Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Airborne Plane Transport  (Read 2936 times)

padimiite

Airborne Plane Transport
« on: 17 Dec 2002, 03:34:25 »
Ok here is my idea, build a plane to transport and drop paratroopers. Someone made a c47, but the AI can't fly it and the thing crashes. I want to be with the paratroopers and not pilot the thing. And do people actually parachute out of helicopters? I don't think I've ever heard of that, and its not like you can eject on a helicopter either...the big propeller over your head and all. So it would look sweet having a big plane dropping troops in the middle of an enemy position. Oh ya and one last thing, what type of plane do they use now a days to transport airborne troops?

Wires

Re:Airborne Plane Transport
« Reply #1 on: 17 Dec 2002, 05:48:53 »
A lot of helicopters have ejection seats they just go sideways first  ::)

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #2 on: 17 Dec 2002, 10:56:02 »
yea they do some airborne ops out of helos
mordern day airborne aircraft C-17 Globemaster III, C-141B Starlifters and C-130 Hercules mostly

Offline pcverden

• Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 17 Dec 2002, 19:27:01 »
To make it clear the helicopters do have ejecting seats and they do fire upwards. The thing that happens first though is that the rotor blades are blasted away from the top of the copter so the people don't fly through them.

If u want a large plane with huge transportation abilities then download the Antonov-124.

ftp://www.gamezone.cz/ofpd/unofaddons/Antonov124.zip

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #4 on: 17 Dec 2002, 22:51:39 »
it don't even have to be a big plane, is it.
 I think that it would be really efective if we have some 25 seaters or something of that kind abailable, ideal for spetsnaz drops.
 The Russian air company Antonov make some nice and sweet small transport plains, and the ones I really like is the propeler ones, it would be a nice change to have a small fleat of diferent ones for OFP. The posibility of a pack of this kind really make me wish I could make models.
@cero.
SCREWBY!!!

skydognz

« Reply #5 on: 31 Dec 2002, 06:52:29 »
Yes!..Definately a goer!...

I've got a similar idea in my head as well, which I'll post in a seperate post about.

I'm wanting to get the addon builders to look at creating a C130 Hercules if possible. But with the following scripts...

I'm wanting (as we all do!) to be able to deploy Special Force Troops (say 4) from a preset altitude from the C130 in a freefall formation(HALO -High Altitude, Low Opening -technique), with the ablity to rotate (pivot) 360 degrees in freefall (with the ability to allow the trooper to veiw to the left, right and below him). - Thus allowing him to keep himself 'on-heading' to locate the target landing area in freefall.

Then at another preset altitude, a RAM AIR (Square Steerable) Parachute is deployed, where then you guide your trooper to a Predetermined Drop Zone or Landing Point.

You would have to preset (via Mission Builder) the route of the C130 would take to the Exit Point and then reroute it back to the Airfield, and you'd have also preset the Point of Exit and the Drop Zone target point.

Theories????... ;D Yes, seems very awesome, but in the end, i understand a computer game does have restrictions.

Dreams are free....

Liquid_Silence

« Reply #6 on: 31 Dec 2002, 08:22:31 »
There is already a C-130 made, but we just need the parachute...which is the hard part, cause I don't think the parachute simulation allows movement...a helicopter or something might work, but I dunno...

skydognz

« Reply #7 on: 31 Dec 2002, 08:34:29 »
If we can get the ramp down on the C130 at altitude..we should be able to clamber out and into freefall....in theory?..ha ha...

Hopefully we'll get more information as this topic is bantered around... ;D

Offline Lt_Phoenix

• Members
« Reply #8 on: 31 Dec 2002, 17:14:25 »
You can download a C-130, C17 III and An-124 at www.ofp.info

You can also download a script here in the editing depot for ejecting your troops out of any aircraft. It comes with a tutorial mission as well. I've used this script in all my airborne missions.
« Last Edit: 31 Dec 2002, 17:15:35 by Lt_Phoenix »
In memory of Police Chief Inspector Arne Sigve Klungland 1950 - 2004
Killed in the line of duty 5. April 2004

Check out the new Norwegian Forces Studio's temporary site at: http://marsuitor.tripod.com/mmb/

skydognz

« Reply #9 on: 01 Jan 2003, 01:55:30 »
To Lt Phoneix..

Cheers my firend. It's not exactly HALO action and RAMAIR canopies, but it's a start.

I'm sure the AddOn community will develop it more and more as more technology is created.

Cheers. Happy New Year!

:wave:

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #10 on: 01 Jan 2003, 08:59:01 »
yes there is those planes out but there ugly and could be better but its mosly textures and i dont think the C-17 Globemaster III was finished

Pandoz

« Reply #11 on: 03 Jan 2003, 22:31:28 »
it would be awesome to see a scene similar to the Band of Brothers one in the 2nd episode when they parachute out of the 47's?? i believe if that could be done with no/little lag then that would be TRUELY amazing sight to see

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #12 on: 04 Jan 2003, 11:20:49 »
have u played spearhead thats cool like that u jump out of 47s at the start then thiers more lag then i had ever seen in an game not online its crazy and so phat it would be cool to see in ofp

3XTR3ME

« Reply #13 on: 06 Jan 2003, 02:10:19 »
I got 64 fps on the first part it was awesome, you see teh guy whose paracute failed?

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #14 on: 06 Jan 2003, 11:27:28 »
that C130 was, ummm, poorly textured and modeled  :-\

as for no movement during parachting - switch to intro mode, and place a flying parachuter as the player - now watch.
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

registered_fugitiv

« Reply #15 on: 06 Jan 2003, 23:37:54 »
yea man when he falls to his doom and then u get caught in the roof of da building and u have to cut urself down dude that kinda stuff would be so phat in flashpoint

Josef

« Reply #16 on: 12 Jan 2003, 19:21:11 »
How about...

Instead of releasing a chute you are switchmoved into a camcreated ramair, that is actually a heli, without ability to ascend, just to brake and steer...

Course, it would be difficult making you land like with a normal chute...

But, if you at the moment you hit the ground are ejected from the RAM Air and it is camdestroyed..

;DBINGO ;D

All hail me as your master!

;D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Diepvriezer

« Reply #17 on: 12 Jan 2003, 21:43:12 »
Why you don`t just jump into the rotor blades  ;D ;D ;D
bye bye head :D  ;D ;D ;D ;D