Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Predator Drones.  (Read 4709 times)

Wolf

Re:Predator Drones.
« Reply #15 on: 27 Aug 2002, 16:14:41 »
Yeh, they look the same, but its a real surveilenge device.

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #16 on: 27 Aug 2002, 16:19:43 »
The Cyphers in MGS2 were based on those UAVs, so no wonder they look alike ;)
I don't think there are any gun platforms of the real version though, like there is in MGS2.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

LimeCordial

« Reply #17 on: 27 Aug 2002, 16:44:32 »
no i dont believe there are as the camera is still a prototype i think.

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #18 on: 27 Aug 2002, 16:48:36 »
What do you mean?
The Cypher's were based on the real life version. The development team said so themselves.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Wolf

« Reply #19 on: 27 Aug 2002, 16:52:35 »
I figured this one would fly like a chopper, you'd be able to see it better and all, and since it does have a camera on top, could be used for recon. Or like they said higher up in this thread.

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #20 on: 27 Aug 2002, 16:59:07 »
Hey, there are a lot of security and spy cam threads, or were over at the old forum anyway. Couldn't the two ideas be joined together?
Create this unit which is controlled by the player, then have an action that puts you in camera mode. You can survey the enemy's forces and blahblah.
But you have to make it so that the enemy shoots back at the UAV.

LimeCordial

« Reply #21 on: 27 Aug 2002, 20:00:08 »
What do you mean?
The Cypher's were based on the real life version. The development team said so themselves.

*sigh*

i meant that i thought the REAL LIFE ones were still prototypes, so therefore there probably arent ones with guns seeing as the camera UAVs are still in the prototype stage.  ::)

Eviscerator

« Reply #22 on: 27 Aug 2002, 20:04:00 »
oh and the predator is ingame :)

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #23 on: 27 Aug 2002, 20:23:24 »
h0000t  -  and just when i go offline - ffs - i'll get it off u soonish evis - i hope.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

buzzboy762

« Reply #24 on: 28 Aug 2002, 23:11:59 »
Couldnt someone just make one but have an AI soldier get in it. Use the helmet cam script to see what it sees and send the leader can control the thing with the move command.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #25 on: 29 Aug 2002, 12:34:37 »
The AI do fly it - theres no other way.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion