Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Houses and Little Birds  (Read 4321 times)

Stryder88

Houses and Little Birds
« on: 21 Dec 2002, 12:25:59 »
Could any one make a couple of Somalian style houses for my black hawk down mission? They're real simple, basically a cube with a hole in it for a door. Oh, please make sure to make them look dirty and muddy.

I would make them myself in oxygen but I'm not good enough yet.

Second thing, can anyone make a Little Bird aircraft for me?

I will of course give full credit to the maker of these things.
« Last Edit: 21 Dec 2002, 12:28:41 by Stryder88 »

Wires

Re:Houses and Little Birds
« Reply #1 on: 21 Dec 2002, 12:37:58 »
Why not use the Balistic Addon Studio's Little Birds which are very good, and have a number of configs.

Offline KevBaz

• Members
« Reply #2 on: 21 Dec 2002, 12:38:01 »
LMFAO

Stryder88

« Reply #3 on: 21 Dec 2002, 20:06:41 »
Where can I get Ballistic's Little bird?

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #4 on: 21 Dec 2002, 21:22:20 »
 ::)Wow, you ARE a llama...!!! ;D
Welcome to the community mate, there' a lot of great addons available on various sites, just look around. The BAS Littlebirds are to be found here: http://www.concept-5.com/ballistic/

later.

Stryder88

« Reply #5 on: 21 Dec 2002, 21:35:41 »
Actually I've been playing OFP ever since it came out and have been using this forum ever since this web site was launched. Only thing is I was gone this whole summer and so haven't been keeping up to date with OFP.

Chomps

« Reply #6 on: 22 Dec 2002, 07:53:49 »
Ballistic Addon Studios (see link above) is also working on Delta operatives, which could also come in handy with what you are doing, I would assume.

As for the Somalian style buildings, I do not know of anyone who is working on that, but it would be sweet to see an entire custom map for the Black Hawk Down scenario (to supply the millions of people making BHD missions--not that it is necessarily a bad thing).

I would suggest keep playing with Oxygen, the learning curve is not so steep if you have plenty of people here to help with specific problems.  If you have BHD the movie on DVD, you may be able to make textures from video captures, although I am not sure how many clear shots they have of houses (I have not seen the movie myself yet.)

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #7 on: 25 Dec 2002, 22:21:41 »
While you looking for your tipe of building you can have a look to this map to play around untill you find your fancy addon http://www.opflashpoint.org/addons.php?v=247
 If you been away for such a long time, you should put yourselfe back in gear with the amazing amount of new addons abailable around the net. I would sugest to you to go to the news section of this site(OFEC) and have a look at the pass news, or go to the addons section of OFP.org http://www.opflashpoint.org/ and see what is in store, or go to OFP.zc http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?newlang=eng and see what is new in the news archive.
Have funn.
@cero
SCREWBY!!!

Kaliyuga

« Reply #8 on: 25 Dec 2002, 22:49:54 »
 If  you think enough people would be interested in using a house like that, I'd make one..  from the sounds of it  it would be a quick job

anyone who wants to send me a sketch of what the house would look like can  and I'll put it together real quick for them...

I've got buildings pretty much nailed....  and have three or four in the works at the moment ..

kaliyuga@everoncartel.com

Kaliyuga

« Reply #9 on: 25 Dec 2002, 23:15:14 »
Something like this ? ;D

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #10 on: 25 Dec 2002, 23:38:02 »
Hey Kaliyuga, have a look to this http://ethan.screenteam.org/bhd93/community/gallery/somaliapictures?&page=1 is no too detalled but has a lot of interesting info, the same on this one http://vindenes.nu/album/1992/somalia/ I like BHD stile missions too, but at the moment I'm trying to get the Nomad mod to go on float. By the way, when we find some modellers and skiners we will be building some maps of Afghanistan for our mod, I know, is different all toguether, but the buildings should be very similar, so I supose we could create a building pack in the Nomad mod.
Later.
@cero.
SCREWBY!!!

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #11 on: 26 Dec 2002, 00:05:18 »
Something like this ? ;D
Nice one mate.
SCREWBY!!!

Stryder88

« Reply #12 on: 27 Dec 2002, 14:28:02 »
That's PERFECT Kaliyuga! If you could just make a few (3-5)variations of that basic "block" house design to add variety to my mission it would be great.

Once your done please send the completed addons here:

stryder88@military.com

asmodeus

« Reply #13 on: 27 Dec 2002, 15:33:05 »
Yeah, good work Kali!   ;)

Can you make a dwarf pop randomly out of the walls at midnight on October 4th??   :o   ::)   :P

I can help on this project if there is enough interest....  Seems BHD is always a hot topic I guess.   ;D  

Was a good movie!   ;D  How detailed are you going in this venture, Stryder88??  

Asmo

Offline Viking

• Members
  • NORSOF
« Reply #14 on: 27 Dec 2002, 18:08:08 »
Kaliyuga!

Can you please send me those houses too? ;)

patrickfardal@hotmail.com

Cheers ;D,
Viking
VIKING
Modeller/Skinner/Coder
NORFOR

Stryder88

« Reply #15 on: 27 Dec 2002, 18:29:24 »
What do you mean by detailed Asmodeus? If you mean realism, I'm going to make the mission as true to life as possible. I have all the info I need on the actual mission (maps, the book and the movie). The really tough part is having to make Mogadishu building by building. That will be boriiiiinggg...

Kaliyuga

« Reply #16 on: 27 Dec 2002, 23:50:47 »
All righty...  I've got a few other things I'm working on at the moment....  ;)

but...  I can make three or four simple houses like that in the mean time...  sorta work on it on the side...  

I'm gonna play around with some texturing today probably try to get that mud/stucco look going on ...

Stryder88

« Reply #17 on: 28 Dec 2002, 02:14:16 »
Thanks Kali. You're doing me a huge favor. :-*

Kaliyuga

« Reply #18 on: 28 Dec 2002, 05:00:45 »
 Well.    I didn't get so far as textures.. but here's a peek of one of the houses sitting on desert island...  

I used a generic texture I'm using on another project for now just to give you a better look...

Stryder88

« Reply #19 on: 28 Dec 2002, 12:59:38 »
Looks great so far, be even better once the texturing is there. :)

SilverWolf

« Reply #20 on: 29 Dec 2002, 18:55:19 »
I spent 30mins of my life making this.

So, dont expect much.  ;D

Stryder88

« Reply #21 on: 29 Dec 2002, 19:45:32 »
Looks great to me Silver Wolf. If you and/or Kali could each make like 3 variations of that basic, flatroof house it'd be really nice. Do you think you could make a 2-story version?

SilverWolf

« Reply #22 on: 29 Dec 2002, 23:16:28 »
Coming soon...  :P

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #23 on: 30 Dec 2002, 05:41:08 »
@ silver wolf

ur house is alright xept 4 one basic thing  :o

its not exactly square  :P  ;D

me living in 1 of dis houses helps me knowin it should have more square like shape  ::) ;)  ;D - also da textures in both houses (i know kali's is not final ;D) r not exact but both look very nice :thumbsup:

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

SilverWolf

« Reply #24 on: 30 Dec 2002, 10:31:55 »
It's square type building, but it looks funny in pic...
Anyway, i completed 1. pack last night.

www.geocities.com/silverwolf_ofp/swodesbpack1.zip

Dont download if you hate ugly textures   ::)
I dont know will i EVER make 2. pack, because i have else things to do (like puma armored car).  :P

SilverWolf

« Reply #25 on: 30 Dec 2002, 10:37:38 »
Hey... That link wont work. Write adress manualy, then it should work...  :-[

Stryder88

« Reply #26 on: 30 Dec 2002, 14:34:17 »
Looks great to me Wolf!

Note to Kali: I'm still looking forwards to yours as well!