Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Conquest/Warfare mission  (Read 830 times)

Offline slavicboycz

• Members
Conquest/Warfare mission
« on: 03 Mar 2022, 18:05:55 »
Hello, I wanted to create singleplayer conquest mission run by some sort of battle director script which moves units around the map to conquer/defend victory points. I've figured most of the stuff like how to make units use abandoned vehicles to move around the island, how to make units take cover behind sandbags when they are defending captured flag, etc.
Sadly, I can't figure out the most important part of my mission - battle director script. I though it will be just making arrays for every squad in the game (that look like ["ALIVE/DEAD","BUSY/STANDBY","CURRENT LOCATION"]) and let the script to compare them with current situation on the battlefield (to make everything simple, I work only with single flags chain, so basically I have EAST-EAST-CONTESTED-WEST-WEST). I have no idea how to make this work with available commands, how to search for certain value in multiple arrays and select arrays that only correspond to wanted criteria and how to effectively work with variables.
Are there any tutorials that explain more advanced scripting? Are there any active members of OFP editing community who have any examples or advices that might help me?