Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Arma3 Missions  (Read 1696 times)

Offline nightjay99

• Members
Arma3 Missions
« on: 03 Jan 2022, 03:19:29 »
Hi all this is nightjay0044 I lost my password/email on my old account and using this one now.

I was wondering if you guys will be reviewing arma3 missions?

Thanks
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live ArmA!

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
  • How do I get outta this chickensh*t outfit?
Re: Arma3 Missions
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jan 2022, 21:45:06 »
Hi there Nightjay

Been a while, hope you're well. I'm up for reviewing Arma3 missions  :good:. Haven't played Arma3 in a while so it would be good to get back into the game again.

Regards,
Gruntage
"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba

Offline nightjay99

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 04 Jan 2022, 17:48:13 »
Ya doing good , it's been long time since i've been active on this site, but maybe we can get your arma3 mission sections going in the mission depot as i see you don't have anything for arma3 yet.

I have a handful of missions for you to review if you want or pass a couple off to a colleague who can review it. It's on steam for arma3. They are smaller missions so it wont take you that long to play them. You can do them in any order you want. I plan on making more missions.

Here is my steam workshop.
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198112311540/myworkshopfiles/

Let me know if you or anyone is interested.

thanks. 

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: 04 Jan 2022, 19:31:58 »
Looks like I'll be busy this weekend!  :D. I'll be happy to have a look at them, provide feedback and review them.

I'm not sure if we're still sticklers for procedure after all these years, but please would you mind making a forum topic for each mission you'd like reviewing in the Arma 3 missions area? It would make providing feedback for each mission easier and more organised. Of course you need only provide a link to the mission in each topic as opposed to uploading a folder (as we used to do things back in the day  :D ).

Thanks,
Gruntage
"But one thing I can tell you from not just OFP but life in general:  criticism is directly proportional to quality. The more criticism a mission receives, the better the outcome" - macguba

Offline nightjay99

• Members
« Reply #4 on: 05 Jan 2022, 06:58:05 »
ya take your time on reviewing them, or if anyone wants to feel free. Like I said they're small missions.  I'll upload them in the mission section soon here I'll probably do one at a time so expect it hopefully by this weekend as I work full time job.

Maybe we can make this site alive again with missions  :dunno: :clap:

Also I was curious why there are arma3 missions in the single player mission beta sections in the forums but on the site there are no arma3 missions in the missions depot? Did none of them make it out of the beta stage?
« Last Edit: 05 Jan 2022, 17:32:06 by nightjay99 »

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: 05 Jan 2022, 18:34:21 »
Also I was curious why there are arma3 missions in the single player mission beta sections in the forums but on the site there are no arma3 missions in the missions depot? Did none of them make it out of the beta stage?

Unfortunately none of the missions there were put up for review sadly and so none have made it out of the beta stage as you say. The authors may have simply released the missions onto steam and so not bother with having them reviewed here. They might also have just discontinued their projects because they don't have the time to work on them anymore. I've experienced this first hand.

I should have time this weekend to have a look at your missions  :)

Regards,
Gruntage

Offline nightjay99

• Members
« Reply #6 on: 06 Jan 2022, 07:34:28 »
Unfortunately none of the missions there were put up for review sadly and so none have made it out of the beta stage as you say. The authors may have simply released the missions onto steam and so not bother with having them reviewed here. They might also have just discontinued their projects because they don't have the time to work on them anymore. I've experienced this first hand.

Ya that's ok though, but for mine you can post them under the mission depot. Because even though  ya makes sense because they posted it on steam, but a good reason to post missions on this site to is because of popularity. Sometimes they may not see your mission on steam and 1,000's of people could see it on here rather than on steam, so even better if they're posted on both sites, well unless you're already popular than it doesn't matter.  :good:

Also I posted a mission if anyone wants to try it.
https://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=46732.0

I'll post another mission once this one has been uploaded to the mission depot and keep going with that order.
« Last Edit: 06 Jan 2022, 07:40:45 by nightjay99 »

Offline RichUK

• OFPEC Patron
  • Have fun!
« Reply #7 on: 11 Jan 2022, 18:01:32 »
Hi Nightjay and Gruntage  :)

I had not logged on here for too long and was delighted to see some activity and a new Arma3 mission to look at!

