Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: chat  (Read 1719 times)

Azraell

chat
« on: 07 Dec 2002, 09:23:18 »
just went on the chat for the 1st time....and the last time. lotta anti-american stuff being thrown about >:(.... think it was going on b4 i came in and i just walked into the middle of it. anyways after 10 minutes, i split.  :'(      just thought id comment on this.     this post will prolly get flamed back to hell :P

Azraell

Re:chat
« Reply #1 on: 07 Dec 2002, 09:25:19 »
thats was like, 2 AM......maybe theres nicer ppl on during the day....my time anyway ::)

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #2 on: 07 Dec 2002, 11:48:48 »
I'm sorry to hear you got such a bad firts experience on the chat.

Usually it's not like that in there - the moderators there are taking their job very seriously and conversation takes place in mature tone of voice.

Something in this chat you have to understand though is freedom of speech.
If a person feels 'anti-american' then he should be allowed to expess those feelingsm, however he should maintain respect and mature tone of voice while doing so and state some arguments and not just spam his opinions to others.

I use the chat daily and it's a fun way to get in touch with some of the dudes here. Live conversation wiht geniouses :D

Hope you can get around that nasty episode in there and give the chat a second chance  ;)
Not all is lost.

Azraell

« Reply #3 on: 07 Dec 2002, 12:15:11 »
No Racist, Sexist or Personally Offensive Comments

i was just going by what the rules stated....they must be old rules....

im all for freedom of speech dude, but i dont go into chat rooms and call the germans "stinking nazi trash ". one of em was german , his term was "american scumbags",(not very original, i could think of worse) but hey, there was no call for it at all. i was just talking with some1 about a plane beforehand. :-\

but if ur not worrying about it, then im not ;) case closed.

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 07 Dec 2002, 14:23:50 »
Azraell, come in again, and shout my name. I'll bash the fkers over the head.

We work very hard to limit these activities, as they do not make anything better. This must've been while I was sleeping, otherwise I would have stopped it.

We do not stop criticism against countries, such as "I think the US/UK/France/Germany/Sweden/Poland/Russia did this and that wrong, they should of done this instead"

As we do have freedom of speech.

But things like: "The US/UK/France/Germany/Sweden/Poland/Russia sucks ass" are not allowed, and will be discouraged. (Depending on whether or not I'm a nasty fk at the time, it's Warning -> Kick or plain old Kick!)

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Offline Garcia

• Members
  • Leeds United is the best football team...EVER!
« Reply #5 on: 07 Dec 2002, 16:05:26 »
hmm, KTottE can be nasty ::) :P, and it's not often he sleeps ;D, so u should be safe in there ;D and ppl in the chat often jokes with stuff like that...at least in #ofpectavern ;D

anyway, u should really go there, i went there once for around a year ago...now i'm in there every day ::)
and it's much faster way to get help to go ask the big boys in the chat rather in the forum ;)

Garcia

Offline Wolfsbane

• Former Staff
  • Rubber Duckie! Mah rubber duckie!!
    • OFP Editing Center
« Reply #6 on: 07 Dec 2002, 23:24:37 »
With regards to the nature of the chat-room, whilst KtottE is right in stating that free speech is allowed, we do draw very strong lines that cannot and if a Moderator is present, willnot be crossed.

Ask the dozens of people that I've banned. :D

If we were to implement the Chats Moderator behaviour into the Forum, you'd think we were positively oppressive facists (And Sefe would have a lot more fun with his job!), but obviously, the nature of the chat requires a harder approach.

My apologies for this incident that has marred your experience with OFPEC, and if you'd like to IM me the names of those concerned, I'll happily bring justice onto their backsides in the form of my boot.

:D
The greatest days, with the greatest people.. OFPEC.. The friends are never forgot.

Azraell

« Reply #7 on: 08 Dec 2002, 13:53:50 »
thanks guys. :) i dont really remember their names, they werent really names ,but a bunch of letters , ghkdhg, like that. :-\ prolly just some quick chat names. ill prolly pop in during morning/day hours, rap with some ppl, nighttime is for scripting anyhow ;). maybe ill see you guys in there....thnks for ur time in this matter. ;D ....and if u dont mind, ill call this problem and thread solved! (dont wanna clog up the databases!) ;)