 Apr 2003, 14:00:59 »
A question to the mentioned change of camcreate into createvehicle...if I try this I just get an error message saying "shellXX" is not a vehicle...or something similiar.
What am I doing wrong?

Pointman

« Reply #6 on: 12 Apr 2003, 08:58:02 »
Snypir, make sure that shooting from higher ground to lower and vice versa is included in the calculation, and you will be my hero.