I see that you have submitted it here and I will take a look at it soon:

https://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=46732.msg262767#msg262767

You might be interested to look at my Arma3 one, that I submitted for review on 05 Mar 2020.  h- had a look at it, but I would be interested in a review by others.  The info for it is here:

https://www.ofpec.com/forum/index.php?topic=46712.msg262539#msg262539

I really must get back to doing ArmA3, I was developing another mission, which became more complex as I kept adding ideas, so I never actually finished it.  I must do that and submit it!  ::)

Best wishes... RichUK

Offline Gruntage

• Missions Depot
  • Administrator
« Reply #8 on: 12 Jan 2022, 01:17:32 »
Hi RichUK

Welcome back!  :)

I should have some time this weekend to have a look at your mission.

Thanks,
Gruntage

Offline nightjay99

• Members
« Reply #9 on: 12 Jan 2022, 08:36:17 »
Good to see you Rich, you should definitely get back into Arma3 and hopefully others will follow suit, let's make OFPEC great again lol. As for me I won't be doing any official reviews for others, as I don't have time but I will be posting missions when I can for others to review.

OFPEC is alive  :clap: :cool2:

p.s. I can add some quick tips & remarks on missions but no official reviews. cheers
« Last Edit: 12 Jan 2022, 18:10:13 by nightjay99 »

Offline savedbygrace

• Intel Depot
  • Administrator
  • Be swift to hear...slow to speak...slow to wrath.
« Reply #10 on: 17 Jan 2022, 04:37:19 »
Wasuuuuuuup? My gaming rig is down and will be for a while. I've got an older one that I am using to mess around in CWA til I get my newer one upgraded. Just sent an invite for you on Steam NightJay. You have a link for your Steam RichUK?

Offline nightjay99

• Members
« Reply #11 on: 17 Jan 2022, 07:57:17 »
Grace, long time no talk , hey my former account nightjay0044, I lost that email so I couldn't login, is there anyway we can recover that account?

What kind of gaming rig do you have? good thing about arma is it doesn't need a big rig to make it work.

I didnt' get Rich's link on steam, he can send me one if he wants.
« Last Edit: 17 Jan 2022, 08:01:17 by nightjay99 »

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #12 on: 17 Jan 2022, 14:39:41 »
is there anyway we can recover that account?
Yes.
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline nightjay99

• Members
« Reply #13 on: 17 Jan 2022, 16:31:15 »
H- , ya i no longer have access to my email linked to that account so I can't recover it. Can you update the email for me?

Offline h-

• OFPEC Site
  • Administrator
  • Formerly HateR_Kint
    • OFPEC
« Reply #14 on: 17 Jan 2022, 18:23:42 »
Yup, I can copy/pasta the email from the current account to that old one and reset the password, that should do the trick.
Project MCAR   ---   Northern Fronts   ---   Emitter 3Ditor
INFORMATIVE THREAD TITLES PLEASE. "PLEASE HELP" IS NOT ONE..
Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

Offline nightjay99

• Members
« Reply #15 on: 18 Jan 2022, 07:12:52 »
ok sweet, please do :good:...because i want to post my missions on that account

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #16 on: 18 Jan 2022, 17:49:31 »
got it to work guys lets use this account for my missions.  :cool2:
« Last Edit: 18 Jan 2022, 17:54:09 by NightJay0044 »
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!

Offline RichUK

• OFPEC Patron
  • Have fun!
« Reply #17 on: 26 Jan 2022, 23:08:03 »
Hi All :D

Sorry for the late reply, I have been pretty busy over that last week or so :blink:.  Great to see so much activity again on here :good:

Best wishes to @nightjay99, @savedbygrace, @Gruntage and @h- (plus all others reading this).

You have a link for your Steam RichUK?

Yes, @savedbygrace, great to see you on here too, I am richukusa on Steam:

https://steamcommunity.com/id/richukusa

Thanks very much @nightjay99 for taking a look at my Elite Sniper Challenge mission.  I will reply to you in that thread, but saw that you wrote:

Good to see you Rich, you should definitely get back into Arma3 and hopefully others will follow suit, let's make OFPEC great again lol.

Yes, I will have to get back into Arma3 again, for sure, and a big thanks (as always) to @h- in keeping OFPEC going.  I hope that some other long-lost people come on here again too...

Cheers, Rich.

Offline NightJay0044

• Former Staff
  • Let's make OFPEC great again
    • My Steam Workshop
« Reply #18 on: 29 Jan 2022, 19:00:24 »
ya rich glad to hear 

Hopefully -h can get the site running again so we can post some arma3 missions in the mission depot.  :scratch:  :dunno:

We have the forums to post missions,  but kind of pointless IMO if there's a missions depot and we only use the forums.   

Thanks for you link Rich, you should definitely make more missions, do some action packed missions to those are the best. Post them on the forums and we'll playtest them.  :cool2: :clap:
Who's hyped for Arma4, long live Arma!